E3 2005 Guild Tournement

The call for a hero has sounded. Will it be you?

Moderator: Global Moderators

E3 2005 Guild Tournement

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 10:45 pm

Padishar
Check it out: Here

No team beat the Dev's..... Either they lost or tied, but noone beat them.

Below is the list of the templates the Dev team used during the tourney:

Morning Group

Protection Monk 14 Divine, 14 Protection
Reversal of Fortune, Shielding Hands, Mend Ailment, Remove Hex, Convert Hex, Martyr, Aegis, Signet of Devotion
Superior Vigor, Major Divine, Minor Protection

DW Healer Prebuild
Minor Vigor, Minor Healing, Minor Divine

Fi Healer Prebuild (Switched out for Other healing builds all most every match)
Minor vigor, Minor Healing, Minor Divine

Warrior/Monk 12+4 Sword, 8+2 Str, 10 Smite
Hamstring, Galrath Slash, Final Thrust, Signet of Judgment, Symbol of Wrath, Sprint, Resurrect,, Purge Signet
Equipment: Major Vigor, Superior Sword, Major Strength, Major Absorption

Abominable Snowman Prebuild (No runes)

Warrior Monk 12+4 Axe, 8 +1 Strength, 10 Smite
Dismember, Executioners Strike, Penetrating Blow, Disrupting Chop, Rush, Purge Signet, Strength Of Honor, Holy Wrath
Equipment: Superior Axe, Superior Absorption, Superior Vigor, Minor Strength

Minor Master Prebuild Swapped ether feast for Res Signet, swapped Death Nova for Vile Touch
Equipment: Superior Death, Minor Vigor, Minor Soul reaping

Mesmer/Monk 12+3 Domination, 12 Fast casting, 3 healing
Backfire, Power Leak, Shame, Shatter Enchantment, Empathy, Energy Burn, Chaos Storm, Restore Life
Equipment: Minor Vigor, Major Domination

Afternoon Group

Protection Monk 14 Divine, 14 Protection
Reversal of Fortune, Shielding Hands, Mend Ailment, Remove Hex, Convert Hex, Martyr, Aegis, Signet of Devotion
Superior Vigor, Major Divine, Minor Protection

DW Healer Prebuild
Minor Vigor, Minor Healer, Minor Divine

Healing Monk
Word of Healing, Dwaynas Kiss, Vigorous Spirit, Healing Touch, Orison of Healing, Sprint, Resurrect, Aegis
Equipment: Minor Vigor, Minor Healing, Minor Divine

Warrior/Monk 12+4 Sword, 8+2 Str, 10 Smite
Hamstring, Galrath Slash, Final Thrust, Signet of Judgment, Symbol of Wrath, Sprint, Resurrect,, Purge Signet
Equipment: Major Vigor, Superior Sword, Major Strength, Major Absorption

Abominable Snowman Prebuild (No runes)

Warriors Bane Prebuild (No Runes)
Swapped Ether Feast for Res Signet

Ice Necro 12+1 Ice, 10 Energy storage, 8 Curses
Water Trident, Ice Spikes, Shatter Storm, Glyph of Lesser Energy, Maelstrom, Rend Enchantments, Rigger Mortis, Water Attunement
Equipment: Minor Vigor

Mesmer/Monk 12+1 Domination, 12 Fast casting, 3 healing
Backfire, Power Leak, Shame, Shatter Enchantment, Shatter Delusions,
Energy Burn, Chaos Storm, Restore Life
Equipment: Minor Vigor

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 10:49 pm

Padishar
They have nuff healers? Remember these are the people that MADE the game.
First group 6 out of 8 are monks and 2nd group 5 of 8 are monks...... Kinda makes you think the monk class may be a lil over powered or a crutch at the least? :weird:

Perhaps they should implement more non-monk cross profession skill/spell combo's that benefit each other to offset this?

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 4:40 am

Futile Resistance
Yea, if you want to "always win", then having lots of monks is a must. It's the way the game allows all skills from subjob and the fact that your subjob skills doesn't take a "penalty" (like FFXI) is what allows most "monk" players to be overpowered.

Hmm

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 8:20 am

Kaos
Those warrior monks are smiters, not healers, so youre straight away losing two "healers" in fact they had no real self heal, not even stereotyped mending, so youre talking maybe 3 designated healers, one of which was protection/buff if i remember rightly? So its not just stereotypically healing monks, they just have good damage buffs and all sorts. So work well, Ive heard of similar builds before, they probably let the healers heal, a few spells flying around, then the warriors keep themselves buffed up, and one monk keeps the hexes down (which cause hell for warriors). So no doubt theyre probably not what you think to be honest. I like the build cos im a big warrior fan and i go down the smiting route for pvp, and healing for pve :P, very surprised noone beat them though, also, whats a rune of absorbtion? Ive never heard of it, and most of them seem to have it? im assuming its some sort of "take damage get health" rune? If so I want it lol.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 12:09 pm

firedancer
very interesting build. but there are only two healers, and one protection monk. all the other monks can not heal at all. (so not that stupid Paladin W/Mo one finds in all low lvl pvp).

i think it is important that a lot of other players can rez, and not only the healers. because as a healer you should hardly rez (each time i rez with my healer, another player dies. so rez should be performed by the no healing monks. i think this is one reason there are so many secondary monks)

however, there are hardly any Elementals (except the Ice man, and he is speciallized on water!!!!!). i think it shows that the standard fire elemental is great in pve, where the monsters stay in hordes at the same place, while in pvp they are a bit weak (nothing easier than running out of a firestorm).

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 6:06 pm

Futile Resistance
Yea, the standard fire Elem template only allows Phoenix / Inferno, and those are close range AoE, thus if an enemy War sees it, he'll immediately move out of your range.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 9:39 pm

Padishar
Oops, I shouldn't have used the word healers.
I think of the Profession of Monk the same as Healer as it is called in other games... didn't mean it as them healing others, but simply as the use of the Monk/Healer/Priest class in general....

Monks have Smiting, Protection, Divine and Healing powers...... So could me a mix of different things.
The Dev's reliance so heavily on the MONK class in general, has me wondering that it is a wee bit overpowered ;D

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 12:30 am

Serberus
Yea i have to admit monks are just a wee bit to good. I was in a group of only monks the other day and the only way that the other team could even damage us was the fact that. a) half the monks in our team sucked ass b) they had 3 warriors so could deal lots of dmg.

Thing is if youve got 8 monks or whatever its nearly impossbile to keep people dead as theyll get ressed damn fast. Also there is the fact that you do dmg its instantly fixed. Im not sure if its an issue or not but i think it may be prehaps a little imbalanced.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 6:34 pm

Futile Resistance
I'm sure if the other team (after playing you guys once and loosing) realized the massive monk power, they'd respec and bring in anti heal / cast spells (if they were given a chance for rematch).

Return to “Guild Wars”