Possibly A Little Premature but....

The call for a hero has sounded. Will it be you?

Moderator: Global Moderators

Possibly A Little Premature but....

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:59 am

Anubis
Site Admin
I have a feeling that the GW group is going to be big, and the first few weeks of a game's life can sometimes be the best for recruiting, so I thought I'd throw this offer out now, so if people want to take me up on it I can get it done soon so that you have a place to direct possible recruits :)

I am of course talking about a group website. I'll build and maintain it for you if you want to take me up on the offer. All I need is a confirmation of whether you want me to build a site or not, and if that answer is a yes, the following things.

1. Possible Content ideas other than a Main page, a Join page, and a Screenshots page
2. Ideas for a colour scheme (i.e. a border colour for the tables etc. I'll most likely use a black background as I have done with the other group sites)

I wont include screenshots in that list as I'll be using KJ's screenshot manager and you can add any shots you take to that as you get them, and the Members list I can take from the Roll Call thread.

Anyway, post here to let me know whether you want a site or not :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:07 am

Serberus
I dont think its premature at all, after playing yesterday. The amount of people playing OMG lol it was to put it blankly (please excuse the french) <censored> MAD. people everywhere so if we can get a site up fast etc we should be able to grab a few mroe people we may see SSX grow a lot then again maybe not but we shall see.

As for the page im happy if you will set up the site. We should probably set it up a little similar to prehaps the NC2 one with KOS lists etc as well as prehaps a SSX|player name page so people can know who is who. As for the colour scheme im not sure i havnt played the game enough but i know that it isnt a game that you can really set a particular theme. (Black background is probably the best one as youve mentioned)

i suppose i could have more ideas but id be hogging the fun plus im going back to playing gw. good gameing.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:54 am

M.Steiner
That'd be great of you Anny, i'd try one myself but i haven't finished working on the WoW one yet, got a little side tracked with some other website stuff ive been doing. :lol:

Pages & links:

Link to Exiles frontpage,
About Exiles,
Join details,
Forum link,
GW Forum link,
Members list,
Screenshots,
Useful links,
KOS page for when we may need it - more for listing allies,

If you could add a gw section to coranto anny we can post our gw news on the homepage too. =)

Colours.. hmm. Black, gold, maybe a bit of white too - I think would be a good colour scheme for GW.

~If you would like me to have a go at a banner for page just lemme know what dimensions it needs to be and i'll see if i can make a decent one. :)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:19 pm

Inquisitor
Don't we have that handy dandy template?
No signature

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:32 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
I think this may be the first site where I will dedicate a page to Members instead of a part of the nav menu. Mainly because I think the GW group is going to be so big it will simply make the Nav Menu too large.

I'll create a GW section of Coranto in a few minutes. Good ideas so far :) If anyone has any others post them here and I'll take a look at them. Going to start work now......hopefully will have a redirect to the forum up temporarily in a few minutes. I'll keep you posted :)

EDIT - Guildwars section to Coranto now up and running :thumb:
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:17 pm

Inquisitor
Ah :)
No signature

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:36 pm

M.Steiner
Banner completed. :thumb:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:03 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
The site is now up and running. You can all find it at http://www.shatteredstar.org/ssx/groups/guildwars/

When recruiting you can simply direct people to http://www.shatteredstar.org/ssx/guildwars/ if you think it'd be easier for them to remember, there is a redirect there that will send them to the site :)

Many thanks go to MS for creating the banner. If you still have ideas for the site feel free to post them here, just because its finished doesnt mean we can't add new pages and content :thumb:
Last edited by Anubis on Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:07 pm

M.Steiner
Anubis wrote:When recruiting you can simply direct people to http://www.shatteredstar.org/ssx/Guildwars/ if you think it'd be easier for them to remember
We can actually link them to http://www.shatteredstar.org/guildwars as its shorter. ;)

[edit]
Last edited by M.Steiner on Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:22 pm

Inquisitor
we'll fix that ;)
No signature

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:46 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Updated my links, only lowercase now works.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 1:20 am

Serberus
I had a thought. This is probably something we do on main SSX site but it depends. I know you can look at people profiles but that involve looking at each person individualy and takes a little time.

So why dont we put peoples GMT times on the site so people know when other people are likley to be playing. Cos i know most of you are UK/Americans which is a pain sometimes seeing as im Australian :lol:

Return to “Guild Wars”