Where the hell am I?

Chocobo, wark!

Moderator: Global Moderators

Where the hell am I?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:26 pm

Inquisitor
So, I have not been on much since I got back from Austin. This happens every so often (or at least it has in the last 2 years or so I have been playing) where I play every day for months, then, suddenly, can't find the time to login for a couple weeks in a row.

I am usually playing other games (racing games this week, as it turns out).

I am too invested in FFXI to quit, but I think this is my body/mind's way of telling me I play too much, and should try other things so I don't hate the game. It stops as quickly as it starts, so I could be back on tomorrow in full swing, all depends on my mood.

Sorry for being absent :( I hope people are enjoying playing without me, and I will be back in, en force, soon!

Besides, I have to login and make sure my chocobo doesn't die :)

Anyway, that's whats going on. Sorry to the new guy for being absent as well, and hope that doesn't colour your pereception too much of us :)
No signature

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:53 pm

SSX-Killjoy
I tell ya, these damn slackers... Just coming and going as they please..

/me whistles quietly from behind his lvl 11 BLM
================================
I will be forever Shattered Star, but only as an
EXILE can I find peace in this lifetime.
================================

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:24 pm

M.Steiner
May as well give a little update on my status as well i guess. :)

I've not really been playing much for the past few weeks either tbh, only to check on my chocobo really. (He's now an adult and i'll be able to ride him as soon as i've finished this damned chocobo whistle quest. For which i have to go from Windy > Sandy, Sandy > Windy, Windy > Sandy, Sandy > Windy :sweat: .. not in a rush to do that :p)

Not completely given up on the game, yet, but i'm watching another MMO atm which i very much like the look of and is planned to go in to open beta and be released sometime before the end of the year. If i like it, i may end up playing it, if i don't, i'm watching a few others as well to checkout when they get that far.

I still enjoy the game but it doesn't fit with my playstyle as much as i would have liked it to so it has kinda put me off playing, but like i said above, i've not completely given up on it just yet. :)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:59 pm

Inquisitor
I'm the oppsite, it meshes too perfectly with my playstyle, anyway, short break, hardly worth mentioning, but I realized after not logging in for more than about an hour over the last two weeks someone might have twigged to the "where did he go?" question ;)

Out of curiousity MS (and maybe this is an IRC discussion, sans QD) what doesn't fit with the play style?
No signature

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:14 am

Ash
SSX-MS wrote:
Not completely given up on the game, yet, but i'm watching another MMO atm which i very much like the look of and is planned to go in to open beta and be released sometime before the end of the year. If i like it, i may end up playing it, if i don't, i'm watching a few others as well to checkout when they get that far.
Pray tell.... not Huxley by anychance..... ;)

Also I should give apologies as I've been dabbling
with WoW. Not given up on FFXI quite yet.

:thumb:
Ash
The quiet one in the corner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:00 pm

M.Steiner
Ash wrote: Pray tell.... not Huxley by anychance..... ;)
hehe. Huxley is one of the ones i'm watching yep ;)
The other one is The Chronicles of Spellborn, which was due to go in to open beta phase this month but they've pushed it back a bit. (Theres a couple of others as well but those are the main two i'm interested in atm :))

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:53 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
I havent been ingame for two weeks now myself, not sure when I'll be back yet either. I've had a rough week settling into Uni, and currently I'm going to focus on getting myself comfortable there and back to my old self before I start playing again :thumb:
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:36 am

Aucia
Wow Im pretty much exactly like Anubis, I havent been on in along time cuz of getting used to school. Should be back eventually.
Aucia: |WHM66|BLM37|SMN30|NIN20|BRD18|WAR16|MNK15|SAM15|
~Bastok Rank 6

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:39 pm

M.Steiner
Since i've still not been playing FF (just haven't felt like it tbh..) and i'm getting more and more excited about TCoS each day i've decided that when the playtime on my FF account expires i won't be extending it.
The OB/release for Spellborn shoudln't be too far away now so it seems a waste spending more money on FF when i know as soon as Spellborn is released i'll be buying it and won't even touch FF. Couldn't afford to pay for both anyway.

I don't think my FF account runs out for another 5 or 6 weeks or summin so its not like it'll run out tomorrow. I will login at some point during that time and mail back any stuff i've borrowed, i know i borrowed a sword from Ed so i'll make sure i return that. Can't remember if theres anything else i need to send back to anyone off the top of my head, if there is just remind me before hand.

If for some reason TCoS turns out really bad, and some of the other games i wanna try do as well i may return at some point but atm i don't know. :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:32 am

Ash
Update... as you have probably guessed I haven't
played for a good month now.
Seems I back into playing WoW.
I've therefore cancelled my FFXI content ID,
yet I did enjoy the game and may reactivate
at some point in the future.

But for now I'm off playing WoW.

Later all.

:thumb:
Ash
The quiet one in the corner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:05 pm

Inquisitor
Oh well, it was nice to have people in game for a while.
No signature

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:07 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
I'm ready to start playing again, but would prefer to pick a time to play when someone will be online so I'm not completely alone ;)

Ive flitted in a few times this last week, and the place has been dead. Its very reminiscent of how NC2 was, just no-one to talk to, making it less fun. Ed, let me know when you're planning to play and I will try to login and play then :thumb:
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

Return to “Final Fantasy”