Guild Wars redux

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Guild Wars redux

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:19 pm

Ozone
A chat over at the The Mad Goner led to a few of us dusting off our Guild Wars discs and working for hours trying to remember our log ins.
For those interested we may be, beginning next weekend, starting a run of 1st level toons, most likely in Nightfall or Factions.
Seems its still got a considerable following, servers are pretty full, and they're still updating on a regular basis so there's plenty of new stuff to explore (although I've forgotten most of it anyways). With the processors now a days, anyone with a half decent machine can run balls to the wall with little to no lag.
If there's any interest from the SSX side, I'll keep this post updated on the campaign chosen and names of toons playing. Its gonna be casual drop in and out stuff on Sundays during a certain time window
Oz
"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" George Bush, Jan. 11, 2000

Re: Guild Wars redux

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:10 am

=BTM=
Me and my irl friends allready dusted off our old GW discs about a month or so ago, running around in our little 5man guild. Im usually to find on Moridian Bandakar when Im online so feel free to give me a shout whenever.

With GW2 getting ever closer I find it worth mentioning that for those that got the Eye Of the North expansion should concider filling up their Hall of monuments. Various achievements, prestige armors, mini pets, etc that you can display in the hall will give various benefits on GW2. What benefits the various things will give is not announced yet. But Id rather have them done now than finding out that you get some nice stuff AFTER getting started on GW2.

Several people seems to be of the same mind as the numbers of players online on GW seems to have been steadily climbing of late.
Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big old storm right in the eye and says, "Give me your best shot. I can take it."
-Jack Burton

Return to “General Discussions”