Debating a complete move out of WH space

Moderators: EvE Moderators, Global Moderators

Debating a complete move out of WH space

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:10 pm

Stracius
And bringing Ald up into NullSec to help with mining ops. I've enjoyed Rock, but two things have been going against it anymore. First and foremost, prices on sleeper salvage and Sig. site drops have lowered to the point where I don't make enough money to keep me interested. Granted, this is mostly lower-class WH loot, since it'd mostly be stuff I have to solo to obtain - which brings me to my second point. Accessing the higher level stuff requires more people than we have, and I don't see that changing anytime in the near future, especially with the Incursion release.

Right now I have T'falkre in Nullsec helping with combat, which is what I made him for, and Ald in WH space for the occasional industrial effort. I don't care so much to have my toons split up, and I suspect the mining in Null is comparable to what is found in WH space (Ladar sites aside). He's more vulnerable in Null, of course, as the likeliness of hostiles is much higher - part of the reason he has remained in Rock. That and in case I need to bring T'falkre back inside(outside?) to provide assistance with anything. Not to mention that it's a decent WH spot, and I'd hate to leave KJ out there all by himself with the only keys to the house.

Thoughts? Anyone see any likelihood of a re-interest in Rock in the foreseeable future?
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

Re: Debating a complete move out of WH space

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:33 am

SL33PY
depends on how fast I can get my toon wh space mining able

With the learning skills fased out, I can invest the 13 mill of skill points in other stuff that I need for flying a decent mining craft (and some base defenses)

How safe is mining in the wh?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:02 am

winbrian
As long you use the directional scanner and keep an eye out for scan probes or combat probes every 10 seconds or so. You will almost never get caught mining. Mining in w-space is not like known space. You have to actually have to scan the sites down, if there is one. Just know in w-space there is no beacon, meaning you won't know if someone is in the local unless you spot them in range of your directional scanner or see probes that doesn't belong to you or friends.

Honestly mining sucks in w-space right now with the prices of ore/minerals are a lot lower than it was 1 year ago. Same goes for gas in the lower class w-space. The more expensive gas can be found in class 5 and 6. But it takes the longest to mine. You might be better off ratting in the alliance's 0.0 space somewhere. Oz said you can make a lot from that.

Really w-space is boring me now since we lack active members to run class 5 sleeper sites. Plus it gets annoying to scan everything down, but it is your only way in and out of the space.

Now that we are in a big 0.0 alliance I'm more interested going to 0.0 space.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:44 pm

SL33PY
I can completely follow your thinking winnie. Members like me (-sorry-) don't really bring much to the table, besides some random chatter every now and then. For me, WH or not, the most important thing is that I'm doing it with you guys, I just need to get into it a bit more. I keep my toon active, but the actual playing will be limited I guess. Soon I'll have more time due to the holidays (I hope at least). We'll see I guess.

Also a buddy of mine at work reactivated his toon with incursion. Might introduce him to the bunch. I guess I'd be more active with more players from the EU

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:04 pm

Stracius
It takes a surprisingly small amount of time to get someone able to do something in WH space, from combat to mining to simply scanning. To assume that you or anyone else may have little to bring into the group is a mistake at best. The main thing is presence; if you're there, that alone brings support. Anything beyond that is cherry.
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:47 pm

SL33PY
good, we'll make Drechlas viable for mining ops with the learning skills dissapearance then. If I can get him profitable I might start a second toon foor PvE / PvP piloting while keeping drech for industry / trade / ...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:21 am

Theoroshia
You aren't taking Rock down though, are you? It would suck to come back (one day, when I have the time) and not have Rock there; Rock really was the funnest part, to me, in SSX. Had a lot of good times down there; it'd be a shame to abandon it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:49 pm

Stracius
And here you already moved out of it, complaining that it's no fun because nobody's in there anymore :p

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:32 am

Kon
Oh man, I haven't checked the Eve forum in a while. Seems like not that long ago that you guys were all gung-ho on the wormhole stuff. I guess things really do change fast with that player economy.

Good to see you're still lingering around Theo; though it's a shame you quit Eve. :( You should hop on IRC more often with the rest of us gameless ones.
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:41 pm

SL33PY
what are you doing here?! Back in the game you two, we want you :(

Return to “EvE Online”