Crystals for Rank Points

Chocobo, wark!

Moderator: Global Moderators

Crystals for Rank Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:41 pm

Inquisitor
Can anyone explain this to me? Do you get alot of points for it? I have been playing the missions, but a bit stuck level wise on rank 2, and have been using crystals as a funding source. Do they advance rank points substantially?
No signature

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:36 pm

Pixistix
There comes a certain point when you are working on the rank missions where you need to turn in crystals to "cap" your rank and make you eligible for the next mission. You can also trade in crystals to raise your rank enough to skip some of the lower lvl missions. I'm almost Rank 4 and I have had to trade in about 3-4 stacks of crystals. I usually turn them in 6 at a time and check with the gaurd that gives the missions between each trade until I see the mission I want apear as an option.

As far as what crystals to use for this I would suggest:

Buying earth crystals when you need to do this (they are the cheapest)

Saving earth crystals when you are farming (again they are the cheapest, therefore you will be loosing the least profit)

Saving whatever crystals you don't need for crafting (For example: I've been working on clothcraft, so I save water and fire crystals to turn in because I need earth, wind and lightening crystals for crafting)

Does that help some?
Blarghl.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:53 pm

Inquisitor
Helps a great deal.

How many stacks does it take to get significant rank increases?
No signature

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 7:40 pm

Pixistix
It depends on your rank. I only had to turn in about 6 to see a significant increase when I was working on rank 2 (rank 1 at the time), but it took about a stack and a half to skip mission 2-2 when I was rank 2 working on rank 3. Like I said I would try turning in crystals in groups of 6 and just check you rank ( -> status -> profile, your rank points are shown in a little bar at the bottom) each time.
Blarghl.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:53 pm

winbrian
Yes it depends on your rank and if you have done any previous missions. You can redo some other missions. But only will gain little at a time more rank points. As Pixi did say, buy a bunch of earth crystals. I say buy alot to full up the entire trade box. Because when you max out your rank point meter, the remaining crystals will be added to your Conquest Points. Not sure how much though. But some.

Return to “Final Fantasy”