Monamy's Application

Interested in joining our US players in WoW? Leave your applications here.

Moderators: Global Moderators, WoW =US= Moderators

Monamy's Application

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:00 pm

Monamy
I'm not so good when it comes to such applications, so bear with me alittle :sweat:

<Me>

My name is Monamy (will stick to that name, since names could sound strange from one land to another), a 22 years old dude, I love reading the most, love it to the point of writing my own stories and making RPGs with personal storylines, although most of them are not finished, but enough about that 8D

Playing an online RPG made me play and make friends in one shot, so that was my very start in the online world, I wasn't really the PC kinda guy, but hey! I changed...

My two brothers, Mil being one of them, are playing WoW and so I played along, and my sister played with us soon after too.. Mil's RL friend, Xenosteel, was playing WoW too, and we joined the same guild, just for the heck of it.. But that guild's leaders left the game, giving all the leadingship to a kid named Tauy, who made the guild go crackers for no good reason, and made his own guild just to "limit numbers" and get only the active ppl...

I played this game for about 2 years now, and I loved making friends as much as playing.. True, I might not be the kind that plays alot, but I like to be of help at most times, offering help to someone in need is my way of "enjoying" my time in the game.. And, based on what I've read so far and what Xeno told me, I'm getting a very good first-impresion about you guys, and just can't wait to meet you all online..

If, maybe, you want more info about me, I'll be glad to shoot.. Here or in the game.. Just ask away :)

<Application Info>

What's your character's name? (needed to contact you in game)

Same, Monamy (I have alts too, but I don't really log much with them).

What got you started playing WoW?

As I explained earlier, I wasn't really into online playing, but my brothers started playing online in Diablo, Diablo2, FFXI and WoW, so I started playing along with them, and I'm happy that I did :)

How did you hear about SSX and what makes you believe this guild is right for you?

Actually, I've just heard Xenosteel talking about it with Mil the other day, and just happened to be online with them, just discussing the policy of SSX made me open my eyes wide.. I looked for such a guild since I played the game, a guild that doesn't know you for how good you play, or how good your gear is, or how many dungeons you cleared.. but they know you for the person you are.

Who do you know that is already in the guild and how did you meet them?

I don't believe I met anyone in the game, since the name of the guild was strange to me and never heard of it before Xeno's talk with Mil.. But, I've seen Xeno lately and he was in the guild, so yea.. I know Xenosteel, if that counts.

As for how did I meet him, it is even before playing the game.. Since Xenosteel is Mil's RL friend, they hang out often, and Mil takes me along when I'm in the mood (yea, I don't hang out much, I like reading instead).

What other guilds were you in previously and why did you leave them? (Lies in this section usually come out and will most likely result in non acceptance, so be truthful... )

<Warning: this could be boring, just so you know>

My first guild was........ Fatty's Super Heros :weird:
As ridiculous as the name sounds, so goes for the members.. The guild leader's name is Fatty, so you should get the whole picture by now.. The guild wasn't that bad.. well, putting aside that most of them NEVER log, attitude was a real problem, many insults now and then, and for stupid, almost no reason at all.. All that is enough for me to leave a guild.

Second guild was a guild that I forgot its name, but still remember it
A guild that had many hatred feelings from others, for its notoriousness in playing the game, such as kicking party-members just to invite a friend that also needs the same quest/instance/drop, or looting the chest without rolling, or even rolling need on things they can't wear just for money.. I left that guild after 1 week of joinning.

Third attempt to find a guild was Tattered Virtue (TV) which is a really well-known guild in Mannaroth server. <Long>

TV was, out of the three, the best guild; good friendships, raiding guild, funny members... Although they still had some negative points about them such as insults and bad words, most of them were jokes and friendly or your avarage "just kidding, yo" things.. I thought I was staying for good, 'til the leaders of the guild, Romance and Tristanz, left the game and gave leadership to Tauy, a kid that was raiding alot in the guild (heard his voice in vent).

the guild had some "cooldown" period were raids, activities, meetings and stuff stopped.. Still, I was having a good time with my friends in the guild.. But one day, I logged and found myself guildless, and went on searching for ppl in the guild using "/who Tattered" but that didn't work.. Finally, I found Shutmeup (a friend of mine in the guild), and asked him about the guild, and was blasted to pieces when he said that Tauy reformed the guild to Evolved without putting any notice in /gnote or saying something in the guild.. Still, I wanted to join that Evolved of his, but found it rather hard, man friends I knew in TV are not in the new guild, untill Mil asked Skipp (an active leader of TV) about me, Skipp said "Being a member of TV doesn't garantee him to join"

So.. What? Are you "picking" the members you want?! What a crazy thing he did, I thought.. Soon after, I got really mad, as Xeno told me that Tauy himself doesn't want "me" in the guild for appearantly no good reason, and said that the guild is going to be a closed guild of 40 members or so, just for raiding.. I was like WTH? Guilds are not there for raiding!! Guilds are not there for game issues, it's there for making friends and help others..

Even so, Mil "somehow" convenced Skipp to send me an invite (maybe Skipp didn't know that Tauy doesn't want me in) and now I'm in Evolved, but none of my older friends are here, I felt so left out, everyone was talking about "how do I do this quest" and "where does this drop" and "which is better, A or B".. All the guild chat is filled with this, I truely felt the need to leave this guild, it's no longer a game in there, it's a matter of life or death, it's a matter of being the best of the best of the best, it's about hitting the top while laughing at everyone else under you.. IT'S JUST SO FREAKING SICK!! That great TV guild didn't really "evolve" but rather sank into a disgraceful lvl under the mud, and I'm sure Romance and Tristanz will be most unpleased if they knew what happened :mad:

It was about that time that I've heard of you guys, and how the policy of friends first game second is taking event there.. Just hearing Xeno speaking almost made me type "tell me site now plz".. And you guys might think I'm the type that leaves guilds alot, but I won't say anything about that cuz you have the full right to think what you want, since I've been in 4 guilds and all.. But I asure you, you won't regrit giving me a chance..

Have you applied to any other guilds recently? If so, which ones and have you already received a response to your application?

No, I haven't. Although I thought about applying to Legacy of Khan because Xenosteel applied there, but never really did so.

What are the most important qualities of a good guild to you?

If I'm to talk about this question, I might just take too much time doing that... So, to make it extremely short, the ubberly most important 2 qualities in a good guild are Positivity and Being friendly; you'll find many other good stuff coming to the players and those who play around them from those 2 qualities.

<Just ask me of anything else you need to know about me in this thread, and I'll be happy to reply to you>

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:02 am

Xenosteel
next time type your application in MS Word and use spellcheck, instead of doing it in notepad :shake:

jk :D

Sorry 2:00 am I didn't real a single word, imma check later I guess

tomorrow is first day of uni for me, god >_< :smack: :smack: :smack:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:15 pm

Monamy
Xenosteel wrote:next time type your application in MS Word and use spellcheck, instead of doing it in notepad :shake:
Well, doing so won't make my English improve, writing it here without using MS Word will make me notice my mistakes and try to correct them in the future, or find someone as kind as you that point my mistakes for me to correct them :)

Sorry 2:00 am I didn't real a single word
Better make sure you sleep well before posting a reply, Xeno..
Or else you might do the same mistakes you are pointing for others XD

No, I'm not kidding.. Go sleep, man!! :sweat:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:38 pm

lili
spell check is over rated. msg me in game if you haven't gotten an invite.
Babydolly Frost Mage 70
Pocky Protection Pally 70

I didn't fall from grace, I dove.
What do you mean my halo is lopsided, it's balanced perfectly on my horns.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:54 am

Monamy
wopsy, never noticed this reply before joinning the guild.. :sweat:
Me bad!!

Thanks tho, lili.. *bow~*

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:19 pm

undrin
Glad to see you in the guild. I will see you in game! :D
Xbox One: Auravil come and visit sometime!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:09 pm

Xenosteel
Sorry 2:00 am I didn't real a single word
Working as intended. This is too advanced English for you to handle, mona :D

Return to “=US= WoW Recruitment”