Thanks to everyone who helped...

Our US players can be found on the Mannoroth PVP server!

Moderators: Global Moderators, WoW =US= Moderators

Thanks to everyone who helped...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:20 pm

Callawey
Hallow's End is over! Rejoice SSX! This Paladin will no longer be bugging you to travel all the way to SM to kill the Headless Horseman. He has left the building (graveyard), and appearantly took his helm with him. :(

It could be slightly higher, but I believe that the final kill count was 51. And that wasn't enough to see his whole loot table. I saw 2 pets, countless brooms, rings and enough tricky treats to keep me puking til Christmas. No plate helm or rickety broom ever dropped. :smack:

I still haven't gotten my heroic pants (5 tries) or abacus (12 tries) from Mech, and it took me 12 to get the Hourglass from BM, so I have become familiar with having to grind instances for random drops...but this was ridiculous! It's no wonder more people arena than raid. Wait a couple of weeks to a month for a guaranteed reward of your choosing, or gather 25 people in hopes of getting one shot a week at a random drop. Can you imagine waiting 51 weeks for your upgrade? :confused:

Enough venting, I just wanted to say thanks to all of you who helped me gather group after group. There are lots of other things to be doing in this game, and it means alot that you guys took the time to help a guildie instead.

Thanks SSX! :)
Last edited by Callawey on Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:43 pm

Inquisitor
Sounds like FFXI. Ask Pixi to relay some drop stories ;)
No signature

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:52 pm

Dualraid
Sometimes its all just luck, but dedication to it will get you the item and patience plays a big part too. Apparently for me i dont have patience usually after a few tries i go after something else, either equally good or better.
Parent's Tip: Follow the instructions on the Aspirin Bottle when feeling stressed from kids.
"Take 2 Aspirin"and "KEEP AWAY FROM CHILDREN"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:19 pm

Padishar
Stinks you didnt get ur helm m8 :(

Yeah the arena and BG honor are the 2 best places to get epics, as like you said you wait a few weeks to a month and get a piece of your choosing. It only takes an hour or so a week and bam guaranteed item, compared to the countless hours grinding instances to maybe see your needed item drop (or to finally see it drop just to be rolled against and lose it).

I have my own poor drop horror stories as well. Like still having my lvl 60 sword @ 70 because I couldn't get a main-hand sword or claw to drop for me on any boss (or again when it finally did would lose the roll on it),
So I had to replace it with arena swords (not before being forced to use daggers for a while :puke: ).

Mech Mech Mech...
I had to grind from friendly all the way to revered @ Mech and get my heroic key before my chest piece finally dropped there.... :sweat:
The hourglass from BM? I JUST got last week and I have been revered with them for a loooong time.

So yeah I know all about the horrid drops in the expac, not to mention I have like a dozen purple epics now and still have lvl 68 blue pants :smack:

They will be my next arena replacement when the season 3 gear comes out w/the next patch,
Arena FTW :cool:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:32 am

lili
No worries robb...those thing don't actually exist. They are only put there to torment people. They only drop when you are on a toon that can never use it. I blame blizzard. But if you check the helm from heroics i believe it has the same stats just sucks that it doesn't have the cool laugh, look, and need tokens. But at least it's 100% buy rate.
Babydolly Frost Mage 70
Pocky Protection Pally 70

I didn't fall from grace, I dove.
What do you mean my halo is lopsided, it's balanced perfectly on my horns.

Return to “=US= World of Warcraft”