Revolution: Think about a guild merge

The call for a hero has sounded. Will it be you?

Moderator: Global Moderators

Revolution: Think about a guild merge

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:15 pm

firedancer
here is a bit a revolutinary thought and i hope nobody will be offended by the following. but it seems currently, that we have a serious problems in getting enough people interested in PvP. on one hand, we allways have problems with time zone. on the other hand, i know that some people are really intersted in good pvp. that involves serberus, pad, me, erica, Kaos.

i think this is not a unique problem of our guild, but probably of many guilds around. so here is a the heretic proposal:

why do we not try to find another guild with the same problem and simply merge the two guilds.

Pos:

- we will have a much larger player base, and the important condition is
that afterwards we can do PvP as a guild.
- we will meet new people, and have new exchanges
- we may can keep kaos in our guild

Neg:

- we may pick up a lot of people, which we would never allow in our own
guild.
- we may loose our beautiful cape and name
- we loose our ability to decide all decisions about the guild.

but think about this propsal. the guild may is dying due to lack of pvp activity, and before this happens i would really

and here the most important question: does any one know a good, friendly guild with which we could merge?

Edited: i would like to add a comment which was maybe not clear from the begining. for me it would be fundamental, that the other guild is a guild like ours with friendly people respecting each other, and have a similar understanding from friendship. such that of order of 80 % of the members of the other guild could be members of SSX with the standard vouching policy. I do not want just merge any guild for doing pvp.
Last edited by firedancer on Fri Jun 10, 2005 5:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:23 pm

Serberus
Ive been thinking about that as well to tell the truth. Im forever trying to Abhorash (a freind) to join his guild with ours as they are all good people...or mostly anyways. Problem is that most guilds have two reason not to join us.

Most guild leaders want to be...leader, which goes against one of the principles of SSX (everyone being same rank)

A few guilds have a theme which they want to keep.

Those two sort of make problems for us but its a good idea nontheless and one that we should consider carefully.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:28 pm

Inquisitor
- we may pick up a lot of people, which we would never allow in our own guild.
Pass. Those are the two reasons why I do NOT play games with other groups.

If it's that hard to get new people, or to get PvP at that level, and it is necessary to the enjoyment of the game, I would much prefer if people just disbanded the guild and joined one that made the game fun for them.

Before dsibanding, I would MUCH rather see someone take charge and recruit. We made lots of officers to facilitate that ;) Shouldn't be too tough to recruit people interested in PvP, since it seems that is the point of hte game to many people. We have a Guild Hall and cape, and an apparent desire by a small cadre of folks to play PvP. The guild's not huge, so, I don't see why it should be any different from any guild that just started in terms of recruiting.

I am personally uninterested in "merging," ever.
No signature

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 3:45 am

BlackDove
Merging is trouble forever.

My advice is, never ever do that.

Re: Revolution: Think about a guild merge

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:17 am

M.Steiner
firedancer wrote: - we may pick up a lot of people, which we would never allow in our own
guild.
- we may loose our beautiful cape and name
Which would basically mean that it wasn't really SSX anymore tbh.

If another guild "merges" with you then it should be for them to become part of SSX, they should have to all pass the recruiting bit and they should go by any SSX rules if & when they do join, just like anyone else would. Anyone that isn't "SSX material" simply shouldn't be recruited at all, you also shouldn't have to change your guild cape OR name to suit them. That would just be wrong.

Imo thats the only way any type of merge should be done, if at all. Like how myself, riccko & cyma originally became part of the SSC (as we were at the time). It was only the 3 of us that merged as it was only the 3 of us that were really "SSC material" plus we all wanted to stick together as we enjoyed gaming together, the rest of my clan disbanded and went their seperate ways.
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 6:29 am

Futile Resistance
On the NC clan part, never knew about that MS :sweat:

I also agree that US merging with THEM is a... Well, not really sure how to say but, I'm against the move. As to recruiting, if you ever go hours after hours of partying with someone you find friendly, ask them if they're interested in joining. Add them to the friends list and follow up on how they're doing in the game later on, even if they initially decline. And if worst comes to worst... Could always start helping noobs in the Pre-Searing area, and if we find them to be friendly and all, give them an invite. Nothing wrong with having "noobs" to the game in the guild, so long as they're agreeable noobs :thumb:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:33 pm

Fenavian
I may be sound a bit harsh here in this post so i apologize in advance.

But.. WTF?! I mean why is it when ever we have a smal problem or two, people seem to think it can be solved by merging into a bigger guild or by leaving to join a bigger guild? What about all the money and time we put into each other and OUR guild? What could possibly be solved by merging into another guild?

If I wanted to play with a bigger guild I would of stuck with Warrior Nation, since I play a few games with them allready. But I didn't cause I wanted to play with you guys.

:smack:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:30 am

=BTM=
Im always interested in PvP, so feel free to call me :p

tho for me PvP aint making the game for me...

when it comes to PvP I prefer Conquer Online :p
Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big old storm right in the eye and says, "Give me your best shot. I can take it."
-Jack Burton

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:33 pm

Inquisitor
Sounds like the recent additions may have made this less an issue.
No signature

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:45 pm

Serberus
Well....effectivly the new additions were a guild merger. I happened to know the Zeramon from when guild wars started and pad and i had had some time to know him. So we made him an officer and he invited some old guildies.

I have no reason to see why this is a bad thing and so far all is turning out well and i suppose if we find that some of them are bad eggs then we can kick em.

I dont see that happening however.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:10 pm

Inquisitor
I have faith we'll all do the right thing ;)
No signature

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:34 pm

firedancer
yep, i think this topic has become obsolete.

for me it is a nice experience to see how much people care about SSX. (and the critics was in no way harsh).

so i think it is time to close the topic (i leave it now open for some days if any one thinks there is something very important to say, and then i will close it.)

Return to “Guild Wars”