Tokyo Magnitude 8.0

Discuss your favourite Anime series here. No linking to or discussing, means of downloading episodes/series allowed.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Anime Moderators

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:22 pm

BlackDove
Looks to be one of the greats of Summer season.

"It's a story about two siblings and a single mother trying to survive together after a massive earthquake hits Tokyo during the Summer vacation changing everyone's lives forever."

Re: Tokyo Magnitude 8.0

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:35 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
This was a very good series, after what I readily admit to being a judgemental beginning on my part where I was ready to call it 'too ordinary' before it really got going.

Very realistic throughout, very well thought through. Willing to tackle things many would rather not too: mass death, personal tragedy, metal balance, family seperation.

A refreshing change of scenery for me in some ways. Glad I watched it.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

Re: Tokyo Magnitude 8.0

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:00 am

SSX-Ava
I can't recommend this series enough, it really is a great watch. It's so different to alot of other anime I've come across. There's no vast confusing worlds, monsters, world domination or crazy characters. It's a simple story about sibling relationships and how they survive a natural disaster.

Return to “Anime”