So, I tried PvP

The call for a hero has sounded. Will it be you?

Moderator: Global Moderators

So, I tried PvP

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 3:08 am

Inquisitor
Because even though I don't like the idea of MMO PvP, I wanted to be informed.

There is a random team creator arean in Yak's Bend.

We lost, but I managed to kill someone else :)

It's not as reprehensible as I was afraid it might be.
No signature

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 8:06 am

M.Steiner
If its the place i'm thinking of, if you're already in a team when you start it you can do it with the people in your current group rather than getting a totally random one too. QD and I teamed together in there once a while ago. :)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 9:38 am

firedancer
it is cool that they have lvl limits in each arena. so you dont have to be afraid of getting ganked by a lvl 20 which wants to increase his ego.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 5:06 pm

The Baron
It's pretty damned good.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 3:17 pm

Inquisitor
We'll see.

I'll need build suggestions, though, and I think my role playing PvE character might be gimped for PvP. So if anyone thinks I can do anything useful with this profession choice, lemme know.
No signature

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 3:51 pm

firedancer
you are R/N,

so i think this could be quite a good build. i love rangers due to their power of pinning down, cripling, poisioning, and especially to lay traps.

so i think they are very strong from preventing someone to run away from attacking warriors. and also traps can do a lot of damage to an attacking oponent.

and if you can use the necro skills to heal yourself via health drain, you probably can become independent from monks and are a very strong source acting in the back, overviewing the battle.

---> i would focus on poison and health drain, as both are not so easy the heal, and are the killer for warriors.

but this is just a suggestion

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 4:09 pm

Inquisitor
That's not too different from how I have it set up now.

When I tried PvP, I kept my pet, but replaced the animate dead with another necro debuff.

For PvE, i have been running something along the lines of the following:

Hunter's Shot (bleeding), Ignite Arrows (fire), and Power Shot, Comfort (heal pet, not sure what it's called), Charm Animal (so I can keep fluffy around)

Animate Dead (level 4 bone warrior, emergency help for linked mobs), Life Siphon (health drain and restore to me) and an AOE curse which drains health from multiple enemies (forgot the name).

I usually ignite, then hunters, then the aoe curse, then alternate between hunters and hte power shot (tried to pick skills with low magic utilization).

If fluffy is not a good PvP choice, then I would replace the 2 slots with something that would pin (I have one) and maybe Distraction?

And replace animate dead with another debuff, but I haven't figured out which one seems appropriate.

for armor, I had a full set of drakenscale, but just last night bought Druid boots and gloves. I had a bow that gave me +5 energy, but fire gave me a bow that does twice the damage, so I opted for that instead now that my skill is up enough to use it.
No signature

Return to “Guild Wars”