ESO on PS4

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

ESO on PS4

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:21 pm

Ozone
Anyone else playing?

I've got a lvl 75 elemental shammy with gladia... oh, wait...

I've got a level 12 or so nightblade running about having some fun. It's casual RPG MMOing without the sub fee.

Quests are quite refreshing. No go here, kill that, come back. More of go here, kill that, you found what?, ok so either go do this or go do that. Maybe its not that open, but the way the questing is provided it feels like it. For example, a number of quests take you across the map to new regions which, if explored, may add additional goals to a quest you're currently on or may even open a competing quest from another faction which may shift your loyalties. If they had a system like this in WoW moons ago, I probably would have stuck about.

Builds are unique in every way. I have so many options that I'm spoiled for choice. Many choices in game open up a new line of skills, and each skill that open offers you a few subcategories or subskills. For example, I'm a Wood elf Nightblade. I start with a Wood elf skill line, a few racial based skill lines such as bow, and a few nightblade skill lines such as assassination and stealth. If I pick up a two handed sword and start using it it opens up the 2 handed weapon skill lines, same with other weapons. If I go on a few quests for the local Mages guild they may share a few secrets and open up a mages skill tree or two, same with the fighters guild. Fight for the Queen's protection in a quest or two and trees may open with royal guard abilities. If bitten by a werewolf lycanthropy may open up, or vampirism if a vampire, though in either case you're required to fight over scrawny bad actresses.
With each tree having 5 or 6 active skills and a few passive abilities, and with dozens of trees, the customization is considerable to say the least.

I'm Just getting into PvP and don't have the skills yet to close in, so I got a ballista permit and fire seige weapons from distance while trying to look inconspicuous. Yes, you can use many different types of siege weapons with differing ammunition on the battlefield.

Gear? Easy. Many pieces are found on quests, many on random drops, or you can simply buy it. The purchasing of the gear is done randomly. Say you want a certain type of epic leather leggings. Go to a vendor and purchase 'epic 'named' medium leg armor'. you get a named piece and theres a chance its the piece you want. If not, sell it, get some money, try again. It allows the random chance of gear to be gathered not from a group run, which sucks if theres no group. You can just go on a few quests, play the game, collect some money (or maybe get lucky), and try again.

Best part about the whole thing is that I can turn it on, play for a bit, turn it off, and miss out on nothing.
PvP and dungeons are not the 'gather crap for a month, spec up gear, and log on at 6pm for a 6 hour session', they're more like - 'hey, there 3 of us, lets go run a dungeon for an hour', or 'lets go to a PVP region and snag some territory for an hour or two'. And at the end, each player gets their own chest of goodies, no rolls required.

There are guilds, there are guild banks. If we started a casual group we could open them up and work with a casual honor system.

For now, I like it. So much so that its pushed the Witcher off to the side for a bit.

Ozone_fhtagn is my PS4 tag. Toon name is Scalpra ( dunno if it matters when finding someone).
"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" George Bush, Jan. 11, 2000

Re: ESO on PS4

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:20 am

SL33PY
still not owning a ps4, also still not playing ESO, too busy with all other endeavours

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:50 am

NF
Arbiter
I gave it a try on PC but got distracted by other things and my ESO play time just fizzled out. Keep meaning to revisit it though..

Guessing its not cross platform between PC and PS4?
NF

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:29 pm

Kon
I keep hearing ESO has improved a lot, but if I was going to get the game I would undoubtedly go for the PC version. It's pretty disappointing they haven't allowed for cross-platform play. FFXI did it nearly 15 years ago.
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

Return to “General Discussions”