/Wave!

Our US players can be found on the Mannoroth PVP server!

Moderators: Global Moderators, WoW =US= Moderators

/Wave!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:23 pm

Pixistix
Hello all,

So this will probably be a bit of randomness, but I have been lurking your boards for a while now, and wanted to post a "hello" thread.

I am a long time FFXI buddy of Inquisitor (know to me mainly as Ariones :)). I started playing FFXI about 4 years ago because I had a lot of real life friends playing. It was good fun, and a good introduction to MMOs. Like most FFXIers I jumped on the WoW is evil bandwagon, and vowed never to try it.

Skip ahead a few years, and I have for the most part burnt out on FFXI, and my boy-o's schedule has changed such that we can't commit to the big 4-6 hour events that our shell was running multiple times a week. Convict (the honey) had picked up WoW and has a level 46 troll hunter on a PvE server. He picked me up a copy of the game, and I've been experimenting with different classes/races. I have to say I'm really impressed with the game overall. There is something so wonderful about getting xp from quests, and not loosing it from dying (repair bills aside). Anyone that has played FFXI will know what I'm talking about.

I'm considering making a toon on your server. I will admit that world PvP intimidates me a little, but I'm familiar with a couple of people from the greater SSX community, and I like the way y'all treat gaming. I'm also still really restrained on the amount of time I have to play right now.

For now, I just wanted to drop out of lurkdom, say hello, and introduce myself :).

~Pixi
Blarghl.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:57 pm

Padishar
Thx for stoppin by and introducing yourself m8.
Its good to hear from ya's :cool:

As far as the pvp aspect goes, its not as bad as it sounds.
You dont lose anything if someone kills ya, and no hordies are allowed to pk you till you leave the lowbee areas ;)
Plus with the expansion out, there are less and less people on the mainland now a days and it is much easier to lvl then it used to be.

All in all, its good to see ya m8, and thx for stopping by.
Hope we get a chance to see ya in game :cool:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:12 pm

Pixistix
Ok I rolled 3 toons on Mannoroth to play around with. To date I've been a horde person, so I'm messing around with Alliance races :).

I'm ashamed to admit I went back to my Taru-Taru roots and made a gnome warrior /laughs. I <3 the warrior class though!! I have been giggling uncontrollably every time I charge something >.>. I also made a hunter and a shaman to mess around with. Still at the poke stuff until I figure out what I want to seriously level stage :).

It's nice to know the starting areas are pretty safe. The horror stories you hear are about things like level 70s hanging out and slaughtering n00bs as they pop into the game. PvP WoW has an interesting reputation amongst other games ;).
Blarghl.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:56 pm

Inquisitor
Pixi is good people.
No signature

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:25 am

QuantumDelta
Pixistix wrote: It's nice to know the starting areas are pretty safe. The horror stories you hear are about things like level 70s hanging out and slaughtering n00bs as they pop into the game. PvP WoW has an interesting reputation amongst other games ;).
By the time you have to be concerned about world pvp if you have a good situational awareness you can normally dodge enemies simply by avoiding detection (and I say this as a Human Paladin, the guy normally running around in yellows and golds with the biggest animation lightshows for abilities in the universe.... anyway), don't be too intimidated it's rare that someone will actually do something that will seriously impede your game play, corpse camping is a rarity, it DOES happen, on occasion but even if it does some creative thinking will normally get you away from them for long enough to lose them completely.

Even if you do get into such trouble, these are good peeps, give'em a shout and if they can I'm sure they'll drop by to help out ^^

Good luck out there, should you catch me in leveling (that's looking quite likely atm since I've been busy :<!) we might be able to catch a group for something.
Enjoy yourself ;p
"Then, to hide their frailty, they hurt those who are kind.
I whisper farewell to this ugly world and dance nimbly with brilliant wings of red."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:26 pm

Lilleth
Nice to meet you :D

Don't worry about world PvP...there's are quite a few level 70s in our SSX Manno family who like nothing better than teaching Horde a lesson (lesson being: if you see the <Shattered Star eXiles> tag under a lowbie's name, it's best to just /bow and leave him/her alone...). Silly Mannoroth horde seem to be slow learners, though...

I hope you find a race/class combo you like, and join our ranks here in the "evil" WoW world! :lol:

(I've got a gnome warrior...she's cute. She has pink Princess Leia buns...erm, the HAIR, not the...nvm.) ;)
/purr
Lilleth 85 Night Elf Druid-Resto (Mannoroth)
Raevynn 85 Night Elf Hunter (Mannoroth)
Zyllah 85 Night Elf Death Knight-Blood (Mannoroth)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:19 pm

Pixistix
:lol: That's the same hair-do I picked! I started with the one that's kind of shoulder length with the bangs in front, but it clipped weird with her shield :P. Anyway, little warriors have to have their hair pulled back for battle, right?

The boyo has been out of town, but I chatted with him on the phone last night, and he wants to roll up a Draenei priest on Mannoroth. He's amused by the idea of being a big hulking healer, and me being an itty-bitty tank :D.

Also with him gone this last week I may have had some extra free time >.>. Let's just say I leveled a Draenei hunter to 20. I took her through the starting area quests and got the Draenei tabard. Too cool! I have also been messing around with crafts on both characters. I started jewel crafting with the hunter, but with how well metal bars sell, I've mainly just been mining/smelting and selling copper bars (saving the bronze though). I also started Engineering with the gnome, but I'll have to level her to 10 before I can do any more :). I realize that engineering isn't a big money profession, but I'm an engineer in real life and couldn't resist. That and I want an underwater breathing helmet :lol: !

If you guys don't mind a couple of lowbies, once Convict gets back we will definitely post application threads. After the years of playing FFXI, I think we've got the MMO thing down enough to be able to catch up to a useful level pretty quickly :). That and after playing in the Draenei areas this week, I'm motivated to get my gnome Revered with the Exodar, and to level 40 so she can have an Elephant!

If anyone wants to /poke me, I've settled on Bloomkin (gnome), and Lynora (draenei). Bloomkin will be my main once Convict gets home and we can start leveling together, but I plan on keeping Lynora as an alt since aspect of the cheetah + mining = yay, gold!
Blarghl.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:21 pm

Inquisitor
He's amused by the idea of being a big hulking healer
It has its moments :)
No signature

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:36 pm

Convict
I'm a sucker for healing classes in any MMO I play... I just can't get away from them, but everyone else seems to love it when I play them...

MY CURSE IS YOUR BLESSING! :weird:

Anywho, looking forward to getting home and starting in to it again, looking forward to meeting all of you guys, too. :thumb:
Convict - White Mage/Summoner 75
Ghede - Radiation/Radiation Defender 50
Haal - Warlock 'o DOOM

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:26 pm

Pixistix
Inquisitor wrote:
He's amused by the idea of being a big hulking healer
It has its moments :)
To this day, you are still my favorite RDM, and the galka thing is a large part of it ;). You just put a lot more effort into it than a lot of other people because of your racial handicap.

I have to say that's one thing I'm digging about WoW so far. The classes available to each race can effectively be played by each race. Novel.
Blarghl.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:35 pm

Inquisitor
/blush
No signature

blah!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:49 am

Kikki
Hi! I am Sonny (Kikki on WoW).
If you ever do get to play WoW with us I think you may have alot of fun, but just remember.... I am annoying >.>
At least.... most of the time? ><
Live long! Rock on! All before the day is gone!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:30 pm

Convict
Meh, annoying I can deal with, stupid on the other hand... ;)

I'm flying home today, YAY! Expect me when you see me.
Haal - Warlock 'o DOOM

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:21 pm

lili
Pixistix wrote: That and after playing in the Draenei areas this week, I'm motivated to get my gnome Revered with the Exodar, and to level 40 so she can have an Elephant!
Don't be so eager about getting the elephant. I thought it was adorable until i realize the stupid thing doesn't fit in doors. All my other mounts I just ride right into a building and let it dismount me automatically. With my shammy I either bang my head against the door frame for a while until i find the sweet spot for dismounting or get tired and finially hit the mount button. Good thing that i seems to rep up a lot faster on my shammy already exalted with SW and revered with everything else. And oh i'm pretty sure you have to be exalted to get another faction's mount unless blizz changed it recently.
Babydolly Frost Mage 70
Pocky Protection Pally 70

I didn't fall from grace, I dove.
What do you mean my halo is lopsided, it's balanced perfectly on my horns.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:36 pm

Pixistix
Good to know :D. :sweat: It is Exalted, /laughs still learning all the terms. Either way, the gnome mounts are awesome too (imho).

/em wonders if she can get one with spinners... ;).
Blarghl.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:59 am

Convict
Excellent news! Feyn and Bloomkin hit 10 tonight, and I expect we'll probably start pestering ya'll around level 20 once we get into the hotly contested areas and I bite off more than I can chew (Hey! Level 70 Warrior, try mouthing off again! Bring some friends this time!)...

:thumb:
Haal - Warlock 'o DOOM

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:30 pm

Syro
I LOVED my shadow priest! He was awesome. :cool:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:46 am

Convict
I like the style, sustained DPS while healing. It's just fun.
Haal - Warlock 'o DOOM

Return to “=US= World of Warcraft”