Fullmetal Alchemist 2: Brotherhood

Discuss your favourite Anime series here. No linking to or discussing, means of downloading episodes/series allowed.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Anime Moderators

Fullmetal Alchemist 2: Brotherhood

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:33 am

BlackDove
Nobody really knows what it is, but it's definitely a re-imagining of some kind, and will probably follow the manga, though only thirteen episodes have been confirmed.

That is all.

Re: Fullmetal Alchemist 2: Brotherhood

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:23 am

Stracius
I saw that bit about the possibility of it following the manga. Which makes me wonder, did the original series *not* follow the manga?
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:22 pm

BlackDove
It does up to about 25, and then after that it's all original story.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:24 am

Futile Resistance
While the original story was surprisingly top notch (didn't read the manga until after the first show was done), I'm now hyped that FMA2 looks to follow along the manga's arc.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:29 pm

Stracius
Couple new things in it so far, otherwise rehashing a bit of stuff they've already done in the last series. Also, they seem to be confused (in episode 3, anyway) about which of Edward's arms is automail. Watch the before and after shots when the show goes for a commercial break :lol: .

I suppose I could take screenies and post, but meh. I'm lazy, and I'm sure you guys can figure it out w/out seeing it.
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:28 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
It's doing it a lot better than the first time round though, even though it's rehashed, so I don't really mind it being repeated. When I attempted to get through FMA, prior to abandoning it, the main reason I couldn't get into it was that it just wasn't grabbing me at all - in many areas it was quite dull.

So far (I say that with a pinch of salt just incase it changes) this series seems to be condensing stuff that took five episodes in the last series to 1 episode, eliminating a lot of the tedium. I was expecting to hate this after ending up being very unimpressed by the original, but it's actually been decent so far. Hopefully they'll keep it up.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:32 am

Anubis
Site Admin
The new OP and ED for this are epic. Have to say I prefer this infinitely to what I saw of FMA1. Faster paced, holds your attention better. Really pushes my desire to keep watching.

Retrying FMA1 is still on the list for when this finishes, but I really can't see it topping it. Especially considering my preconceptions towards it from last time round.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:57 am

Stracius
Better. By far. Though I'm a bit perplexed as to why they need one more episode; I thought they wrapped things up well enough with #63. I smell fanservice in the works.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:25 pm

BlackDove
This second series was okay, but it was nothing compared to the first one.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:44 am

Anubis
Site Admin
Series was solid and pretty great overall for me. Much better than what I saw of the first, but I will be re-attempting to watch that in the future and thus reserve the right to re-evaluate my opinion on the matter.

I think that you're right to an extent Strac in that a certain element of fanservice will likely be behind the next episode, though I can see the need for one myself. There are still things left unsaid, mainly related to the future. I would particularly hope to see what Mustang does to the country, the Ed/Winry resolution, and whether Lin does indeed manage to become Emperor of Xing. So yes, whilst 63 basically wrapped the ongoing conflict up there are loose ends that have yet to be tied up for me.

I look forward to 64, as I say it's been a most enjoyable run for me.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:49 pm

winbrian
I liked the first series. Great story. The second summed up the first quite fast. Which is pretty good for those who didn't see the first series.

I watched 62 and 63 today. They were fantastic!

I was expecting greed to put up a big fight, kinda sucked he went down like that lol

I myself am curious on whats going to happen not just about Ed and Al, but what happens to everyone else.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:49 am

Anubis
Site Admin
The 64th episode rounded things off well, and brought closure to the areas I was concerned about. They have, however, announced a movie will be being produced for this series just as one was for the first - considering just how cleanly this series has wrapped up, I am not at all sure how the movie will fit in.
Unless of course Selim turns on his 'mother'.
Overall, as I said in my previous posts this show has been pretty great. A certain 9/10 from me.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:06 am

SSX-Ava
I have just got done watching this through and was blown away by its awesomeness. There isn't a dull moment to be had throughout the entire series. Theres lots of laughs to be had but there is always a purposeful deeper ''feeling''to the show which keeps the story on its course. I haven't watched the original Fullmetal but I'll pick it up when this one has settled and won't overcast it.

-Major General Armstrong can discipline me anytime she wants. That woman was a BEAST.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:24 pm

M.Steiner
I haven't seen the original so I haven't got that to compare it to but I thought Brotherhood was spectacular. (I will however check the original out and see how that compares eventually but I'll give it a year or so.)

Absolutely epic from start to finish and only ever got better as the story progressed. Up until now (for me) Monster held the crown for having the best supporting characters but this has just topped it. The whole cast were fantastic.
The soundtrack is top-notch and often reminded me of of Final Fantasy with its memorable orchestral pieces and certain tunes which played during battles etc. "Crisis in the North" being one of the best. Since I started watching anime I've got myself the OP/ED tracks for many shows & movies which I've enjoyed, sometimes an insert track or two or a chunk of songs from the same anime but this was the first time I found myself wanting an entire soundtrack (and over 90 tracks too). Will look into buying these (OST 1-3) when I can along with the blu-ray releases. Considering the only other soundtracks I've bought in the past for something similar were FF7/8 and Silent Hill 2 it says a lot.

Last bunch of eps in particular were brilliant and lead to a perfect, emotional ending. Couldn't have hoped for better quite honestly.
Beautiful. 10/10 :)
Anubis wrote:
Unless of course Selim turns on his 'mother'.
hmm possibly. Could also cover the time between the ending and the pictures we saw during the credits or something like that. Whatever it may be I'll be looking forward to it. :D
Speaking of Selim/Pride. I'm glad they left his future a little ambiguous like that. I was expecting a scene like the ending of "The Omen" with Damien. Ending the show with 1 last cliffhanger scene after the credits of Selim turning towards the camera giving a knowing, evil smile :p. That would be been pretty cool and all but I'm glad it ended the way it did heh :)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:46 pm

M.Steiner
Apologies if this is old news for some of you. Since none of this has been posted in the thread I'm going to assume it's not though. :)
MAL wrote:Criminal Melvin, serving his sentence at the Central prison in Central City for robbery, escapes from Central jail, and heads West. Ed and Al chase him to the Milos City, where they meet mysterious girl Julia Criton, member of an organization called "Black Bat".
http://www.hagaren-movie.net/
Official movie site has trailers :thumb:

Side story it is then. Better this way as the series concluded perfectly, no real need for a continuation tbh.
The art does look more like FMA1 imo (not a bad thing) but it *is* related to Brotherhood.
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 10:46 pm

BlackDove
FMA1's ending was definitive.

Conqueror of Shambala completely ends the tale. It's one of the reasons it's the superior series.

And yeah. I'm not surprised with this new film. I mean to truly end it would be idiotic. Such a nice cash cow.

Return to “Anime”