What am I doing now?

Chocobo, wark!

Moderator: Global Moderators

What am I doing now?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:03 pm

Inquisitor
Been having some fun levelling RDM and helping my in-laws.

Gondolin and Bretton are their in-game character names, so far they are both RDM, around level 9 or 10. I made level 13 last night and am crystal farming and helping newbs with heals and protects in the forest.

My next "thing" in addition to getting to level 15 RDM is to go look for those Selbina Clay markers. I have 2, and from what I have learned so far, several are still within reach of my solo efforts, but there might come a time very soon when I want to go after the harder ones (mostly just to see the world, as my interest became renewed when I made it to bastok via Xmas teleport and realized I oculd make it all the way back to Sandy without incident), so now I am on a "see the world kick."

I will be playing as a 18WAR/9RDM for this effort (I am not that far from 19 WAR), and will probably want to tackle the Chocobo license relatively soon (unless someone wants to help me level to 20 first?).

Anyway, having people at around my level and my play speed has been a big boon to my enjoyment.
No signature

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:23 pm

Pixistix
;D why spend money on an online game if you aren't going to play with other people ;) ? Remember that the Choco quest is a lvl 20 quest.

I have been farming like a monkey lately. I need about 50K gil to buy all the gear and spells I'm going to need before I hit 30 (w00t Seer's gear). At the rate I'm going I'm going to be able to start lvling again in like 2 months :p !

Have you been through the Pashlow Marshlands? I like that zone, very pretty.
Blarghl.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:44 pm

Inquisitor
Present company excepted, I don't much like many of hte people who populate online games ;)

But, I have people to play with now ;)

I have not been to the Marshlands yet, I really liked La Theine when i first visited, and any of the crags are just awesome to find.
No signature

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:19 am

Kiyaya
wootaru! good to see some more RDM people! if you have any job related questions, i'm your taru!

i just hit lvl 58 today and have only one more piece of artifact gear! /cheer

remember: ffxi.allakhazam.com is your friend ^^

kudos for doing the selbina clay quest, it is SOOO beneficial to have the map that you recieve from it, and its a great way to tour Vanadiel as you collect your clay impressions.
56-RDM 36-WHM 18-BLM 15-SMN 9-WAR
9-THF 6-RNG 5-DRG 5-BST 2-BRD 2-NIN 2-SAM

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:49 pm

Inquisitor
I am relly enjoying RDM, it's so much more interesting than WAR, and having hte WAR hit points and job abilities doesn't suck either as my subjob.

Made level 14 last night, took Gondolin and Bretton to Selbina last night to show them the town (they are level 10 RDM) was an exciting threat filled trip. Managed to forget my impression in town though, so, a bit of a wasted trip other than the exp for me.

Level 15 and I can use my Kingdom armor set! w00t!

Good stuff. I have enough spells now that I need to set up some macros for them.
No signature

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:07 pm

Pixistix
I went to Kazham last night :D ! The airship was really cool and the town is pretty, remided me a lot of Windy! So looking forward to getting an airship pass at some point. On the down side I died 3 times. My group could not control hate to save their souls. At one point the monk hit with with a tell:

Monk: These guys suck! You shouldn't be the one dying, they should! I'll protect you since the tanks obviously can't ;)!

Cracked me up! Hopefully tonight will be better, *closes eyes and repeats to self "just need to get to 30, just need to get to 30"*
Blarghl.

Return to “Final Fantasy”