Kara-ready again??

Our US players can be found on the Mannoroth PVP server!

Moderators: Global Moderators, WoW =US= Moderators

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:25 pm

silvester
i barely met the requirement of the gear for kara, but i might be able to kill 1st 2 bosses. all i need to kill Attumen the Huntsman and The Big Bad Wolf. after that i don't mind if i have to go to make a place for someone with better gear. this week i cant go on Friday but on Saturday i can play all day long.
i hope you guys can help me to get a better gear. by the way i just spend all my money on the epic gun from engineer.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:54 am

lili
The big bad wolf is a randome boss and not the second boss. Although if you really want to you can skip everything and go straight to the opera event since it's the only real required event in the instance. And what do you mean by bearly meet. And as most hunters know by now kara hates hunter dps and no one really takes more than one hunter into kara if they can help it and most guild would probably swap that hunter for a shadow priest in a heartbeat. So to make a hunter usefull for kara you have to at least have all of your blue set.
Babydolly Frost Mage 70
Pocky Protection Pally 70

I didn't fall from grace, I dove.
What do you mean my halo is lopsided, it's balanced perfectly on my horns.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:44 am

silvester
that will be great if we can skip everything and go to opera.
i have 3 pieces of hunter dungeon set but i got the other 2 cover by another blue gears (equal power like hunter set) . all my gears are blue now and 2 epics ( [Gyro-Balanced Khorium Destroyer] [Handguards of the Steady]) . i have attack power 1484 (with aspect of the hawk on) and i heard i need to have AP at least 1500 to join kara.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:39 am

QuantumDelta
You need to kill moroes before they will let you start the opera event, we tried trust me.
"Then, to hide their frailty, they hurt those who are kind.
I whisper farewell to this ugly world and dance nimbly with brilliant wings of red."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:23 pm

Callawey
I am one of the bad ones :( . Due to nightly family obligations, I am in the 8:15-8:30 bracket. And friday nights are tough to get on by 8:30, but I try my hardest. My brother, who I am very close with, and his 3 little ones visit every Friday night from 6:00-8:00. After hustling them out the door, I need to get my little one tucked in and my puppy let out. My wife isn't thrilled to watch me hustle around like an idiot to get on the computer in time to sit in front of it for the next four hours, but she loves me and is tolerant. So basically, my time online doesn't start until 8:20ish. That's a fact of life. I certainly don't want to keep anyone waiting, so feel free to go as soon as you have enough. If I make it, then that's fantastic. If not, I can deal. The fact that i am a husband, father, master, brother, uncle and home owner all have to trump the fact that i love to play WOW with you guys, or I am not a good one of any of those titles. Maybe I should just commit to Saturday/Sunday night's events. Friday will be a treat if it happens.

As far as Kara, I was part of the group that downed curator, got Shade to 8% and did our best impersination of target dummies on Prince. I have only seen one opera event, that being Big Bad Wolf, but am pretty comfortable with most of the fights I have been a part of. While my damage there has been through the roof (for a ret. pally), my stamina is lacking a bit, so that's where my gear focus is at the moment. I will gladly take part in any guild run when it's offered.

On a side note, I have been quietly accumulating a very nice set of tanking gear for a possible respec to prot. The idea of pugging heroics for the nethers and badges I need is quite terrfying, but that mission will go a lot smoother if I am eliminating the need for CC. A healing respec hasn't been ruled out either. I have bags full of gear for either choice, but I want to have my sets complete and enchanted, so that when i do respec, I will be heroic-worthy in that spec. (uncrittable/uncrushable/11-12K HP in prot, 12-1400+ healing in holy) If we do end up getting two Kara runs together, i will probably let the needs of the guild sway my decision towards one or the other.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:43 pm

lili
Robb, since i haven't seen your tanking gear i can't say either way, but just because pocky didn't need cc in 45 min heroic full mech run doesn't mean i don't use cc. For pugs i still grab a mage or a lock depending on the instance just because i don't always trust the healer or he dps to listen. You will need a "oh S***" person or you will find wipes are very common thing in heroic. The one cc you don't want to ever take is a rogue, but then again you know how i feel about melee, it's my firm believe i can do away with all of them in any 5 men. and like i said i'll be happy to heal your first tanking try.
Babydolly Frost Mage 70

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:32 pm

Mike D
Ill be able to raid on Fri 28th, but I have to work on Sat until 9:30 server time, so I imagine the guild will have started raiding by then. I will be available to raid on Sunday at the regular scheduled time. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:54 am

silvester
i agree with Saturday - Sunday Raid . i don't know if i can make it in time on Friday but ill be available on Friday between 10-11 PM server time

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:38 am

Monamy
Just a thought...
Why doing only one Kara raid?

I've checked our lvl70 members in-game (the offline list too) and found a fair number of them logging daily... and - in my opinion - it is possible for us to make 2, maybe 3, Kara raids... So why not?

Or is it just the issue of being attuned? For I have been attuned for good awhile but never thought of raiding, due to university and life issues... But I might be able to drop for a couple runs. (ack!! subject changed!)

So yeah. is it possible to make more than one raiding group per Saturdays and Sundays? (Although I understand how complicating this may get, but it's just a suggetion. Who knows? maybe our good guild leaders can think of a way.)
Monamy's Productions are the best in town!
Need potions? Send in-game mail and I'll see what I can do.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:28 pm

lili
yeah sure there's enough dps for that amount of raids but try and find enough well geared tanks and healers for that amount.
Last edited by lili on Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Babydolly Frost Mage 70

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:59 pm

Magdalena
One more tank working through the ranks now :P Have attunement but need some major work on my gear still... seeing lots of rep runs in my future to get heroic keys now and lots of pvp/heroics to get suited up after that :) :P.

BTW, the armory is not my tanking gear as I'm usually in my dmg gear atm, but I do have a tanking set started a little. :)

Also collecting up primals to build some of it and working the awful grind that is blacksmithing.... have I stated yet that leveling bs sucks more than any other profession I've ever leveled???

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:16 pm

lili
Sha'tar is the frist place you want to work up your rep with. Good shield and good drops from the instances. Not sure if there's a tanking chest piece from the scryers but you should be able to pick up a better one than the aldor one. If all you want are rep from them let me know i can run you though several mechs and full bots in a short amount of time.
Babydolly Frost Mage 70

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:44 pm

Gutka
FYI - in patch 2.3, Heroic Keys only require Honor Reputation.
Gutka[Main] - 60 Human Warrior (Mining/Alchemy)
Farin - 60 Human Priest (Herbalist/Tailoring)
Kazaka - 51 Dwarf Hunter (Mining/Engineering)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:36 pm

Dualraid
heh, and i thought i was the only one still wandering in this forum =D
Parent's Tip: Follow the instructions on the Aspirin Bottle when feeling stressed from kids.
"Take 2 Aspirin"and "KEEP AWAY FROM CHILDREN"

Return to “=US= World of Warcraft”