Ruins of Alzdaal

Chocobo, wark!

Moderator: Global Moderators

Ruins of Alzdaal

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:33 am

BlackDove
It's kinda grainy and non-polished because my graphics aren't set to polish - I need to be able to endure Dynamis.

But still, it's damn pretty. Had only a chance to glance at it as I was completing mission requirements. Managed to only take one off.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:21 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Looks interesting, a bit palace-like. Whats the lore behind it? Was it a city before it was attacked by Beastmen or something?
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:24 pm

BlackDove
We're still not sure. Archeological research confirms 900 years or so old, with advanced technology (it's undersea) that blocks out water, and the pillars that are supporting the structure in a flexible way to absorb all kinds of shocks.

Also, the place is a giant teleporter to move around Aht Urhagn, so whoever built it was very technologically endowed.

We find out more as we progress through more missions.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:16 pm

Inquisitor
What do you need to do to get access?
No signature

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:23 pm

BlackDove
Get to mission 10 of Aht Urhagn storyline, go to Bhaflau Thickets and trade one silver piece to the guard for them to let you in.

The idea of the mission is to go there to patrol the Ruins at the order of the Empress.

The next update, when you're into the 20th missions, you will have access to the Empire's Royal Castle and will be able to meet the Empress. (my assumption by what I see per mission descriptions)

The missions have been extended from 8-18 and feature some BCNM's, etc. Near the 20th, I think the above will happen.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:06 pm

Inquisitor
I have no idea what mission I am on :)
No signature

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:00 am

BlackDove
No, I was wrong.

You get to see the inside of the Castle on mission 16-17.

I'm about to do it now.

Did the two BCNM's and I was on the Black Coffin fighting pirates (whole story behind Corsairs too).

AWESOME storyline.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:18 am

BlackDove
Okay I'm done with the missions for this patch.

Just awesome.

They're also trying to make the stoy as comical as possible with a slight hint of Anime and it's working for me.

The punchline at the end of the cutscene for mission 18 is funny as hell.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:54 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
So much story I want to do :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

Return to “Final Fantasy”