The course of my life (next few months)

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

The course of my life (next few months)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:46 am

jozef
Hey peeps. I'm starting the process of building my own home. I am the general contractor so I will be SIDETRACKED for quite some time. I hope to be on as much as possible (at least in TG). I can't imagine being much of a contribution to the guild for a little while. So take care and give me a shout sometime.

my msn is middleman@hotmail.com

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:21 pm

LIGHTNING
No problem Jo. You know me, and I have mentioned this time and time again.

Your real life is more important right now, more than the game. I'm sure all, and the rest of the SSX will agree with me on this.

Also, you've allready mentioned this to me, but I must say again, Congratulations on your new home. :thumb:

I wish you well, and I hope you and your wife will enjoy your new, and future home.

Don't forget to take pics, of the house warming party ;)

I'd come if I was invited, and if it was convenient, but my prayers are with you on your new future home.
I always believed that the core of what made SSC great in the past, is here in the present and future of the SSX.
- LIGHTNING (September 22, 2005)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:24 am

jhnrx
Gud Luck !!! :cool:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:36 pm

Futile Resistance
Wow, custom made homes are always the best :D Just be sure to be patient and expect lots of hurdles (and delays). But at the end you'll have one heck of a wired up modern house :thumb:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:59 am

jozef
Hey checking in...

I've been helping a friend through his building process since October. We have both done the shopping and dealing with different people (mainly his wife :p ). So far it's all good. I hope it stays that way. With this experience I'm hoping for no surprises.

I'm doing all of my own wiring. I enjoy wiring stuff up. For low voltage I'm pulling 2 drops in each room (each drop will have 2 RG6 for cable/satellite and 2 CAT5 for network/phones). They will all home run to a main structured media center in my basement where everything will be connected/distrbuted. I'm also going ahead with the security wiring. All of this is about $1,000 investment and increases the house value by $5,000.

Also, on the plumbing I'm going with the newer pex pipe instead of copper or pvc. It's basically a flexible tube straight from the distributor manifold to the drop. Since it's flexible you don't have to make any joints in it.

If you're familiar with any of this I'm open to advice.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:18 am

jozef
here are my house plans: EDIT: oops trouble w/ the images...

Last edited by jozef on Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:42 am, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:22 am

polosatik
:smack: only general idea of what dis mean.. but at least i got the main thing.. that house is totally building =D to which i GRATS much u :thumb: hop u 2 enjoy new house soon enough and the best part of course too.. ;D decoring the place ^__^ (as i alredy mentioned when we chated for bit).. :D and of course come back visit soon ! contribution or no contribution - its always great to see a friend :D

P.S... aawww =D house looks beautiful!
Last edited by polosatik on Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:45 am

jozef
sry for the mess with my images :smack:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:59 am

LIGHTNING
That looks like an awesome plan for your house. It's really great. I'm looking forward to when its built. Congrats to ya btw.

Perhaps, I should post this in General.
I always believed that the core of what made SSC great in the past, is here in the present and future of the SSX.
- LIGHTNING (September 22, 2005)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:49 am

BladeX
Nice looking Cape Cod style house :). Networking throughout the house is going to be pretty sweet.

Random stuff from what I saw in the plans (haven't read through house plans in a few years hehe):

That double walk-in closet is huge! I love it! The master bathroom looks nice as well. Is that a jacuzzi tub with a step up to it and a window behind it? Nice. The kitchen looks really easy to work in, although I'm wondering why the kitchen/great room wall extends slightly past the raised bar section of the kitchen counter when that counter goes on the diagonal? I would have figured the wall would have ended at the start of that diagonal. Did that even make any sense? lol.
Currently Playing(not 100% accurate): Guitar Hero, Guitar Hero 2 demo, MGS3, Shadow of the Colossus. (apparently I'm having a PS2 month)
- MK: DS Friend code: 085.959.387.092
- AC: WW Friend code: 4596-2704-9968, name: David, Town: Aspen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:35 am

BlackDove
Down to the street lamp.

Impressive.

What's the price tag?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:39 am

Futile Resistance
That looks so good it makes me want to buy it! :thumb:

Real estate, real estate, real estate... Time to start investing... :nervous:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:37 pm

Gryphon
All I can say is :thumb:

Top dollar bud, top frikkin dollar :D
ESO - EU - Ebonheart
Jalfrezi - Khajit DK/Destro
Peeks-Through-Windows - Argonian Templar/Resto

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:56 pm

Ambush
sweet :thumb:
"Ambush, You Have deceived us! I'm gonna hunt you and your ship to the ends of the universe!" --SSC-Fahd "Ham Chronicles"

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:07 am

jozef
Thanks for the comments. I'm currently reworking the master suite to accomodate a stairway for a bonus room above the garage. That's where all my gaming action and cigar smoking will take place.

There is also a full unfinished basement. I plan on using it for storage, a woodworking area, and of course there's room to do custom work on motorcycles.

The kitchen wall does end where the bar begins to diagnal.

Price tag for this with property is $130k. That is cheap here. You've got to remember that I am best friends with property owner. My brother is a liscensed heat/air guy. I am doing all wiring. And I've found out some cheap ways to make the best money from the design. The house appriased for $197k on paper. There is great room for realty value increase as the new community develops.

I'll be sure to keep you posted (and keep the pics coming).

Ground breaking is scheduled for Monday.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:49 am

BladeX
jozef wrote:Thanks for the comments. I'm currently reworking the master suite to accomodate a stairway for a bonus room above the garage. That's where all my gaming action and cigar smoking will take place.

There is also a full unfinished basement. I plan on using it for storage, a woodworking area, and of course there's room to do custom work on motorcycles.

The kitchen wall does end where the bar begins to diagnal.

Price tag for this with property is $130k. That is cheap here. You've got to remember that I am best friends with property owner. My brother is a liscensed heat/air guy. I am doing all wiring. And I've found out some cheap ways to make the best money from the design. The house appriased for $197k on paper. There is great room for realty value increase as the new community develops.

I'll be sure to keep you posted (and keep the pics coming).

Ground breaking is scheduled for Monday.
Ya, I actually just noticed now that it was kind of a rough line of where the wall is since it extends down as well. My bad lol. Also, that price would be really cheap here, Wow.
Currently Playing(not 100% accurate): Guitar Hero, Guitar Hero 2 demo, MGS3, Shadow of the Colossus. (apparently I'm having a PS2 month)
- MK: DS Friend code: 085.959.387.092
- AC: WW Friend code: 4596-2704-9968, name: David, Town: Aspen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:07 pm

Futile Resistance
jozef wrote: Price tag for this with property is $130k.
Wow. That's cheap. Houses where I live are at a minimum of 250k (and those are smaller than yours).

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:30 pm

jozef
Hey everyone. Sorry I've not kept you updated as promised. I have trouble with pictures on our forums because they are hosted at msn groups. Follow this link for a full update on the house:

http://www.xentales.com/viewtopic.php?t=41111

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:33 pm

Plovske
nice! it already looks like a house :D
enjoy!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:01 pm

Futile Resistance
Wow, that's alot of trees you've got near you (or is it just really tall grass).

Looks like a nice location with a nice breeze :thumb:

Return to “General Discussions”