Outcome of the modmeeting

Moderator: Global Moderators

Outcome of the modmeeting

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:54 pm

Shoarmabob
We had a modmeeting today, and with all the problem that have arisen lately, it's a good thing we had. Anyways, here are the results:

Entertainment
We understand that there is very little to do in WoW at the moment, as we're not raiding, and we don't expect to do so (on our own) untill TBC so that's why we will be trying to set up (once again) PvP raids, to provide some fun & get to know eachother better, which is vital if we are to function as a guild. The most important thing right now, is to have fun, and preferably to have fun as a guild.

We are also working on raids, but in a different way than before (no more crappy alliances), however as we are currently not sure if this will work we will not yet reveal our plan.
We could also try several ideas from the "fun with SSX" thread, as PvP can get quite boring and some alternative fun will be a good idea.

Guildbank stuff
In TBC, the gold and the mats in our guildbank won't be worth nearly as much as it is now. We came up with two ideas
Idea number one was to sell all the mats and divide the gold among the member, but it was also suggested to use the gold to buy members into raids from other guilds (some guilds like drama or union do runs where you can "buy" items from them)

Your problems
We're pretty sure that we don't know everything that's bothering you, which is why we've made a topic where you can throw it all out, and we can try to fix things. Any suggestions on how to improve the guild are, ofcourse, also very welcome. We're trying to make the guild a better place, so please tell us what's wrong, so we can try to improve the guild/our policy
is it a bird?
is it a plane?
NO!
IT'S SUPERBOB! HERE TO SAVE THE DAY

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:11 pm

Varanor / Dalaryna
great ideas on the entertainment. Though on the guildbank stuff one, I think it's more fair if you just split the gold between the members than if you give them to certain people for certain epics which would result in 1 guy gets 1k gold for items and another one gets nothing because he can't raid or w/e. If you split the gold between all members its fair for everyone and the few gold you do get then are also spendable for raid epics I guess :/. thats my point of view :p
Varanor 60 paladin.
Dalaryna 60 rogue.
Theradur 60 mage.
-----------------------
but my friends call me.. Kikkoman!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:42 pm

Kaewen
It's good the moderators are doing everything they can to keep this machine oiled.
Lets just show each other respect and stop the play school antics. x

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:24 am

Janus
I think the idea is great of "buying" members into raids, but I don't think raiding is that important atm. Why start over with MC/BWL now?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:31 pm

Shoarmabob
To pass the evenings, to give people something to do. It's not so much about the items you gain from raiding as it is about having fun. I know a lot of people have been bored lately, raiding might be a solution
is it a bird?
is it a plane?
NO!
IT'S SUPERBOB! HERE TO SAVE THE DAY

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:10 am

Arche
It still makes me smile if mods want to take this guild back to a previous level of enjoyment.

The strict recruitment (which I have no problems against) isn't stronger then the retirements and the gquits. We're constantly at the same amount of active members.

I also think that the amount of respect for moderators is low. There are too many people questioning actions online and personally when this should be done in de [u]forums[/u].

I hope we will move into a positive direction

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:10 pm

Sondemon
Arche wrote:I also think that the amount of respect for moderators is low. There are too many people questioning actions online and personally when this should be done in de forums.
Can't say it better myself Arche.
And I can't explain how it feels to work hard for something, to only see ppl take it for granted. I'm not sure I even have the will to keep trying anymore..
There is a cow level, and it's called MULGORE!

"I can still hear the laughter echo, and the taste of blood in my mouth.."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:54 pm

Arche
If it falls so hard on you, you shouldn't be in that position anymore. Shouldn't the moderator functions be rotated anyway?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:59 pm

Inquisitor
Yes. They should, within reason and as appropriate.
No signature

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:05 pm

SSX-Ava
Arche wrote:If it falls so hard on you, you shouldn't be in that position anymore. Shouldn't the moderator functions be rotated anyway?
Sonde isn't a mod anymore Arche and yes the mod's will be rotated. They are due for a rotation December the 1st. :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:16 pm

Sofia
Yeah, it would have been my duty to rotate the mods in dec ... & though i left the WoW grp i still had in mind to drop a reminder when it comes around.

Ive promoted Bobby to GM when i left... hes one of those i still hold trust in. Now i have a bad feeling that i dumped more on him than he signed up for... in the rush of the moment. Sorry bob.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:45 pm

Arche
I also think moderators clung a lot to their moderatorship. I know not for power, but for love of our group. We've always been a special bunch, and we've always been flawed, in our own special way.

This gave us room to create some good memories, but not every character matches in the guild. Some things went sour.

I still think moderators are inexperienced. I think there should always be an experienced moderator, and a newcomer. Just let the newcomer handle most problems with a sightful eye of the experienced moderator. This way there's not secondguessing, like a LOT of non-moderators did.

To bad I don't have the time to take up moderatorship for a round. I also think some people wouldn't like moderatorship with my robust character ;)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:01 pm

Komfort
Arche wrote:I still think moderators are inexperienced. I think there should always be an experienced moderator, and a newcomer. Just let the newcomer handle most problems with a sightful eye of the experienced moderator. This way there's not secondguessing, like a LOT of non-moderators did.
True. But the good thing is we've always had some old mods to lean back on, Ava for example have took upon him to be an advisor, lots of tips and guides to help us through what we lack of in experience. Very helpfull idd, and i want to thank him for that.

-

The lack of respect to the mods, most likely comes with the thought of us being inexperienced. Have some faith! We would never do any decision without being sure what we are doing..
Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy and paste me to your signature so i can spread.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:48 pm

Fearknot
That sounds good to me :)
im not sure about the whole gbank issue.. that will have to be sorted out after the Having Fun part :P
Fun=more important than gold or items imo :)

Wez :P
(my real name before you ask)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:58 pm

Lernam
all mods are doing all they can to make this guild go round.. it's not like your getting payed for it in money.. your giving your free time to make it work in the best way you can do for this moment.. and thats good enough for me..

about the bank thing.. ya it can work but maby it's better to find a other way.. well not all have been helping the guild with stuff. I know I havent =(
just so it's fare..

but still nice results ^^

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:10 pm

Kaewen
So what now.
we've lost so many good men out there.
Are we going to start active recruitment?
I want sofia back.
For the love of god! :(

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:43 pm

Sondemon
Active recruiting? I'd say no recruiting until we know what happens in BC, it ain't far away.
There is a cow level, and it's called MULGORE!

"I can still hear the laughter echo, and the taste of blood in my mouth.."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:40 pm

Arche
I wonder if active recruiting would solve anything.

Inactivity has been the cause of bitterness. In my opinion, active recruitment could've helped a long time ago... but now? I don't know, I think it would increase the gap between actives and norms.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:22 am

Lernam
not active rec now.. soon BC is here and then we see what happens.. but to start now at this moment with active rec is not the right way..

let see after BC whats left of SSX, and then we deside what way to go..

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:18 pm

Riccko
Inactivity has been the cause of bitterness.
I dont think thats the problem. Peoples attitudes have changed towards other members. ssx beleive in friendship and being equal, that has gone

As it has showed in recent weeks while people have been raiding with other guilds. there was plenty of activity then but raiding was the main target for alot of people and thats where it broke down. blaming mods is just an excuse for those to lazy to try. Not to long ago Mip (a mod) arranged a bwl raid which sadly did not go to well. He tried but wasn't prepared to do another one (which i dont blame him) you can't be responsible for peopls actions like that. Who wants that kinda of hassle.

Personally i think people need to look at themselves and decide if ssx is for them. Do you want to be part of a community thats more than just wow. Do you want to enjoy the friendship of others and be treated as equal.

I'm a mod as well and maybe i couldnt give as much time as i could,being a family man and working cuts down the amount of time i play
but i tried and maybe that was'nt good enough everyone. i tried helping people as much as i can if it was possible.

If im not mod meterial then just say so. no need to stab me in the back i can take it,im old enough to handle it.

So if you have'nt fallen asleep by now and you r wondering "where the fcuk"is this post leading to.its not im just blabbing on and letting you know how i feel. I would like to carry on at least till tbc comes out and thsoe who are wiling to stay in ssx to be there as well. A new expansion may bring us together again. (who knows)

Enjoy the banter as gossip in the guild. it can be a happy one as it ahas shown in the past. Lets try and keep that way and not take our frustations out on each other.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Ooops sorry.

thats all really ( maybe ill bore you more later)
I am of the opinion that my life belongs to this community, and as long as I live it is my privilege to do for it whatever I can.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:32 pm

Stracius
Riccko wrote:I'm a mod as well and maybe i couldnt give as much time as i could,being a family man and working cuts down the amount of time i play but i tried and maybe that was'nt good enough everyone.
And if anyone complains about you lacking in effort, I'll be the first to slap them around for ya. This statement just brings us around to remembering one thing. Everyone is here to have fun, even those who are currently moderators.

They're taking time away from the game to deal with issues that are normally reserved for real life. Think about it. They could be having fun running in an instance, or going on a PvP raid. Instead they are helping to organize, keep the peace, and facilitate activities (among countless other things, such as listening to everyone who has a bone to pick or some whine and cheese to consume).

Give them a little respect, or volunteer to do it yourself. And if you do volunteer, keep in mind one thing: Just because we haven't had to kick a mod that might've been abusive, doesn't mean it won't happen :p .

The other big red flag I'm seeing, however, is this.
I dont think thats the problem. Peoples attitudes have changed towards other members. ssx beleive in friendship and being equal, that has gone
I'm trying to figure out how this comes about (if indeed this is the case). So far I've only seen it happen in the WoW groups, twice now. Something to do with higher population, higher incidence? Or perhaps how the game is geared around raids and loot? Lax recruiting standards, or allowance of poor behaviour in-game? :confused: (that's just a few possibilities I can think of)

I'm almost tempted to pick the game back up just to try and get a grasp of what goes on. It certainly makes for a good study on social interaction within online communities :rolleyes:
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:49 pm

Arche
The thing that was told to me, that changed my attitude was by a SSX EU-WOW moderator:

"Fix your attitude or get out"

It cut me deep, and me made change my ways. I think it's better to say something like that then to move in a direction where SSX-EU-WOW is the source of all the SSX problems. I really liked the way the mods braught out the positive, but the negative parts should be pointed out and handled...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:13 pm

Stracius
I really liked the way the mods braught out the positive, but the negative parts should be pointed out and handled...
Indeed Arche. That's one of the jobs of a moderator. I'm hoping that, if this hasn't been the case lately, it is just due to an oversight on the moderators' part. Especially considering they can get eyeballs deep in work. If so, I would encourage other members to help out.

Make a note if you see someone make a negative remark or do something you feel hurts our capability of being SSX. I'm not saying to spy on your neighbors and report everything they do, but if someone is stomping on another person, Do something. Politely ask them to stop whatever it is they did. Record who they are so they can be dealt with specifically.

And saying that you don't want to name offenders is just as good as not saying anything at all. If we don't know who is causing a problem, we can't work with them to fix it. I don't know how to convey how much frustration I've had over people who would rather let someone get away with shit rather than possibly think of themselves as a tattle-tale.

However, if poor behaviour has gone on undealt with, and not due to just an oversight (i.e. mods turning a blind eye), bring it up with them. Let them know there is a problem. I like to think we're all capable of making mistakes :nervous: , and even more capable of fixing them and moving on :) .

Failing that, however, well.. that's why we pick someone to be the Arbiter (peers at Quiz) ;)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:44 pm

Ash
With regards to moderators, not sure
how many are currently assigned to WoW -EU,
but I have found three moderators work well.

To share the load, chances are good one is online or about to log in,
and if a mod gets too personally involved in a disagreement,
then they take a step back and the other 2 deal with it.

;)

PS apologies for absence...work related and spent my free time playing NWN2.
Ash
The quiet one in the corner

equal

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:54 pm

Riccko
Fix your attitude or get out"
Its not friendly and your not being treated as an equal

i would never say that to anyone
but the negative parts should be pointed out and handled...

i agree. lets sort it out in a manner that wont lead to abuse or people being uncivilised. Adultly
I am of the opinion that my life belongs to this community, and as long as I live it is my privilege to do for it whatever I can.

Return to “=EU= World of Warcraft- Outland”