Black Lagoon

Discuss your favourite Anime series here. No linking to or discussing, means of downloading episodes/series allowed.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Anime Moderators

Black Lagoon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:21 pm

BlackDove
It's a lot like Cowboy Bebop but special in its own way, and very good, in fact, better than I expected.

Story follows a band of mercenaries as they do their pirate thing, and instead of Bebop, they ride the Lagoon (their boat), off the coast of South East Asia. Character weight is put on the guy they took hostage, who ended up joining them in the process, and the main girl that's one of the three person (four after first ep) team in the group.

It's more adult than Bebop too I'd say. Definitely recommended.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:36 am

Futile Resistance
Yep, really enjoyed the series.

Alot more mature and at times a depressing outlook on life. The action's top notch along with the animation.

SPOILER
Even though it seems like the series focuses on the Jap guy they take hostage... He doesn't really develop in character until the end, bit of a shame.

Currently reading the manga hoping it continues where the anime ends... Hopefully.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:05 am

BlackDove
Yeah, I have to say, at 24, this anime seemed to be like it could go for 24 more epsiodes easily.

I hope there's going to be a third barrage. The series really has the serious vibe Cowboy Bebop has, and if they did go for the finality of the character development and purpose, this could really rival CB easily.

I have to say, it was pretty damn interesting and entertaining for an anime with fairly minimal change in dynamic.

Definitely one of the better series I've seen, and again, I do hope we get a third and maybe a fourth barrage.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:41 am

Padishar
I'll take a look see at this,
as soon as I get done with a couple of series Mil suggested (just finished snaggin Jubei-chan atm).

Re: Black Lagoon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:18 am

SSX-Ava
It's violent,dirty,twisted,funny and there are no happy endings. Awesome couple of seasons. Very bebop-ish
Revy has one of the greatest personalities of any show i've watched. She's <censored> insane.
Gunna wait till all of the OVA's are out before I start on those.

Return to “Anime”