PvP training MUST READ THIS (read it i tell you)

The call for a hero has sounded. Will it be you?

Moderator: Global Moderators

PvP training MUST READ THIS (read it i tell you)

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 12:30 pm

Serberus
Hey guys, Pad and i were talking bout prehaps getting some PvP stuff going in guild. We are hopeing to try and get a regualr time that all ascended people can be on. So i was wondering if we play at like 12:30 - 1:00 am GMT. (i hope i got that right and im not asking people to play at like 4 am) :sweat:

If all those ascended are able to play thatd be awsome. If not then thats life. We just think that we should get some more PvP xp. I think these times should work as its about i dunno 8ish US time 2 or hours either way or whatever so not to bad. Its about 9 or 10 in the morning my time so im hopeing that ive got things bout right.

I hope to see you all on. Oh and install TS its worth it. (i still need to get a mic, and was regreting it today as was getting writers cramp from talking to much to the TS guys) :lol:

I think we really should start doing some of this getting times etc going so were all on at once. By end week im thinking we should have 25+ members so with any luck our plaayer base will start to grow well enough to make PvP easier.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 1:22 pm

firedancer
great idea. we really shoud do this. i will defenitely join. (i would not mind an hour earlier as it is 2 am at my place, but i hope to survive it.)

i did allready a lot of pvp in lions arch in the random arena. but i am looking forward for some nice team mates.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 1:53 pm

zero506132
fully agree

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 4:20 pm

The Baron
I'd rather have some help getting ascended first. :P

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 4:23 pm

Inquisitor
You need to play to get help :)

I'll give the PvP thing a shot, just not all the excited about it.
No signature

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 6:04 pm

Futile Resistance
My Monk's at LA atm. Gonna try to plow through and reach ascension ASAP.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 11:53 pm

Padishar
Thanks for taking the initiative and posting this Serb :cool:

Ahead of time I would like to say that if you havn't participated much in PvP yet, that it is a different style of play. You use different skills then in PvE and you may find yourself better/worse at it then you first think. Don't judge 2 harshly as that is what practice is for. To learn, adapt and eventually conquer ;D

Sooner we get started, the sooner we can carve a name for ourselves on the battlefield.
Last edited by Padishar on Sun May 29, 2005 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 4:22 am

Padishar
Serb, Firedancer and I spent a few hours tonight PvPing :thumb:

Loads of fun and I hope more can join us in the mayheim soon :cool:

Im up for that

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 1:03 pm

Kaos
obviously wont be able to make it every time, but thats good for me, i love the PVP, makes the game worthwhile :P count me in

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 3:47 pm

Serberus
Ive played a fair bit of PvP and you will find that the guild win 80% of the time as they often work together and are experienced. I tried doing some random stuff, but only time that has ever worked was when i was with 4 people i knew and worked with regulaly.

To have a chance in PvP we really need to try to get everyone on at once (at least 8 of us) this means that we have a full SSX team. ALso if all of you can install TS thatll rock as it makes life easier. Once we have a regular team that can compete we should be able to start winning HoH more often.

Im not sure how many people are ascended but i think that we should start to try getting people out of LA and into HoH as fast as possible. Once weve done some HoH we can start doing some guild battles. I may be able to arrange a few fights with one of the no. 1 guilds "the valandor" which would be good as they can probably show us some good strats etc.

Ive been thinking bout what we roughly want our group build up to be for a HoH (althought it really doesnt matter to much) I was thinking a group with 3 monks, 2 warriors, 1 elem or mes, 1 ranger or 1 necro would work quite well. Any ideas on a good group build would be nice.

Im trying to think of a second good GMT time to meet up for PvP. 12 am GMT is about 10 in the morning for me and night time for US. So if we can make a morning US time as well thatd rock. Im to tired atm to work one out but maybe just the opposite of 12 pm maybe 10pm GMT would work.

Anyways looking forward to working the HoH with SSX.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 6:37 pm

Futile Resistance
On the weekdays, I'm gonna be in class from 5PM to 8PM EST (10PM GMT to 1AM GMT) :| But for weekends any schedule would probably work.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 1:24 pm

Serberus
Today pad and i joined up witha group of people from various guilds. These guys were insane. They new so much about PvP and it alowed Pad and i to learn a lot of things about PvP and the builds. They were also all on TS which was awsome. Im hopeing that we can get a few people like this into guild but that will be hard.

So if we can practise our PvP a bit more im really hopeing we can get to this sort of level and beyond. I havent seen many people on at all recently which is a shame. If people can be more active in game thatd be really cool. Of course it depends on your schedual but if we can get things going it should be awsome.

Well...

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 6:13 pm

Kaos
Anyway as we know Ive been inactive but tomorrow should hopfully get my nice 1mb line put in yay. so will be on as of tomorrow i really hope. I call being one of the warriors if thats the build we take ;). I liked one of the devs builds, which would be nice with aa little tweaking maybe. The smiting line seems so good for warriors, with extra damage with each attack and damage per seconds, its good. But erm, I'd change their skills to more addrenaline based skills. So thats the sort of build I'd like to take. Erm, Anything from midnight (12am) GMT is probably best for me cos its right when i'd be settling down for the night, ie: not at work or at a pub lol. erm, dont know much about other times, i mean, fire is on near enough same time zone, one hour off, so she might not be able to make this time i guess, os im weird and sleepless. Weekend is probably gonna be our best time in general, because its better for everyone, and remember we need at least a few hours to work it? you know? pointless going to HoH or GvG and fighting for all of half an hour then calling it a day, because a single stage could take more than that. Dunno, think our best activity is going to be on a weekend... though im willing to play late night / early morning GMT, ie: from 10pm onwards.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 9:34 pm

Padishar
WOW those guys must drink, eat and crap GW PvP non-stop :eek: Last night had to be one of the most informative PvP experiences since starting this game. And damn was it fun, I stayed up WAAAAY to late.

Most things learned can't be shared here until we get a member only strat forum, as how we develop our own strats should be personal.

A main thing that last night made me realize, is to unlock as many skills as possible with as many classes as possible. Versatility is a BIG deal! People need to fill certain rolls, able to change strategies at the drop of the hat, and allow us to make different 'theme' oriented setups to be able to counter certain types of groups.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:00 am

Serberus
I might just point out that the 12 gmt is an everyday thing so that we can catch as many people as we can. If people arnt available thats fine but if everyone is on at the same time that means that we can possibly get a full team together.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:26 pm

Inquisitor
I was confused :)
No signature

Return to “Guild Wars”