Events and stuff to do...

Chocobo, wark!

Moderator: Global Moderators

Events and stuff to do...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:09 pm

Inquisitor
As people get close to 20, things begin to open up.

Couple milestones to remember:

Level 8-10: Start partying! The Valkurm Dunes are the usual destinations for 10+ levelling. Since a number of you are at the same level (check the member list), that could be a great group activity. Also, around level 10, ask for a World Tour from me, BD, Winbrian. Even Anny and Strac could help on a tour :)

Level 18:
Subjobs unlocked, requires help in farming items, great way for everyone (or small groups) to be in the same place doing things together. You can start participating in Eco Warrior and Garrison runs at this level, see below.

Level 20:
Chocobo license, pain to get, requires doing something in Jeuno every hour for 4 or 5 hours, sucks, but cool once you get it. However, you need to go to Jeuno at 20 for levelling and its kinda fun to run small groups thru the in between zones.

Eco Warrior (its a quest) is a cool, city specific event that introduces players to alliance sized battles (18 people). It involves going to a zone with a crag in it (La Theine Plateau for instance) and then into a dungeon off that crag. Its capped at level 20, which means while we are doing it, no matter how high a level I am, for the duration of the event I am level 20. It does require some minimum fame levels in teh city you want to participate in. You get 5000gil and up to 1k experience from doing these. They are repeatable, but you can only do them once a week. If you are level 18+ and see people shouting for them, consider joining, otherwise, we should organize one.

Garrisons are not really a quest, someone trades a specific item to an outpost guard while that outpost is in your control, and then you face several waves of beastmen specific to that area (Orcs in Sandy, etc). You do not have to be of that nationality, and there is no fame requirement to participate, just the person who starts it has to have the right item and be of the right nationality. Mercenaries welcome. This is also a level 20 cap event, so everyone fights at the same level. The rewards here are misc gear, some quest items, and occasionally and experience scroll. This can be done with as few as 6 people, as many as 18 and its neat to do at least once.

Also at level 20, are the first BCNM's which usually require specific jobs and specific strategies. We can probably do one or two of these with the folks we have now. The rewards from the BCNM range into items worth millions. You use Beastman's Seals to get the orbs to activate these circles. I'll keep an eye on our jobs and suggest a couple.

Some time between 20 and 25, we need to, as a small group, go farm keys for your Kazham Airship pass, which leads to the popular levelling zones for 25-33ish.

Level 30:
Advanced jobs. Every advanced job in the game can be quested and unlocked once you have ANY job to 30. That's alot of content, and alot of stuff to do. Some are simple, some are fetch quests, and some require boss battles. Too much can be said about advanced jobs.

Also at this level, and there may be a rank 3 requirement, is the ability to quest for an NPC buddy you can summon for solo or small group levelling. There are several BCNM 30's as well.

Finally, Level 30 is the level cap for teh first set of CoP missions, these are nasty complicated beasties requiring specific jobs and specific tactics.

Ranks:
These happen through levelling, you should go fro rank 2 before you hit 20, and rank 3 is a level 25 cap event, so somewhere between 20-25, depending on whether you are a mage or not. Your goal is Rank 5, which is the airship pass. Rank 3 is a boss battle, and like i said is 25 cap. Rank 4 is another boss battle, but its uncapped, and in an area that is nasty for people under 40ish. I think I can solo the boss as a 66 RDM, and am pretty sure BD can ;)

So as we make levels, lets keep these things in mind. There should ALWAYS be somethign we can do as a small group :)
No signature

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:10 am

M.Steiner
I just started on the Windurst storyline missions yesterday, i've enjoyed doing some of the fame quests so i thought i'd try one. I completed the first mission (The Horutoto Ruins Experiment) and i'm now on to the second one which i plan to do today as well as the 3rd one to reach rank2 if i can. :)

The 20+ events all sound like fun. =D
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Return to “Final Fantasy”