Summer 2013 (June > August)

Discuss your favourite Anime series here. No linking to or discussing, means of downloading episodes/series allowed.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Anime Moderators

Summer 2013 (June > August)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:34 pm

M.Steiner
It's that time again.
Summer has looked quite drab when I've looked at the charts before but as spring is almost over now I thought I'd give it a proper look. May not be quite as bad as I thought but only just.
[Chart here]

Will try:
  • Uchouten Kazoku (*Now airing | P.A. Works ) <- I didn't look at this one at all initially as the synopsis does sound very peculiar, until I learned a little something which piqued my interest somewhat. This is an anime adaption of a novel written by the original creator of Tatami Galaxy.
  • Gin no Saji (12th July | A-1 Pictures ) <- An anime adaption of the manga written by the author of Fullmetal Alchemist. I'll watch for this reason.
  • Free! (*Now airing | Kyoto Animation) <- I don't usually watch sports themed animes (or sports themed anything really) but it's a new KyoAni show so I'll probably watch this.
+Kyojin & Railgun from spring will carry over.
-Aku No Hana, Gargantia & Valvrave (plus a few others) from spring only have 2 episodes left if MAL is correct but a second season of Valvrave is due in the autumn it seems.

It's definitely a far cry from what the spring season turned out to be I must say, that being the single strongest anime season I've ever followed and will be very hard to beat, but there may be a few worth considering from summer after all. None of them particularly jump out out me I'll be honest but I'll probably give them a go and see how they go. 3 of the spring shows I'm watching which turned out most excellent indeed, I had originally intended to skip over so I'll give em a chance at least. One of those was actually Kyojin and this has remained as many peoples #1 for the majority of the season lol.
There's GitS Arise as well which will be a definite but I'm not sure what the release schedule for that is going to be like?. If it's going to be like Akito the Exiled I may wait until it's complete before I pick it up.

You guys see anything else which may be of interest?
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Return to “Anime”