OK, I've had it, respec time...

Our US players can be found on the Mannoroth PVP server!

Moderators: Global Moderators, WoW =US= Moderators

OK, I've had it, respec time...

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 10:37 pm

Ozone
So, my dps is through the roof. PvE I'm kickin ass, but PvP is a pain in the arse. Enhance shammies soloing are as good as cannon fodder.
I just got downed 3x last night by a 67 spriest (I'm 69 enhance). I blasted away with purge, earthshock, etc, yet still couldn't get within 20 yards of him.
Got pretty annoyed.
Bit later I'm out grinding mobs but am in great condition (90%hp). Hey, its a concussive shot then I got a pet all over me. Freeze the pet, charge the hunter, another concusssive shot, oh, here comes the pet. Blammo, downed by a 67 hunter before I could even get close enough to let loose with my dps.

SO! Getting together a set of +mp/heal/spell damage gear and its coming along quite well. Plan to solo till 70 (6 more bars), grind a bit for rep, then make the switch to resto/enhance before making any armor purchases.

Here's the build I'm considering. I want to be able to raid heal yet still be able to pack a wee bit of a spell punch when solo:
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... 5310510321

Also, is a shield worth the armor bonus, or should I look for a 'held in off hand' as I'll have Earth shield.

Thanks. :)

Oz
"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" George Bush, Jan. 11, 2000

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 7:08 pm

QuantumDelta
In PvE whatever has the better stats in your offhand (shield or offhand) will be what you wanna use, in PvP, definitely a shield.

ES is nice but in pvp pretty useless even with the changes.

Resto's strength in PvP comes from it's survivability, don't forget that a lot of the time between Earthshocks and heals you'll be aiming at outlasting your opponents mana, and you'll go from having been strong in melee with the melee classes, to strong against the ranged and ok/below average against the melee.

Ultimately, Shamans end up extremely capable of looking after themselves when they get epic gear, it's extremely hard to take down a S3 geared Shammy that knows how to play.
But again, you'll be weaker against the ones that can stun/interupt/MS/etc :P
Less you kite'em but that takes a lot of patience and knowledge of other classes abilities (cooldowns/talents/etc).

Edit:
Btw elemental is a good pairing for resto.
and why no mention of frostshock? it's also quite useful in pvp.
"Then, to hide their frailty, they hurt those who are kind.
I whisper farewell to this ugly world and dance nimbly with brilliant wings of red."

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 8:23 pm

Ozone
Argh, I don't really PvP too much and decided to get into it. The PvP iI was speaking of was world encounters. So Pad gave me my first run through AV today. Had a blast! And yes, I was Frostshocking like nuts.
I'm 3 bars from 70 and decided to (after explanation from Pad) stick at the 69 level to build up experience in the battlegrounds before capping 70.

This whole PvP has now put me in 2 minds. I did quite well with 9 killing blows and something like involvement in 67 kills, snagged 500 honor in about a half hour and, when not enjoying the hell out of it, was wondering, where am I in that mess? EOTS is this weekends special, so gonna go spend a bit of time playing in there.

Now I'm thinking I may just stick enhance. Gonna give it a weekend of PvP battlegrounds before making a decision though.

Next step is to figure out macros and restock my totems for PvP play (possible a enhance respec at 69 as well).
"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" George Bush, Jan. 11, 2000

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 8:29 pm

lili
One on one with my resto shammy i can pretty much out last anybody but be warned it takes forever to kill shit as resto sure i can out last any mob, but what's the point when it takes a minute to kill something when i can kill it in 10 seconds on my druid. For pvp I have not been killed unless it's out numbered, even if it's two dps against my shammy and something else. Rogues are my fav to kill, because even when they get you down to half health because you are stuned you can still recover back to full and still kill him (sering totem, frost shock, earth bind etc use them all to your advantage). Of course the battle usually takes 5 min or so longer if he cos and vanish and then come back again, but you will pretty much always win.
Babydolly Frost Mage 70
Pocky Protection Pally 70

I didn't fall from grace, I dove.
What do you mean my halo is lopsided, it's balanced perfectly on my horns.

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 3:35 am

Ozone
Mmm... first night of PvP as lvl69.

Ran AV, 4 EOTS and 2WG.

The first AV was a lot of fun, seemed to be some organization.

The other 6 were total clusterf**ks. No rhyme nor reason, everyone running amok, some alliance in capture the flag not even fighting, just running next to the flag carrier waiting for him/her to die so they could pick it up. Anyone trying to organize was either ignored or shot down. 10 people yelling out commands with no-one in charge. Towers left totally undefended...
and through it all, everyone is bitching cuz we're getting slaughtered beyond belief (in 3 of the games the final score was BELOW 300 for the alliance when horde hit 2000).

Er, if this is what I have to look forward to, I gotta say, I'm not enjoying it in the least. There's not even good nature jokes or fun, just a lot of selfishness and accusations. Thats not what I'm playing a game for.

Dunno if it changes at 70 or not, I hope so. Looking forward to guild instances, at least I know I'll have a blast there with you guys, but outside of that?

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 12:54 am

lili
hehe welcome to battle group ruin. Which is the reason why most alliance pvp with guilds or dont pvp at all. also why there's so many people getting together token runs where you let the hordes win as fast as they can. sometimes you get lucky and get with a good pug group when you do queue up as fast as you can when you get out so you can attempt to get into the same group again.
Babydolly Frost Mage 70
Pocky Protection Pally 70

I didn't fall from grace, I dove.
What do you mean my halo is lopsided, it's balanced perfectly on my horns.

Return to “=US= World of Warcraft”