A Question that plagues my mind everytime I play the game...

Moderator: Global Moderators

Do You Think Non-Registered Forum Users/SSX Members Be Kicked Out Of The In-Game Guild List?

Yes
33%
No
67%

Total votes: 6

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:13 pm

Stracius
Kahn wrote:Polo, why are you arguing so hard against the community?
Did I miss something :weird: ?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:17 pm

Kon
polosatik wrote:i am sure this community is awsm..but people sometimes dont even know about it existens and frankly not all care.. all they want to do is to join guild and be with friends they care about most (or many othere reasons )...
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:28 pm

SSX-Ava
Kahn wrote:If you don't care about that, then maybe you shouldn't be here. :shake:
I dont think theres any call for that dude, this is just a discussion to help the guys recruit in that game :P, lets try and keep it that way :), She stated that she didnt care about it at first but that doesnt mean she doesnt care now :) I honestly doubt someone would go to the trouble of posting here giving a different insight to the recruiting if they didnt care. I think i and some others could help them sort things out, without coming down to making cheap shots :. It hardly sets a welcoming atmosphere to the community now does it?.
Lets keep this civil shall we? :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:44 pm

Kon
Kahn wrote:If you don't care about that, then maybe you shouldn't be here. :shake:
I know Polo is here now, that was in response to what she said about possible recruits not caring. Sorry Polo if it sounded as if that was directed at you.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:02 pm

polosatik
Stracius wrote:
Kahn wrote:Polo, why are you arguing so hard against the community?
Did I miss something :weird: ?
apparantly i am the one who arguing against community....
well ..thing is..i dont arguing against.. but i have hard time agreeing with arguments people give about the vouching system (NOT on the site/forums) but in-guild (on game)...

P.S. i think i gave plenty examples why i am for letting people in...so it be ashame repeating them over and over..

P.P.S Kahn.. no offence taken..
Anaida (112, troj)/ Juna (113, arch)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:10 pm

Stracius
Sorry, but I don't see that as an argument against a community. Moreso her addressing concerns about people joining.

Maybe I'm a bit biased, and at the same time contradictory. When I was invited, I knew nothing about the community. I simply played a game with some people, and got to know the clan well enough that they asked me if I would join. It wasn't until later that I discovered the forums and everybody else.

It's that method that I'm familiar with, and perhaps most keen to. I feel that others should be given the same opportunity I was. If I had been pointed to a forum when I was invited, and told to sign up first, I might not have. I honestly wasn't interested at the time. Did that mean I wasn't member material? I hope not :sweat:

Make them aware of the forums before inviting? It's another method. I don't see what's wrong with using one or the other. But, again, maybe that's because I'm biased :p

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:21 pm

Kon
When I was accepted into FS2 after playing with Lighty and Ell for awhile, they told me to go register on the forums and say "Hi." I thought that was the way we had always done it? If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:33 pm

SSX-Killjoy
The tried and true facts of guilding in games is this:
There will always be those who are part of the guild and not part of the community.

We know who they are, they aren't hidden from view, so to speak. It is not a bad thing that they don't want to be part of the bigger community. They will show up in time.

The one thing to keep in mind that this is a MMO like WoW, and there is a large group of people who live in the game they are playing, and don't even really take into account that there is more to everything than that next weapon, level, etc. Especially if their real life friends are doing it with them. However, no matter how good the game, eventually they wonder to other games. They try different things.

As they go to the different games and they play with those who do not feel about games the way SSX members do, it is noticed. After awhile it is missed. Why do you think we have so few members who have ever left without coming back? Sure some have left, and many have joined; and most importantly MOST have stayed.

So believe in what we believe in, Friendship and Fun. Help others to see it and believe in it, don't force them or they will reject it all out right. Trust in the fact that meeting us does in fact usually turn out to be a positive. Even those that never join us, regard us highly. That in itself is an acheivement.

/me gets spiritual
Go now my son and spread forth the fruits of they labor..

hahahaha.. Sorry.. couldn't resist.. The last paragraph just left me feeling like a prophet from the bible.. :lol:

Hope this all helps.. And good luck with any decisions you guys make for your guild and comrades.. :)
================================
I will be forever Shattered Star, but only as an
EXILE can I find peace in this lifetime.
================================

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:12 pm

polosatik
SSX-Killjoy wrote:/me gets spiritual
Go now my son and spread forth the fruits of they labor..

hahahaha.. Sorry.. couldn't resist.. The last paragraph just left me feeling like a prophet from the bible.. :lol:

Hope this all helps.. And good luck with any decisions you guys make for your guild and comrades.. :)
HAHAHA....

~AMEN~ Father :p

P.S. pardon for not quotting everything written.. but woulda been one heck o'va quote :sweat:
Kahn wrote:When I was accepted into FS2 after playing with Lighty and Ell for awhile, they told me to go register on the forums and say "Hi." I thought that was the way we had always done it? If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
u could've say same about lightbulb ( if it aint brok, dont fix), but i dont see many people rejecting use of chandelier.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:01 pm

LIGHTNING
Kahn wrote:When I was accepted into FS2 after playing with Lighty and Ell for awhile, they told me to go register on the forums and say "Hi." I thought that was the way we had always done it? If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
??? Was :sweat: I one of the people that vouched for you?? Dude, that was so long ago!!

Just a note, to believe it or not, This discussion seems heated, but I think it's all because we care. We care for others, and we care about our community.

I think polosatik is just trying to stick up for the in-game members who are real noobs. I would like to address the fact that the game is free, and most of the in-game community is based around the age of 8-18. Since most of the players can't afford to pay for an MMORPG. So I hope that this fact has been taken to account. (Looks back at Crusader's and Smavin's Application, both are around the age of 12-16) So there is a certain maturity level that some players have not reached. Don't get me wrong, I joined the SSC when I was 14-15 years old.
SSX-Killjoy wrote:

Why do you think we have so few members who have ever left without coming back? Sure some have left, and many have joined; and most importantly MOST have stayed.

So believe in what we believe in, Friendship and Fun. Help others to see it and believe in it, don't force them or they will reject it all out right. Trust in the fact that meeting us does in fact usually turn out to be a positive. Even those that never join us, regard us highly. That in itself is an acheivement.
Well putted. To help clarify, this guild/organization/community, is about having people come together, and having fun. We are not the best, or claim to be, but by choosing our members carefully, and choose the right, and good people to be in it, "the cream rises to the top" as to speak, and we become better and better, and hopefully becoming one of the best.

@polosatik:

*Kisses her*

It's your mother-like instincts kickin' in. :thumb: You want to give the non-vouched members the benefit of a doubt, but the fact is, the vouching system has been tried and proven, and it is because of it, that the SSX community has grown to what it is today, full of wonderful people.

Here, here's something to look at. It brings a tear in my eye everytime:

http://www.shatteredstar.org/ssx/forums ... php?t=1895
I always believed that the core of what made SSC great in the past, is here in the present and future of the SSX.
- LIGHTNING (September 22, 2005)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:30 pm

polosatik
Alas, its true..cant help it.. :sweat:

thank you for good discussiong everyone ! :)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:56 am

Svarog
holy sh*t dis some big discussion battle :eek:
Frag the Weak, Hurdle the Dead!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:07 am

LIGHTNING
Svarog wrote:holy sh*t dis some big discussion battle :eek:
Not a battle. Take the time to read it please. There's some good arguements in it.
I always believed that the core of what made SSC great in the past, is here in the present and future of the SSX.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:09 am

Kon
By Lighty I meant Lightspeed, I would think that's why you don't remember. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:27 am

Svarog
But im sooo lazy :rolleyes:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:50 am

Smavin
I like what Lightning said about kicking every1 that hasnt join the forum

well i have an idea

in the phonix server i was in a guild were you had to make two freinds in the guild you wanted to join and once you had them they told me about the guild website were i had to join the forum like this and i had to apply

in the application i had to say which members of the guild were my freinds and wat class i was and my lvl

after that the people i said were my freinds verifyed i was a good person then i was in the guild i took me about a week to do it but when i got in i realised it was a great guild every1 was kind and very helpful and it was more of a community than this

(no Offence)
but what i mean is that every1 didnt fight or squabble it was abit more organised in the issues you are faccing now with the Quality or Quantity they chose Quality first but with that they started to get big they had both quantity but the Quantity was Quality people but i was in the guild for a year before they took part in the guild war

so that an idea

y dont we do something like that
i mean it might not work in this guild but its always worth a try

so thats my idea
Characters-Arkilies Lvl 65
Hi To My Freinds--Juna,Carlos.Jr,Anaida

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:03 am

polosatik
yah Arki. few argued same type of point u just brought..
:sweat: dont mean i personally still agree with it.. but then again..i cant fight over my opinion or try to protect other's interests..for ages,... when so many have different views( which seem to work in their game/case)...thus i capitulate (for now..and not at heart)
..besides Carlos already started kicking..maybe thats for good.. (so far i agreed with the kicks he made)..

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:07 pm

LIGHTNING
Smavin wrote:
in the phonix server i was in a guild were you had to make two freinds in the guild you wanted to join and once you had them they told me about the guild website were i had to join the forum like this and i had to apply

in the application i had to say which members of the guild were my freinds and wat class i was and my lvl

after that the people i said were my freinds verifyed i was a good person then i was in the guild i took me about a week to do it but when i got in i realised it was a great guild every1 was kind and very helpful and it was more of a community than this
That's the system that we have in the SSX. It's the vouching system. It's what you have to do to join the SSX.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:20 pm

Kon
Smarvin, as Lightning said, our system is 100% exactly the same as the one you described. :weird: We have already settled this issue numerous times, but for some reason it comes up again in every new game..... :confused:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:08 pm

Stracius
Kahn wrote:Smarvin, as Lightning said, our system is 100% exactly the same as the one you described.
Thank you for reiterating what Lightning already said :p

It happens in new games because we get new players. Perhaps you'd like to come up with a foolproof way to stop it? In the mean time I don't mind explaining it to new people.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:11 pm

Kon
Stracius wrote:Thank you for reiterating what Lightning already said :p
Doh! Owned. :sweat: :lol:
Stracius wrote:It happens in new games because we get new players. Perhaps you'd like to come up with a foolproof way to stop it? In the mean time I don't mind explaining it to new people.
Sticky the vouching system and why we have it in the General Forum, Members Forum, the main site, and in every new group forum we get. This debate is getting annoying considering it's the third time. :smack:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:05 am

Svarog
Yeah, that would certainly help, but as I said kicking very active players whom have not registered is a mistake, its not that hard to convince them to register ;D not everyone is forum-savvy and a little encouragement wouldnt hurt, and is a better solution than kicking...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:17 am

polosatik
Svarog wrote:Yeah, that would certainly help, but as I said kicking very active players whom have not registered is a mistake, its not that hard to convince them to register ;D not everyone is forum-savvy and a little encouragement wouldnt hurt, and is a better solution than kicking...
:thumb: i'll be right beside u on that one m8 :thumb:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:25 am

Stracius
Hrm, maybe I should've been a bit more detailed in what I meant by explain before kicking. I agree, if you can get them to register and (if they're not vouched for) find vouchers, do so first. Kicking would be the alternative.

Let the ones who were kicked know that it's not a permanent thing, and they're welcome back if they meet your requirements. Unless you kicked them for some other reason :p

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:37 am

Svarog
Lucky we have Carlos.Jr to take care of the kicking...

Return to “Conquer Online”