Autumn 2014

Discuss your favourite Anime series here. No linking to or discussing, means of downloading episodes/series allowed.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Anime Moderators

Autumn 2014

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:44 pm

M.Steiner
Is just 3 weeks away! [ Chart ]
Been looking forward to a few of these shows for quite a long time now so hopefully it'll be a good season. The potential is certainly there.

Definitely watching:[list]
[*]Psycho-Pass 2
The long awaited second season to Psycho-Pass is almost here and about time too. Season 1 still stands as one of the best new shows in recent memory for me so I cannot wait for this to start airing and I'm sure BD & Kahn are just as excited for it as well. My predicted pick of the season. - Anny, It has been 2 years since the first season aired but tis time to get caught up mate. Come watch with the rest of us ;)
[*]Mushishi Zoku Shou 2
Continuation of the new Mushishi series from Spring.
[*]Fate/stay night
The new adaption of Fate/stay night from ufotable. They did a crackin' job with Fate/Zero so I'm eagerly awaiting this one, just hope it's more in-line with the first season of that rather than the second. Don't <censored> it up!
[*]Sanzoku no Musume Ronja
This series is from Goro Miyazaki, director of From Up on Poppy Hill & Tales from Earthsea from Studio Ghibli and son of the legendary Hayao Miyazaki. I wouldn't put Poppy Hill up there with his father's works (haven't seen Earthsea) but I'm still looking forward to seeing how this turns out all the same. Fingers crossed.
[*]Terra Formars
From the director of Steins;Gate. That alone is enough reason for me to watch tbh. Hopefully won't disappoint.[/list]

Considering watching:[list]
[*]Kiseijuu
Got quite a lot to watch with the above (plus some of my other tv shows like Person of Interest start back up in October too) so I'm putting this one under maybe for now. Sounds kinda cool though so if I can manage to take on one more show I may pick this one up as well. Will see.[/list]

How about you guys? :)
(Also, I don't think a thread got posted for the summer season but my recommendations from that would be: Zankyou no Terror, Akame ga Kill! & Barakamon).

[Edit: I've decided to watch Kiseijuu instead of Terra Formars so consider those the other way around on my lists]
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Re: Autumn 2014

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:54 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Well I won't be around for the first couple of weeks, as I'm away on a couple of trips (the first of which being the Eurogamer Expo - YAY!), but I'll be picking one or two up when I get back :)

Fate Stay/Night is obviously a definite for me given how amazing Fate/Zero was from the same guys. I can't wait for that!

Kiseijuu is a maybe. Might wait to see what others think of it first...

I might also look at Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de if I feel like it. That looks like it might be fun.

I would be watching Psycho Pass 2, but I haven't gotten around to the first season yet!

I will also probably watch Akame ga Kill during next season, which has drawn my eye. Not before I finish Aldnoah.Zero though, which I am currently enjoying :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:46 am

M.Steiner
Little heads-up/reminder!
fns.jpg
fns.jpg (62.27 KiB) Viewed 14322 times
Not long now ;)
(It starts with a 1 hour prologue episode btw (or Episode 0) which can be found here on MAL. Tis a separate entry from the main series)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:58 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Thanks dude! Was going to look up when that started this week :)

Can't wait! ufotable set the bar so high with Fate/Zero!
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:29 pm

M.Steiner
No worries :)
Watched the prologue yesterday btw, awesome stuff. Great production values as expected, should be a fantastic series if that was anything to go by. Fingers crossed!
Ep1 this coming Sat evening :thumb:

Return to “Anime”