Tabula Rasa closed beta

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:58 pm

Ash
Cheers MS
Ash
The quiet one in the corner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:15 pm

Futile Resistance
I've been trying it to add Pad/MS etc via the FRIENDS list... But everytime I add your name (First+Last / Last) it keeps saying "person doesn't exist".

Is the feature not enabled yet in beta?

Edit: Hehe, with Ash that should make 5+ people *hint hint* Too bad this thing ends the 18th. I want a real full time CB invite :(

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:28 pm

M.Steiner
Futile Resistance wrote:Too bad this thing ends the 18th. I want a real full time CB invite :(
Aye me too, with any luck it might turn out to be similar to the closed beta key i had for LOTRO. That was only supposed to allow access for so many sessions iirc, but when that time came it didn't actually expire. I won't get my hopes up though, i'm just happy to have got the opportunity to beta test it, if only for a matter of days.
Can't really say much ofc but on initial impressions i'd certainly consider buying this when it goes retail if i can. I shall wait and see how Conan & Spellborn turn out before i make my mind up though.

As for the friendslist, i've not tried that yet so i'm not sure dude. I'll have to try that tomorrow. :)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:22 pm

BlackDove
Well I guess we're all in for a while at any rate.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:01 pm

Futile Resistance
BlackDove wrote:Well I guess we're all in for a while at any rate.
Any game that I can enjoy with BD is good enough for me :thumb:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:23 pm

Ash
client downloaded and currently patching.
See you tommorrow.

:thumb:
Ash

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:49 pm

Ash
btw characters last name are Greyhawk

Ingame clan on Euro formed.

Shattered Star Exiles.

If you need an invite scream here or in IRC.

:thumb:
Ash

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:45 am

Futile Resistance
Following in Ash's footsteps, I've also created the SSX over on the US servers: Shattered Star Exiles.

My in game last name is: ssx99

Let me know if you need an invite!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:53 pm

Lee
spent 45 minutes on it this afternoon and got given level7 i think. barely did anything...
The times that are listed for us mere beta folk seems strange...i was on at about half 2 gmt but then the server was shut down...went so fast i have no idea if i even enjoyed it, i'll see if i can find some people or the clan when i next play...

is it a one-sided game? couldnt see if there is an opposing faction or something to pit players against each other in some way. Anywho, the game show my poor old pc's age and lacklustre performance quite well.
Eeks.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:40 pm

BlackDove
Same here, even though I did get to level 11 and really liked what I saw - I don't think I'll be playing any more until the week expires due to the fact my computer is horrible at processing it.

I am however going to be ponying up $500 for the upgrade in the next three weeks. Tabula Rasa being one and probably the primary reason for it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:27 pm

firedancer
yeah, was quite happy that lotro was running so smooth on my laptop, but with only 128 mb ram in the video card, tabula rasa does not allow me to play it on a better quality then low :(

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:24 pm

SoulSeeker
I have a 128mb gfx card and i'm running tabula rasa on low aswell,tbh i can run BF2/2142 on max detail no problems at all,but prefer to see gameplay rather than eye candy.

First impression of TR was quite good considering its still in beta,dunno if i'd buy it tho,feels a bit like Face of Mankind.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:19 pm

BlackDove
The game's quality isn't the issue for me.

I run it at the exact same pace on low or on ultra. As long as I stand still, my FPS is above 30 (smooth gameplay) with all graphical options turned on or off.

The problem is that I'm running Vista, and I only have 1gig of RAM as well as a fairly old processor, single core 3500+. Vista requires alot of resources, which is really to be expected for a new iteration of the malware you always had installed that hog system resources (XP was to 2000 what Vista is to XP)

Every time I move in the game, the processor starts churning like it's killing kittens, and my FPS goes from about 2 to not being able to move for 5 or 10 seconds while the processor is doing its catching up.

Funny, I just got the "true" invitation to the beta, one that lasts more than a week. Yipee.

I need to upgrade.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:01 pm

Ash
I'm enjoying myself an i hope tehy forget to disconnect
my account at the end of the week..

:rolleyes:
Ash

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:46 am

SoulSeeker
I'm just running 3400+ single core 1.5gb memory tho i get 60fps standing still and around 25fps when there is alot of people about.I've got no plans to upgrade tho a faster gfx card might help,running xp here.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:20 am

M.Steiner
Been playing the game on Normal detail here (Athlon 3500+, 1gig RAM, 6800 GS), i get the churning too. The game can be running relatively okay for the most part, with little stutters here and there. But then i get patches where i can be stood still for 5-10 secs at a time. I do plan to upgrade my pc as soon as i can afford to, another gig of ram will help i'm sure and i'd probably replace my single core with dual after that, but neither of those will happen for a good while...

I'm still having lots of fun (lvl 17 atm) even with the performance probs. And as i keep telling myself, i used to play Neocron on a laptop for well over a year with far worse performance than this so i'm sure i could learn to live with it until i'm able to upgrade my pc. It may even run a little better by the time it goes retail if they do any further optimizing or whatever.
Ash wrote:i hope tehy forget to disconnect
my account at the end of the week..
Me too but i won't get my hopes up. I've been waking up wanting to play the damn thing for the last few days, i'm so gonna miss playing it when that times comes lol.. Still, it's been worth it. :)

Anyway I've already decided i want to play this when it goes retail, the main problem for me will probably be the subscription fee at the end of the day.. So i'll have to see about that.. If i can play, i will be doing. :sweat:

Oh & btw have you guys seen this already? http://www.gametrailers.com/player/23481.html
Awesome ;D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:25 am

Futile Resistance
Do the pre-order let you stay in the beta for the rest of the way?

Not saying I am going to buy it... Just wondering...

I do see the point of some people on the forums mentioning "end game" concerns... Just wish I had more time to see more end game content.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:14 am

firedancer
hm, i would expect that NCsoft handles preorder the same way they did with guild wars: you can participate in some beta events, but not really the full beta, and you can access the server 3 days before the game goes retail giving you some head start.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:44 pm

M.Steiner
From what i understand, buying the pre-order pack will give you access to the rest of the closed beta yes, as well as the 3 day head start and the rest of it. You should get a new beta key that needs adding to your PlayNC account like i did when i switched my US key for a EU one, which will mean starting new characters as well unless there's a way to keep them. :)

[Edit]Woot, just checked my email and i've got a real beta invite too!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:09 pm

QuantumDelta
Seems upping your RAM considerably dampers performance problems btw.. either that or I just have a higher natural tolerance than BD :P!
"Then, to hide their frailty, they hurt those who are kind.
I whisper farewell to this ugly world and dance nimbly with brilliant wings of red."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:10 pm

Ash
Damn you MS!!!!!!!!!

*crosses fingers*
*performs secret ritual*
*bribes people to put in a good word*

;D
Ash

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:27 pm

Futile Resistance
Ash wrote:Damn you MS!!!!!!!!!

*crosses fingers*
*performs secret ritual*
*bribes people to put in a good word*

;D
Yes, I've been participating more on the TR forums hoping to get recognized :thumb:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:46 pm

SoulSeeker
Btw talking about betas does anyone want a beta invite to joost?

All i need is a 1st and 2nd name and an email addy its all free.

http://www.joost.com/

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:16 pm

BlackDove
Update:

Yeah.

2gb of RAM = solved the problems. I'd call it "minimum requirements" if you run Vista.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:45 pm

Serberus
pre-order hmmmm, methinks its time to invest :lol:

Return to “General Discussions”