Aion-online

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Aion-online

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:41 am

SSX-Andy
I'm sure many already know about this game, but how many will actually try it when it comes?

It wont be released in NA/EU until this fall (or so they say), but I decided to take a sneak preview of it and joined up on the Chinese servers.

Installing, patching and getting all to work took a little bit of time (thanks Google translate) and its unfortunately too late to start playing now at 4 am.

Just playing around some with the character creator.
Attachments
Aion0000_.jpg
Aion0000_.jpg (255 KiB) Viewed 22016 times

Re: Aion-online

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:52 am

Kon
Enjoy the lag.

That said, tell me how it is. It's unlikely I'll play either way, but I've heard so much about this game that I am still interested to see how it turns out.
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:24 pm

SSX-Andy
Haven't lagged that badly for me, but then I've only ventured around the starting area. It seems promising so far, but don't think I'll ever get so far into the game on the Chinese servers to determine the end-game content.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:53 pm

Syro
Wulfie and I will play after NA release. :thumb:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:52 pm

SSX-Andy
I'm actually enjoying it a lot. Wont get deeply involved in it until they release it in NA/EU, but its definitely a nice breeze in the mmorpg world.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:52 am

Stracius
I hate to wield stereotypes, but it looks awfully Lineage-ish. Think I'll pass on this one
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 4:42 pm

Padishar
I am interested in some of the ideas they have for it,
But have a sneaking suspicion that it will be yet another Lineage2 as well,
Just with better effects and flying.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 11:33 pm

Syro
Lineage 2 is the whole reason I am into this one. Which Lineage 2 did you guys play? :rolleyes:

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 2:58 am

Futile Resistance
I recall there being an Obama look alike... That's enough for me to give it a beta whirl.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 12:32 pm

SSX-Andy
You can customize your character quite a bit, so yeah, it is possible to get it to look like Obama. Seen screenshots of it but must say that a sword wielding Obama just seems odd.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 5:43 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
SSX-Andy wrote:You can customize your character quite a bit, so yeah, it is possible to get it to look like Obama. Seen screenshots of it but must say that a sword wielding Obama just seems odd.
On a crusade against Conservatism. I can see an election campaign based around that ;)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 7:00 am

Syro
LOL. Surely Obama can wield a sword. :eek:

Fair warning, be nice to the Conservatives in this game or a nasty Rush Hannity Levin clone might go Savage PK red on ya. ;D

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 12:52 pm

Ozone
Mmm... isn't this from the Tabula Rasa group?

Personally I've gotten disappointed in MMOs. After giving up Warcraft (due to monotonous repetition after 2 years) I tried a few of em, some I liked, some I didn't but regardless of the hype they generated, not many made it to their 1 year b-day. I'm waiting on the Star Trek MMO, as aside from being a die hard Trekkie (original) I'm sure there'll be enough interest in it to keep it afloat. At the moment I've delved back into EVE online, its still solid after 5+ years at this point. Only prob is I'm looking at all my character data and my ship and thinking...'I knew what all this crap meant at some point, but bugger all if I have any clue now'.
"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" George Bush, Jan. 11, 2000

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 1:22 am

Futile Resistance
Ozone wrote: Personally I've gotten disappointed in MMOs. After giving up Warcraft (due to monotonous repetition after 2 years) I tried a few of em, some I liked, some I didn't but regardless of the hype they generated, not many made it to their 1 year b-day. I'm waiting on the Star Trek MMO, as aside from being a die hard Trekkie (original) I'm sure there'll be enough interest in it to keep it afloat. At the moment I've delved back into EVE online, its still solid after 5+ years at this point. Only prob is I'm looking at all my character data and my ship and thinking...'I knew what all this crap meant at some point, but bugger all if I have any clue now'.
I think I'm in the same boat.

I've stopped EvE and Warcraft for pretty much the same reasons as yours.

I'll bank on Jumpgate's beta to give me a peak to see if I like it. I'll most likely play STO as well being a trekkie myself.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 3:56 am

Syro
I am sympathetic with your disappointment in MMO's as of late. Nothing new and exciting in the MMO world. For me, the real fun of MMO's is gaming with friends.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:06 am

Stracius
Syro wrote:For me, the real fun of MMO's is gaming with friends.
Yep, ditto. Welcome to here :)
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 6:46 pm

Eli
Hey everyone! I know it has been a long time since you heard from me ... RL stuff. I am also looking forward to Aion. I am burnt out playing LOTRO. However, I have found a decent FREE MMO titled Perfect World. Though I have not played Aion, I believe Perfect World has many similarities. The character customization is excellent, the graphics are great, the game play is fun and has depth, and it has large community. The artistic style and mythos is Chinese-based (since the game was made in China), but they did a good job of translating it into English.

Give it a try. If you do, go to Perfect World International (English Version). I am on the Dreamweaver server and my main character's name is Istyar.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 8:37 pm

Kon
I have heard of Perfect World, but I just can't deal with these free Korean and/or Chinese MMOs anymore. I can never get into them for very long.
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:35 pm

Syro
I have played PW... not sure which server has my toons. It's not bad for a free game. The developer has a new game (name slips me atm) that is similiar to PW but upgraded graphics. I never went beyond the character creation on the new one. They need to fix the UI for those of us playing 1980x1200. THE UI IS HUGE and no edit ability to it.

Hiya Eli! ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:26 am

Eli
Hey Syro,

How are you? It's been a long time.

An expansion for Perfect World has just been released (Age of Spirits), and the option for a screen resolution of 1980x1200 is available. However, you are right, the UI editing is limited. I do not like that I need to use the "W" key to move forward rather than clicking both the left and right mouse buttons. Nevertheless, I have a lvl 20 Wizard as my main, and so far I am having fun. The new game I believe you are thinking of is titled Jade Dynasty.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:33 am

Stracius
*Waves at Eli* Hey bud, been a while :cool:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:13 pm

Eli
Hey Aldayne,

How's it going? Are you still playing LOTRO? I leveled my loremaster to almost 60 and just couldn't play anymore. I realize our SSX kinship was the reason I played the game as long as I did. I am an avid Tolkien fan and LOTRO has incredible scenic graphics and storyline, but lately I am finding the gameplay tedious.

I am really looking forward to Aion. However until then, Perfect World will keep me busy. You should give it a try ... keep in mind, it's free!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:49 am

Stracius
Not really playing it anymore. Think I haven't logged on for over a month now. No 60's, but a couple close, with some third-age weapons... Guess it was boring me a bit too anymore. Haven't decided whether or not to keep my subscription.

Otherwise, have my hands full playing EVE again so I don't think I'll be giving any other MMOs a shot for now. Thanks for the heads-up, though :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:39 am

Futile Resistance
So what can I expect from Aion after the initial ooh-aahs wear off?

Is it XP grind ala Asian F2P? Quest grind ala WoW?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:21 am

Eli
According to Amazon and Gamestop, Aion is scheduled to be released on September 1st. See you there.

Return to “General Discussions”