Priests - Please post the spec you chose

Our US players can be found on the Mannoroth PVP server!

Moderators: Global Moderators, WoW =US= Moderators

Priests - Please post the spec you chose

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:35 pm

Aoiren
Hi everyone well I have not logged on since the patch went into effect but I think that I will try this out.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... 0000000000

I am going to see how it works since it is somewhat different from what I had before. I decided not have spirit or holy nova as of right now. If I have a change of mind or heart before tonight then I will go with the following.

I am interested in seeing how a heavy shadow build would work in a 40man raid. I have no experience as a shadow priest otherwise I would like to try it.

I do not want to unbalance our raiding makeup. Speaking of which it should be interesting to see how that dynamic changes on Friday.

I know that there are changes to how +heal adds to your downranked heals and I am very concerned about that. I have seen alot of "Priest healing nerfed" on the forums, but I will not know until I get in game and try it out.

I did not get any responses to my earlier post from any other priests. So I hope that someone will be picking up spirit. However, I would suggest that every holy/disc priest pick up Spirit of Redemption now that it increases your total spirit by 5%.
[/url]
Aoiren: 70 Priest (Enchanter/Tailor)
Raid Leader-"The tank .. needs full heals.. now!"

Aoiren - "I given him all I got, capn. I dunut have tha mana."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:09 am

ScarletRahl
Mike, as we talked early tonight I did 23 dis ( with the improved spirit) and 28 Holy. So far I have found this works great for me, but it might not be for everyone. Just depends on how you want to play your priest everyone is diffrent and will play them diffrent :D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:02 am

Crast
I went 7/0/44 as far as my build

its great for soloing only bad thing i regret is not putting 2 in holy for focus something don't remember teh name but it gives you 70% chance to avoid being interrupted when being hit while trying to cast a heal.

So if i could do it again i would go 7/2/42 as far as shadow and i'm not quite sure if i like vampiric touch yet. That way i could still solo and pvp and if i want ot do a 5 man the 2 in holy will help greatly being main healer in a pve group

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:30 pm

Aoiren
I decided to go with the following and maxed out improved spirit. I was going to try shadow but since I lacked +damage gear I could not justify it. I will see how this build fares on Friday and if it needs some work I will respec.

Like Liz, I am addicted to spirit however the more I ran the numbers I still could not justify the spirit of redemption. That might change but for now I did not pick it up.

I also spoke with QD last night about it, but I have noticed that the Holy crit increase from Holy specialization does not show up on the new character window. So, it could be either that it is there but not showing up or that it is not there at all because it was not converted over to the new crit equations.

(I hate to waste 4 points that do absolutely nothing)
Aoiren: 70 Priest (Enchanter/Tailor)
Raid Leader-"The tank .. needs full heals.. now!"

Aoiren - "I given him all I got, capn. I dunut have tha mana."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:01 am

Gamakun
Well I am gotta try some of the new holy. This is my talent tree.
Dwarf Priest (70)
Herbalist 375
Tailoring 360

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:16 pm

Axavier
went 10 dis / 41 holy / 00 shadow
took circle of healing over lightwell.
no imp fort but we shall see what comes later.
"Nobody expects The Spanish Inquisition."

"You tell kids today that, and they won't believe you. No, no, they won't."

Khamali's talent tree

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:09 pm

Khamali
i went 49 disc. and 2 holy I have imp spirit and fort ;)

Return to “=US= World of Warcraft”