The Bwl raid

Moderator: Global Moderators

The Bwl raid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:11 pm

NightDreams
Okay so that didnt go as i hoped it would.
We didnt have a full raid, we lacked healers and some people lacked fire gear.
Those imo were the small problems.
Now the big one. Seemed to me people didnt read my post. The whole part about NOT messing about and NOT wiping on vael which is what would of happened if we had kept going.
Yeah it was for fun, but i did expect people to do there damn jobs right and not just chat crap over vent and mess about.
We came, we saw and we failed.
I wont be trying anything like this again and tbh i feel let down alot.
Thanks
Mip
Lies can be good, If they are put to good use.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:55 pm

Sondemon
Signed
There is a cow level, and it's called MULGORE!

"I can still hear the laughter echo, and the taste of blood in my mouth.."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:51 am

Galador
Signed

If this is what people intend to do whenever an SSX raid is put up then hopes of actually seeing SSX return to its former glory in terms of raiding achievements are quite bleak to say the least. It's a pity cos the potential is there, we have skilled players, some undergeared players true but a good number of overgeared as well. Somehow however ppl cba to concentrate and focus and give their best. It's a pity but yesterday's poor display confirms the reasons to the events that happened the past months.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:42 am

armstrong
hi thought i would post my thoughts on this

first and most importantly big thanks for taking the time to set up organize and lead this raid tho the outcome was dissapointing i for one am gratefull for the oppurtunity and appreciate the time and effort put in on my behalf :)

im not a gr8 player and am definately one of the undergeared ppl here(especialy with regard to resistances and such) but i did take this raid seriously and do my best that said i made many mistakes and had a nightmare buffing ppl just wanted to take the time to apologise for that

lastly i think i/we can do better and would like the chance to prove it i appreciate u feeling let down over individual and overall performance and attiude totaly understand that u wouldnt want to do it again but if u did i would be there and do my best to work with the raid for a better outcome

so big thanks to mip sry it was a mess hope we can try again and do better tho understand if we dont :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:47 pm

Linkie
damn i feel bad i couldnt come :( to bad it went like that :(
WoW:
NE Rogue LvL 60 Called Linkie

GW:
Eli/Mon LvL 8 Called Sakura The Small

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:37 pm

Sondemon
Wasn't about ppl not showing up Linkie, the ppl who were there coulda done it, but they didn't put enough effort into it.

In my view, it was a kindergarden, nothing else.
There is a cow level, and it's called MULGORE!

"I can still hear the laughter echo, and the taste of blood in my mouth.."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:26 pm

Enivid
This raid was very much like our old raids. Indeed some people could've put more effort in it but still, this raid was like our old raids. Sure you could've expected more from the raid and the people in it, but still it was the same people like our old raids. Even thou you expected more you can't be that suprised.

And for vael, sure we could have killed him with some work but the main reason for dying was not the effort put into it, it was the raid setup.

To sum this up, this raid was just like our old raids. :rolleyes: I enjoyed seeing and playing with all of you again and do not regret joining in for some repair costs.

Billy the cool :cool:
Enivid, 60 priest

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:39 am

Zargor
Enivid wrote:This raid was very much like our old raids. Indeed some people could've put more effort in it but still, this raid was like our old raids. Sure you could've expected more from the raid and the people in it, but still it was the same people like our old raids. Even thou you expected more you can't be that suprised.

And for vael, sure we could have killed him with some work but the main reason for dying was not the effort put into it, it was the raid setup.

To sum this up, this raid was just like our old raids. :rolleyes: I enjoyed seeing and playing with all of you again and do not regret joining in for some repair costs.

Billy the cool :cool:
I agree, sure some ppl might have been able to perform better or pay abit more attention but! Expexting to take down vael easily with 2.5 tanks that are geared for the fight and lack of healing power is a bit optimistic in my eyes.

If all the healers that were in the raid had been in full BWL/AQ gear pve speced and the rest of the raid would of had equal gear to that sure, it would have been easy but that wasnt the case.

We had 12-15 ppl in the raid who outgeared the instance, but... most of them were DPS (hence why RG was easyish), and DPS cant carry u trought BWL fights like vael when u lack the tanks and healingpower needed. Sure we could have killed him if we had continued since all we needed was a lucky try when we didnt lose healers to BA and nothing went wrong with the tanking.

This raid was even low on healers with ssx standards and that should tell us something.

I think some ppl have forgotten how hard these instances can be when u lack the gear for them unless u try to bridge the gap with consumables,
for example broodlord would have been almost impossible with just 1 maybe 2 tanks (mjol is just a few 100s of HP abowe the being 2 shot by MS+ Nova limit) that could have reliably tanked him with no outside hp buffs.

But yes, ppl could have performed better, they could have prepared more,
but in the end, as Eni said, it was almost like any other ssx raid we have done in the past.

Edit: was gonna add something but it was a bit to much so i made a new topic :weird:
I like to jump....

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:19 pm

Brittfire
i had a funny feeling from the point we got double bloodfang...

but yes, it coulda gone better, some mistakes were made, head started to get hot and miscriants ran amok, but alas, such is the case, it was just like old times...

now its has been said by the lord of darkness that he'll never try this again, but atleast, we could try some kind of comedy runs. theres always scope misbehaviour in the name of fun!
TBC update
tomato ketchup will be a required reagent for feign death and rogues can apply huntersmark with a crayon!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:41 am

Scorpius
Sorry I missed it but I had guests that night. However we seem to be trying to run before we can walk, I suggest do a few MC runs first to get some of the more ill equipped people upto spec.
I may even *cough* repec to holy *cough* ;D
Power Corrupts, Ultimate Power is Fun.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:23 pm

S1on
Scorpius wrote:Sorry I missed it but I had guests that night. However we seem to be trying to run before we can walk, I suggest do a few MC runs first to get some of the more ill equipped people upto spec.
I may even *cough* repec to holy *cough* ;D
Didn't get into Infamous then.
aluk

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:45 pm

Scorpius
S1on wrote: Didn't get into Infamous then.
Some one say something ? Nope did'nt think so.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:55 pm

Grumpeh
DENIED ALUK!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:55 pm

S1on
Scorpius wrote:
S1on wrote: Didn't get into Infamous then.
Some one say something ? Nope did'nt think so.
oloel
aluk

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:14 am

Scorpius
Oh my reinforcements how quaint.

2-1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:55 pm

Riccko
2 against 1 is a bit unfair

they're only jealous.
I am of the opinion that my life belongs to this community, and as long as I live it is my privilege to do for it whatever I can.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:03 pm

SSX-Ava
Al/Grumpeh

Thanks for taking the time to come onto the boards and act idiotic. I'm sure we all find the pair of you absolutely hillarious and what not.

But yeah it's not appreciated and not needed. :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:34 pm

Grumpeh
Who was it that said;
"Amazing this was one of my points I was trying to bring up. Instead of working to change things ppl leave.
I love it whine whine whine I'm leaving instead of trying to change things.
Well good luck I for one will not miss you."

you forgot to add "oh and i'll be trying to leave aswell but failing so ill come back"

shinabit lads not that i really care what any of you think but aluk had a gd point

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:47 pm

SSX-Ava
We've all said and done things in the past i think we regret? no?...
That doesn't excuse or justify coming back a few months later and making snide comments. I think both sides has had it's pound of flesh.

Let's have some peace now shall we. I fancy an early night.

Return to “=EU= World of Warcraft- Outland”