An amazing woman has passed away...

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

An amazing woman has passed away...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:19 am

Ozone
"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" George Bush, Jan. 11, 2000

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:20 am

=BTM=
May she rest in a well deserved peace. While the people that decided Gore to be more worthy of the price should be beaten in-side out, then stuffed back together again just for another beating... Did anyone smell a bribe? :shake:
Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big old storm right in the eye and says, "Give me your best shot. I can take it."
-Jack Burton

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:02 am

Stracius
From what I read, that woman had more compassion and selflessness in her little finger than Al Gore will ever have in his lifetime. Shame the peace prize didn't go to her, but I'm sure she didn't need one to give her credit for her work. All the lives she saved provided enough for that.

Thanks for pointing it out Oz. Hope she serves as inspiration for generations to come.
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:21 am

Ozone
Link it and post it in other forums - e-mail to everyone you know so they understand there are people that sacrifice and care.

The fact that I can turn on the news and hear for hours of how David Beckham's crotch has been airbrushed, Lindsey Lohan was drunk again, or Brittany has a new haircut - yet not hear a word of this woman (or those like her) infuriates me.

On another board, I, and others, have sent out the links of this woman's life (and death) to BBC, SKY, ITV, ABC, CBS, NBC, etc...

Spread it about.
"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" George Bush, Jan. 11, 2000

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:34 am

Kon
I can't say anything that Strac has not already said. The world is down one great person, and it's a shame that she didn't get the recognition she deserved.
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:33 am

Miasma
Do they award Nobel Prizes Posthumously? if anyone deserves it, it's her.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:09 pm

Padishar
Hey, thats a good question, can they award it after you have passed away?
Has anyone ever received it after the fact?

As far as who gets it and who doesn't seems to be the same old same old BS.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:57 pm

El Oso
Padishar wrote:Hey, thats a good question, can they award it after you have passed away?
Has anyone ever received it after the fact?
From 1974, the Statutes of the Nobel Foundation have stipulated that a prize cannot be awarded posthumously, unless death has occurred after the announcement of the Nobel Prize. This happened in 1996 when William Vickrey died only a few days after the announcement of the Prize in Economics.

Before 1974, the Nobel Prize has only been awarded posthumously twice: to Dag Hammarskjld (Nobel Peace Prize 1961) and Erik Axel Karlfeldt (Nobel Prize in Literature 1931)

Padishar wrote:As far as who gets it and who doesn't seems to be the same old same old BS.
I'm with you on that one... Gandhi was never awarded the nobel. Stalin was nominated twice. Figure that one out...

BUT... When it comes down to it, I take comfort in the fact that the folks that are awarded these prizes are doing what they do out of altruism & not for recognition...

Return to “General Discussions”