Tip: Mesmer vs. Mirror

The call for a hero has sounded. Will it be you?

Moderator: Global Moderators

Tip: Mesmer vs. Mirror

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 2:53 pm

Futile Resistance
Equip Backfire + Empathy.
Equip non-healing + non-damaging spells.
Cast Backfire + Empathy onto mirror self.
Win in 10 seconds.
:thumb:

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 5:01 pm

SSX-Killjoy
haahaha.. so basically you make the character attack itself without ever hurting you (due ot Backfire). Ingenious..
================================
I will be forever Shattered Star, but only as an
EXILE can I find peace in this lifetime.
================================

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 8:08 pm

Padishar
VERY nice :thumb:

Here is the Combo I used:
Life Siphon/Phantom Illusion + Hex breaker.

Lead with Hex Breaker (on yourself) then cast LifeSiphon and Phantom on Mirror, keep chain casting Hex breaker on yourself. Mirror Insta dies from -8 life arrows and from taking 50 damage each time it tries to cast Siphon or Phantom on you (and that is the only thing it can cast on you as that is all you equip ;D ).

Mirror doesn't seem to understand the concept of Hex Breaker so kills itself, while you remain at full health :cool:

-Skills-
Life Siphon gives enemy -3 life arrows and you +3 for 20 secs; Phantom gives enemy -5 life arrows for 10secs; Hex breaker is a self protection spell that blocks hexs from being cast on you and enemy takes X amount of damage each time they try and cast a hex on you.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 8:30 pm

Padishar
BTW, Mirror seems to get a random weapon, as mine used a Bow and was raining arrows down on meh.... and I neither own a bow or have any skill with one :weird: If I had known that ahead of time I prob would have brought along a spell that makes them take damage each time it attacks(just to kill the mirror even faster :lol: )

Weapons...

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 10:58 pm

Kaos
Think he gets a bow and a sword, depends on how far away you are lol. My only tip was with warrior, just all ut attack lol, and hope he dies first ;)....strange, did the same with my ele....lol....think my tactics are limited.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 5:04 pm

firedancer
i had some serios toubles with my first char W/E. as at the time i ascended (2 days after game release), there were only about 4 ppl in augury and no one had any idea that one has to beat the mirror self.

so it took me about 15 tries to realize that he has the same skills as i do. then most of the time we casted your ward of melees, and ward against foes and swinged our swords/ axes in empty air, and each time i was running out of his ward, he switched to bow and killed me.
(he has different weapons which he can switch depending on range)

i was pretty frustrated but finally it worked within a 8 min battle.
only after someone told me to drop healing spells and i killed him in 10 sec. lol

Return to “Guild Wars”