Rawr

Chocobo, wark!

Moderator: Global Moderators

Rawr

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:55 am

Gryphon
I'm getting the box today. I have been made aware that it takes a long time to install, so I'll see you all tonight, or possibly the morning tommorrow.

I plan on playing a thief... I enjoy sneaky efforts... Am I limited in race chocie for my job?

I'd quite like a break from the norm, much like quiz's choice of character.

EDIT - nevermind - I found the character creation trial.

EDIT 2... Nope thats just for Aesthetics. =/

EDIT 3!

Gah. My plans have been scuppered due to the simple fact that I can't get a boxed game anywhere :p Ho hum. try again tommorrow.
ESO - EU - Ebonheart
Jalfrezi - Khajit DK/Destro
Peeks-Through-Windows - Argonian Templar/Resto

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:53 pm

Inquisitor
Well, certain races have affinity for certain jobs, but really, any race can play any job.

Player > Gear > Race when it comes to job choices. It's more important to match teh race to the starting city, so you can get a starting item for free (Each kingdom/city has a different ring that you get if you match the race to the city). BD is starting in Bastok as a Hume I think, Bastok is Hume or Galka. Zephir started in San d'Oria, home of the Elvaan. Killjoy started in Windhurst as a Mithra, also it's the home of the Taru.

The "ideal" THF race might be Mithra. Humes are the most balanced stat wise. If you want to be "outside the norm" do something like a Taru melee. A Galka THF could be fun too, don't see many of those.

THF's usually end up "pulling" for parties, which means you will be responsible for picking and choosing the mobs you engage for your party. They also can open treasure coffers without keys, which is handy, the rest of us have to kill mobs to get the keys to open chests. And they also have the "sneak attack" ability that lets them deal laarge amounts of damage from behind the mob.

THF's tough to solo, as most of their abilities require the mob to be focused on someone else (Steal, Sneak Attack, etc).
No signature

Return to “Final Fantasy”