Gone For The Weekend

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Gone For The Weekend

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:48 pm

LIGHTNING
I'm gone tommorow, all the way to the 9th.

Going to Virginia to check out the beach. Methinks its called "Virginia Beach" (I'm a Canuck, and I'm not sure of the name. Family have a wierd of way of planning things, and letting me know on the day-of or the the day-before.)

So sorry I'm not 130 yet, but, Hopefully, and I know you guys can manage without me.

BTM and Jozef you 2 in charge. (Alphabetical, so no favouritism :p )
I always believed that the core of what made SSC great in the past, is here in the present and future of the SSX.
- LIGHTNING (September 22, 2005)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:18 am

Svarog
miss you ^-^ have a gud time!
Frag the Weak, Hurdle the Dead!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:05 am

LIGHTNING
Well, me and my family are now here, safe and sound in Virginia Beach. Will be checking out the beach, and maybe try a little crabbing/crab fishing.

Anyway, this is just a little update.
I always believed that the core of what made SSC great in the past, is here in the present and future of the SSX.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:43 pm

=BTM=
have a blast bud, and dont let those crabs get your toes ;p
Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big old storm right in the eye and says, "Give me your best shot. I can take it."
-Jack Burton

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:40 am

Stracius
Tsk, you shoulda put this up in general Lightning :p . Sorry I didn't catch this thread earlier, but have a fun and safe trip/vacation anyway! Guess it's my own fault for being lazy this weekend about reading the forums :sweat:

I'll move it on over to Gen anyhow. That way you'll have no choice but to bring the rest of us souvenirs and stories ^.^ .

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:18 pm

jozef
Hey man have fun. I used to go to VB all the time. We've been going to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina for the past 8 years. I hope you get to relax and eat good food. Also, watch your toes when crab hunting. Go at 11-12PM and take a little bucket, crab net, and good flashlight. Be sure to let a few out on an elevator.

And don't worry we'll hold the fort down for ya.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:15 am

LIGHTNING
Heres the pics i promised ya.

Me sleeping on the way there:

Me, trying to navigate our way back to our friend's house so we can cook the crabs we got.

No crabs bit my toes, but i did a little crabbing, and had those yummy buggers for dinner. Yum! Yum!

Me in the middle, Person on the left is the friend we stayed with. That's my dad on the right.

Had more pics, but I just thought I'd pic the ones that I thought were my highlights.

(Couldn't find a pic of me with a crab i caught. That was fun.)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:32 am

BlackDove
Those comments are hilarious if you treat "crab" as a venerial disease.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:18 pm

SSX Fahd
Looks like you had a fun time :thumb:. How large were these crabs?
Fahd, IM Prog's: See profile, Linky: TechSnap Video Podcast
"In the computer world few people read the 'readme.txt' files. In the real
world, few people read the signs that say 'Stand on the right'
" - Fahd.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:00 am

LIGHTNING
SSX Fahd wrote:Looks like you had a fun time :thumb:. How large were these crabs?
Not big at all, about the size of my fist (about 10-15 cm in diameter)

And yes, we had a good time.

Return to “General Discussions”