Guilty Crown

Discuss your favourite Anime series here. No linking to or discussing, means of downloading episodes/series allowed.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Anime Moderators

Guilty Crown

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:38 pm

Kon
So, episode 1 has hit. I definitely got the vibe that it was quite similar to other recent works by the same folks. Some elements of both Geass and Eden of the East are obviously there. I'm still not sure what the boy's power is. I hope it's something more than being able to summon that big sword. The vibe I get from the protagonist is if Shinji from Evangelion was put into LeLouch's shoes. Not sure how I feel about that, but we'll see where it goes.
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

Re: Guilty Crown

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:12 pm

M.Steiner
Episode 2 wasn't too bad but I am beginning to doubt whether this will actually be one of my top picks as I have previous expected, unfortunately. Fate/Zero is already way ahead but I'm actually enjoying Mirai Nikki more than this atm.
It isn't bad or anything but when you look past the glorious animation, music and action scenes the story & characters aren't living up to much at all so far but then again we are only 2 eps in so I'll give it time. One of my worries with this was that it wouldn't amount to anything besides the art but I expected greatness, I just hope that in time it begins to live up to the hype that surrounded it initially and that it becomes more than just the eye candy it is atm. It's early days so it could still turn into something special, I will keep my fingers crossed :)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:43 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
It has potential. They're still really setting things up for what will come - getting a very Geass-like setup in terms of character placement and situation in place.

Fate/Zero is easily the pick of the season, and I doubt this will change that, but that doesn't mean it's awful. Far too early to judge yet - we'll see how it evolves.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:58 pm

Kon
Episode 2 was a big disappointment for me. The "twist" ending was a blatant rip of Evangelion. Looking at my first post I already said this, but this episode just further cemented my view that this is going to end up just being Geass with Shinji replacing LeLouch. Which would have made Geass a lot less interesting, to be sure. The fanservice, featuring both adolescent and loli characters, was just plain stupid. I try my best to stay away from shows with that sort of thing. We'll see if the show can improve, but I have to agree that Fate/Zero is blowing it away.
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

Return to “Anime”