Inquisitor
There are 6 of us.

Anubis
BlackDove
Inquisitor
Gryphon
Killjoy
Zephir

Winbrian plays, but his responsibilities to other groups may prohibit him from holding a pearl.

KJ and Zeph are kinda on again, off again.

Me and BD are on alot.

That leaves you two newbies to make up the difference ;)

Lets meet in a town we can all get to and deal with creating (or distributing existing) SSX pearls.

We have a choice, BD has created "Burning Stars" and I hold "eXiles"

The "eXiles" pearl's color makes BD"s eyes bleed.

We should, if we are going to do this right, figure out a name for the shell, and decide on a colour and a shell holder.

You cannot change shell holders once you decide, so if hte holder leaves the game or the group, we have to drop the shell and start over. Everything else (including recruiting and setting MOTD's etc) can be granted to any member.

Linkshells work like chat rooms. You equip them to talk to people who also have them equipped. I hold 3 pearls for instance.

The SeventhLegion: a group of friends, but not necessarily a "clan" with common goals", SSX members are welcome, but sometimes our goals are incompatible. There are no real joining requirements, just guidelines. They are great for low level help, but easily "offended" by what they perceive as "leaching." They exist mostly for fun and to keep everyone's sanity, and most of the people know one another in real life, so, alot of inside jokes and adult oriented banter. I have on opinion of them, BD has another, ask us on IRC ;) There website (but not their forums) is hosted on this server.

http://www.seventhlegion.net

TheGauntlet: this is a "RPLS" which stands for "Role Playing Linkshell" which exists to tell stories and act in character. You may have read some of my stories, many recent ones were inspired by events on this shell. There are strict joining requirements, but they all revolve around creativity. If you are interested in this aspect of FFXI, let me know.

http://s14.invisionfree.com/Gauntlet/

PrioryofVanadiel: BD joined this, I joined later. It's a group with level requirements to join and is full of reasonably helpful people. This behaves more like a clan than either of the others, but you need to be level 30 to get an invite.

http://povasura.sudraservers.com/forum/index.php

At various times in the past, I have help specialty pearls, for crafting, for specific jobs, etc. The RPLS pearl is the only specialty pearl I hold ATM.
No signature

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 3:26 pm

Gryphon
I'm all for it. A lot of it is a little confusing, so I'm going to go and read around the subject, but it sounds like a good idea to me :)
ESO - EU - Ebonheart
Jalfrezi - Khajit DK/Destro
Peeks-Through-Windows - Argonian Templar/Resto

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 5:50 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
I think getting an SSX Linkshell going would be a great idea :) My vote would probably go to either Ed or BD as the shell holder, both because they're both trustworthy and because I don't envisage either of them leaving the game anytime soon.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 8:20 pm

winbrian
Yes I am always on a lot but I'm in a end-game ls which they prefer not to have another ls, however I do pop in now and then saying hey. If you guys need help just let me know. I'll do what I can. But usually I'm busy on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sunday nights for my ls events. So I'm free to do what I want on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday. I am also on at work too lol, however I will have to go afk often so don't get mad at me when I do help you and go afk lol.

Re: The time may have come.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 8:23 pm

winbrian
Inquisitor wrote:You cannot change shell holders once you decide, so if hte holder leaves the game or the group, we have to drop the shell and start over. Everything else (including recruiting and setting MOTD's etc) can be granted to any member.
When you drop the shell it will break everyone's pearl/pearlsack. Then you may make another shell of the same name. MOTD can only be changed by the shellholder or those with the pearlsacks.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 11:15 pm

BlackDove
Arr.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 5:28 pm

Stracius
Oddly enough, I found myself reinstalling this last week. Despite the fact I got frustrated by the grouping requirements (read no group, no xp), I really did enjoy it. That and it's one of the few games I think my current video card should be able to run alright. Oh yeah, forgot to mention, my vid card fried and I had to fall back on my old Ti4200. Kinda puts a kink in my gaming until I replace it. Anyway.

Got to the playonline registration and it told me my code was invalid :weird: so I just removed it. I might give it another shot if I have time to dick around with their customer support, but I doubt that'll be for another week at least.

Maybe I just got the urge because I noticed FFXII looks somewhat similar to XI :p . Still, gorgeous game, and I had a lot of fun exploring it. We'll see.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 5:39 pm

Inquisitor
You will need to contact support and reactivate your id. The serial numbers are permanently tied to your POL ID.

And yeah, I finally played the FFXII demo, the game play is VERY similar.

It would be very cool to have you back in-game Strac ;)
No signature

Return to “Final Fantasy”