Inputs for our Group Website

Moderator: Global Moderators

Inputs for our Group Website

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:48 am

LIGHTNING
As the title says, we could use some inputs for the group website. If you haven't yet checked it out, or visited it, here's the linky: http://www.shatteredstar.org/ssx/groups/conquer/
I always believed that the core of what made SSC great in the past, is here in the present and future of the SSX.
- LIGHTNING (September 22, 2005)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:17 pm

jozef
schweet

I wrote a lil pledge up for our group you might add to the site... If you like or want to change it. I don't know maybe it's trash, but just felt like expressing my mind:

SSX Pledge

Of respect I am - By trust bound
From former states of mind renown
To solemn oath here before
This SSX family evermore
Before all my blood is poured
By faith my soul in full restored
To fervently press in all good deed
And do all to honor the SSX Creed
Last edited by jozef on Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:24 pm

jozef
I'm also thinking personal pics and bio (this may be divided up by server if we eventually have multiple servers represented in this devision.
Char Name:
Guild Position (GL, DL, BM, etc):
Class:
Lvl:
Spouse:
RL Name:
Favorites (pass time, hobbies, food, etc.):
Personal vision:
????what else????

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:34 pm

LIGHTNING
I like the oath thing, but you should read the stuff about SSX in the main forums bro.

You'll find info like, we dont have ranks among the SSX, etc etc.

But, yeah, keep the inputs coming.
I always believed that the core of what made SSC great in the past, is here in the present and future of the SSX.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:13 pm

jozef
LIGHTNING wrote:I like the oath thing, but you should read the stuff about SSX in the main forums bro.

You'll find info like, we dont have ranks among the SSX, etc etc.

But, yeah, keep the inputs coming.
You mean on the guild position part? If so, I was referring to the general Conquer positions (guild leader, deputy leader, etc.).

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:09 am

polosatik
hey yar people :D .. hope dont mind me spamming on all the forums.. well wanted to say hi..and oh hey i see familiar faces.. ^_^ hie Jozef ^_^ oh yah wat i wanted to say.. its nice to have co website here :) so i feel just as proud u guys :))) .. oh yah the only thing i didnt get is why there were mentionings of other game? maybe i just got to wrong place by accidnet?.. ..and about pledge..O_o..Jozef..i respect u man..but dont u think its going a bit overboard??? :weird:
but the idea about pics and whos on wat server and wats not..i think its awsm.:))))
well dats all folks..sry for long message ;D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:23 am

Stracius
polosatik wrote:oh yah the only thing i didnt get is why there were mentionings of other game? maybe i just got to wrong place by accidnet?
Let me know if I'm wrong, but I'm guessing you refer to the other games that have their own forums? If that's the case, no mistake. SSX is a community, a guild if you will, that is about games. None specifically, and pretty much all games in particular. The game divisions just help stave off the chaos a bit ^,^ .

Whenever a new division starts, such as this one, it's just our excuse to make a seperate forum for yaz. That way we can watch the ensuing hectic activity usually associated with getting into a new game. And smile as we remember when we went through it all ourselves (and still do) ;D

And if none of this makes sense, don't worry. I make a habit of posting prior to going to sleep. I rather suspect that my brain often already has done so. Might explain the habit part I've made about it, anyway :p

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:08 pm

LIGHTNING
And thus, more Chaos ensues! Keep it up. I'm thinking following the colour scheme from the original CO Website. With all the golds and browns.

http://www.conqueronline.com

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:03 pm

polosatik
Stracius wrote:Let me know if I'm wrong, but I'm guessing you refer to the other games that have their own forums? If that's the case, no mistake.
:rolleyes: well.. naaaah.. er.. or yah?.. what i ment is when i clicked to check out the website of Conquer on this site..(again if this make sence)..like ok..u log to main website.. shatteredstar.org blah blah blah.. and then u see..oh my.. there is a link to Co Online..u click it..and then the window opens..and its a site allright but in main body of it , it talked about different other games..thats what trew me off abit.. :sweat:
but you did clear it up for me a bit thanx much.. heheh nice to know that someone actually reads my blabbering :lol: heheh..sometimes i tend to overkill things :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:08 pm

polosatik
LIGHTNING wrote:And thus, more Chaos ensues! Keep it up. I'm thinking following the colour scheme from the original CO Website. With all the golds and browns.

http://www.conqueronline.com
:) hey awsm idea, what else you think u gonna put in there?..pretty exiting to witness this sorta things in its beginnings :D are u gonna go along with Jozef's idea of putting in member list and names/nicknames and levels and and.. O_O so many things can be in the describtions.. and.. er.. maybe ..i dont know.make art gallery ..well its same idea as in original conquer website but we maybe can include not only screenshots but also like original art?(pensil drawings i mean) ??? well i dont know it this possible and how many people will actually do it.. just an idea..=D and and.. aaa bleh i think i better stop at that hehehe.. :D :p

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:09 am

jozef
I agree that personal art is a good idea.

Ya, the oath seems quite cheesy if you're not role playing. I do take the honor and trust part quite seriously when it comes to the guild. Perhaps our page needs to deal directly with issues that concern Conquer (i.e. members, guild enemies and allies, events, etc.). I didn't mean to get off track.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:40 am

LIGHTNING
No biggie. Back in Trust-&-Honour, we had an innitiation. You strip down all your equipment, carry all your most valuable belongings, and the Leader with 2 witnesses PKs them: After taking an oath. (Ask HoPeLeSsOne, and Yamma1.) Heh, hard to do, but it tests the Trust, and Honour part of the guild. We give the items they drop back ofcourse.

But yeah, I don't mind taking an oath of allegiance. Maybe use it as an intro to the site. It adds a Role Playing Style element to the game. I'll play along.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:56 am

polosatik
:sweat: well guys the oats or how u call that thing maybe peachy.. but *sigh*..honestly..maybe u (like both u and some other pplz) not agree with me..and no offence to anyone in this case.. i totally disagree with Carlos wen he came up with that lil scheme of his of stripping and droping items (i sure he still remembers)....or whoever came up with it..(since i dont know much i dont wanna give wrong credits).....i mean cmon.. strip down..get pked.. sorta kindergardenish :sweat: or maybe its just me being hard-headed (hope i used that word in a right meaning).. and just dont like any rules or something :smack: plz ..and i seriosly begg u..dont implement that thing again.. :shake:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:01 am

LIGHTNING
polosatik wrote::sweat: well guys the oats or how u call that thing maybe peachy.. but *sigh*..honestly..maybe u (like both u and some other pplz) not agree with me..and no offence to anyone in this case.. i totally disagree with Carlos wen he came up with that lil scheme of his of stripping and droping items (i sure he still remembers)....or whoever came up with it..(since i dont know much i dont wanna give wrong credits).....i mean cmon.. strip down..get pked.. sorta kindergardenish :sweat: or maybe its just me being hard-headed (hope i used that word in a right meaning).. and just dont like any rules or something :smack: plz ..and i seriosly begg u..dont implement that thing again.. :shake:
LoL, don't worry. We don't have to, and will not do that in the SSX.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:17 am

jozef
Ok Neocron 2 definitely has some tight stuff on thier group page:

http://www.shatteredstar.org/ssx/groups/neocron/

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:55 am

polosatik
jozef wrote:Ok Neocron 2 definitely has some tight stuff on thier group page:

http://www.shatteredstar.org/ssx/groups/neocron/
:thumb: OH HECK YA!!!! if similar but in conquer colors/scheme.. it be awsm.. :sweat: sry Carlos..i know its asking lots but..but.. but.. :sweat: :D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:31 pm

LIGHTNING
Ehh... I'm not making the website, LoL.

Its SSX-Anubis (aka Anny) whose making it for us. He wants inputs.

And the Neocron Site is schweet!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:22 am

Prince.Vegeta
alright, heres my 2 cents. befor i even started playing conquer Carlos told me bout the initiation from befor. and i totaly agreed with him, that definatly tested the trust factor. plus it was very hard core roleplaying, withs is what the rpg's are all about. i think the oath isnt a bad idea either. yes its kinda corny but we are playing a game here. you cant take everything too seriously but, there must be a decree of trust, respect and honour. im not sure about the website. tho i like josefs ideas about profiles for our conquer pc's, and about the whole no ranks, thing, thats all well and good but there really should be some sort of seniority level, like the older members have to be able to keep newcomers from screwing around and making us look bad, or getting our guild enemies, and such. im not sure what to suggest here but its also nice to see something other than 'guild member' next to your name once you've been with the group for a while, u know, makes u feal more important, respected, needed...etc. anyway, im blabering on about nothing now arent i?...haha. wel thats too much tyoing for now, tell me what u think of my incoherent mumbling.
"What we do in life, echoes in eternity"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:46 pm

Stracius
edit :: realized my reply to Prince.Vegeta's post was very offtopic, even if it addresses his concern. Making a new thread for it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:49 am

jozef
Stracius wrote:edit :: realized my reply to Prince.Vegeta's post was very offtopic, even if it addresses his concern. Making a new thread for it.
Ty for the courtesy.

Here is the char info for me if you want to use it Carlos (or whoever is setting up our page):

Character Name: JozeF
Class: Trojan
Reborn: Not yet
Level Range: 110-115
Spouse: None
About Me: For a living I work in graphic design, marketing, and general operations for a ministry. I play keyboards, bass, and guitar (mostly keys at church). I install high and low voltage wiring systems and also work with live sound reinforcement systems. Of course I love MMPORGs and the player vs player aspect. I just need to learn how to ss in Conquer.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:44 am

polosatik
:weird: btw.. whos (where) exctly the persy who said will help to set up Co page here? :/...
:confused: ..Hubz..is there anything u can try and put in urself. so there be at least general idea of what is it exactly..(besides the name of the page).. :( sry dont mean to criticize (if it looks as such).. just wonder when we can see co page will start having some substance to it.. :sweat:
Anaida (112, troj)/ Juna (113, arch)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:56 am

jhnrx
well, i think its c00L :cool:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:00 pm

LIGHTNING
Will try to get Anubis to update the site.

Will be PMing him now.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:19 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
I've been waiting for some sort of official reply before I updated anything, since I took it this thread was just suggestions. My mistake, my apologies. I'll get to work on the site asap, just give me a few days, got a bit of college work on my plate atm :thumb:

Will post here when I have applied a few major changes.

EDIT - I've messed with the colour scheme a bit, trying to match it to some of the colours on the Conquer Online main site, the golds and browns, as requested whilst leaving the main background as black. The main abnner is still the same, just ignore that for now.

http://www.deckersds.com/ssx/groups/conquer/index.html - Note that only the main page is changed atm since Im just trying to get a feel for the colours you want.

I've also changed wording so that the page is more personalised towards the group and not just 'this is an SSX group site', and also given you your own newsfeed.

Comments on that index so far? Wording ok? Colours ok/need changing?
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:09 am

polosatik
:D YAY.. it looks lil better =D at least not so general ^_^ tnx Anubis for starting to work on it..:))))) much appreciated :thumb:
Anaida (112, troj)/ Juna (113, arch)

Return to “Conquer Online”