Quests resetting

The call for a hero has sounded. Will it be you?

Moderator: Global Moderators

Quests resetting

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 5:05 am

Inquisitor
If you ASK an NPC abotu a quest other than the one youare pursuing, it resets your progress.

I had led a supply column alllllllllll the way back to Piken's Square then stupidly asked another NPC something.

The supply column reset it's position.

Annnoooooooying.
No signature

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 6:40 am

Padishar
WHOA :eek: never knew that! THX for being the guinnea pig on that one.... er letting us know about that :sweat:

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 7:58 am

firedancer
???? never had that problem and i allways doing about 10 quests at the same time???

press "L", than you see all your quests you have taken. when you take a new quest, that one becomes the active quest. but you can allways select an old one, and all your achievments are back, including the nice green arrow on the map which gives the direction.

did you try this, and it really did not solve your problem?

the only thing i dislike is that the quests item, start to fill up your inventory, and i accidentely deleted important quests item. i have not yet figured out how the reload a deleted quest item.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 9:41 am

Serberus
I think your problem is that you have to lead the caravan there. BUT if you go thru portal to talk to NPC b4 caravan registers its there it resets (disvoered this several times myself :sweat: )

So wait till the caravan guys say something like thankyou for bringing us back blah blah blah etc, and then walk in to talk to NPCs.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 12:21 pm

Inquisitor
Yah, I know about L.

Happened to me twice, once with the caravan, once with a quest from the master ranger (or rather after I initiated dialog with him on a different quest), both reset themselves.

Just need to make sure I finish what I start if I am nearly done :)

the 2 times it has happened, the NPC I talked to was out in the world, and of the "follow me" variety, so, I think one "follow" me cancels the other. Which kinda makes sense :)

Just be careful :)
No signature

Return to “Guild Wars”