Moderators: EvE Moderators, Global Moderators

Re: Dust 514

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:41 pm

SL33PY
it's F2P... always afaik :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:53 am

Thunderbird
Hah, my memory was off. It was the Starter Pack for the game that had a price tag for non-Plus users but free to PS+ users. Might as well snag that too.

And I see the game supports the PS Move (made obvious by the wrist strap screen). Wonder if the Move controls are decent, as I do have one.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:05 pm

Lee
I have just started downloading this.
Recevied an email from PSN a while back about it and had a quick look and thought the crossover of playstyle in an mmo is certainly interesting but didnt really go any further.
Its been a year or soething stupid since i actually played on the ol' ps3 so thought 'why not?' as its f2p.

I'm sure i will be beyond useless while i try to actually learn how it works... but if i figure out how to message/join etc. then i shall.
Eeks.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:16 am

Stracius
We've a few others that I know of that might have some pointers. Rock-n-roll is who I've been seeing the most of lately, as well as Killjoy, T-bird, and Khizune as fellow Dusters to my knowledge. I think Winbrian has a character running about too. I'm looking forward to seeing how the two worlds can interact (mostly as a pilot of a dreadnought that wants to rain death upon the unclean).
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:32 am

Thunderbird
I don't touch my PS3 a whole hell of a lot, so I don't know how much you'll actually see of me in there. Though I tried to connect last night only to get a bunch of errors and eventually wind up disconnecting from PSN altogether.

I could not find an actual tutorial mission for battles, and I'd rather not go headlong into it without one. That and the apparent lack of PvE (my preference) is a bit disconcerting.

I do like the skill training system that's present in the game though (if EvE's not made that change already, they should :P).

Though the game may wind up making me get a USB hub, as two USB ports can't really cover a keyboard, a charging cable, and the PS Eye that's needed for the Move controller (if a game implements it well, that's far and beyond my preferred control scheme).

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:43 am

Rock-n-Roll
I play quite a bit. I've tried a number of different builds and I seem to do my best work as a Logi. Basically a field medic with a sub machine gun. I think the more secondary nature of the character type keeps me from doing stupid things like running headlong into fire fights a can;t win as I am one of the worst gunners in the history of games ;)

SMG is short range, high RoF which suits my spray and pray style very well. Generally I try to follow small packs of blue guys around, keep them upright and add in seconday fire as I can. This has led to some very high scores and happy team memebers as medics are in short supply.

My other most successful build has been a straight assault rifle build. Sort of the bread and butter, non-specialized role in the game.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:49 am

Thunderbird
I don't know how many (if any) follow the Playstation Blog, but this popped up there earlier today

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/04/ ... m-upgrade/

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:11 pm

winbrian
I haven't played Dust that much at all, but they are currently having Eve Fanfest. They did show the upcoming changes to both Eve Online and Dust 514. Big improvements to Dust 514's graphics. They will also open Dust open to Low security space. Plus many more improvements they didn't go over during their keynote. Will be real interesting to see what all the changes were.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:45 pm

Rock-n-Roll
Respec becoming available on May 6th. I'm very much looking forward to this so I can correct the many mistakes I have made along the way so far.

I currently have a standard AR Assault build, Logi build and Sniper build.

I plan on respeccing my Logi into a better logi with an AV secondary role.

My AR will remain an AR build as they really are the backbone of the universe. I will probably eventually give him a secondary role as a vehicle pilot.

My sniper will become more sniper. Snipers are sort of the noob class of the game but you almost have to have one. If the other team decides to go sniping, you better know how to counter-snipe.

My buggest issue with the game as it stands right now is that you have to disconnect to switch characters. If they can fix that little PITA, I'd be a happy camper. I need to remember to bring my sniper in house one of these days ;)

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 7:18 pm

winbrian
Due to recent changes to alliance policies . All dust players will be removed from our corporation.

This will also effect Eve Online player as well. Inactive Eve Online players will also be removed. Should you return, re-submit an app to the corporation.

There is one corporation called GRIM MARCH [XGMX] they are a really large dust corporation and are within the top 10 fighting forces on Dust. Should you want to join them send them an application.

Should alliance policy change in the future, a notice will be posted here in this thread.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 7:34 pm

Stracius
No sir, I do not care for this one. I'd rather they encouraged it as an option for dust players than not allowing corp members to remain where they wish.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 2:12 am

Rock-n-Roll
Out of curiosity, what was the reasoning for this? I'm good with it as I've been running alongside another corp anyhow and they will likely take me in, but this just seems like an odd restriction.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 9:20 am

Stracius
I suspect it mainly had to do with how dust players counted toward a corporation's total member count. This is not a problem, unless that number is being used to monitor activity and participation for alliances (dust players cannot participate in fleet actions, thereby decreasing the ratio of participating members). The simplest way to account for dust players is to either not have them at all - throw them all into one corp specifically set up for their existence.

I'm hoping they'll come up with a better system to address this as I think this only serves to isolate dust players from EVE players, exactly the opposite of what CCP is trying to make happen.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 11:16 pm

Rock-n-Roll
Well, I will most likely end up in Havok Corps, so send me an in game email if you end up needing mercs for PC. I don't think they are associated with any particular Eve corp. You can drop a line here as well, but I'm likely to see it sooner in email since an annoying envelope flashes at me there ;)

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 1:00 pm

Thunderbird
I have to say, it seems rather sad that such a thing (removing DUST 514 players and inactive players) is necessary, but eh, I haven't played either game for awhile (especially EvE).

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 5:55 am

SL33PY
we now bird :'( we have missed you too, so resub after oddesey! The big Oz is back too!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:02 pm

Rock-n-Roll
So been chugging along in DUST, playing almost daily. The corp is doing well. We have been playing PC and have pretty much handled all comers except for Outer.Heaven. They are one of the best corps in the game and we were the first to hand them a loss. That made them keep coming at us ;) We lose to them more than we win but are one of the only corps that has been able to stand up to them.

Corp name is Havok Core and is part of the Rise of Legion alliance.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:31 am

Wolfman
Rock, I watched a review on this and it looks like it could be fun. How do you get started? I have a PS3 that I barely use.

I think I'll give it a try to see if I like it.
Wolfman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:07 am

SL33PY
afaik: search DUST 514 in the online shop thingy of sony and download it....

the end :)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:08 pm

Thunderbird

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:03 pm

Rock-n-Roll
Wolfman wrote:Rock, I watched a review on this and it looks like it could be fun. How do you get started? I have a PS3 that I barely use.

I think I'll give it a try to see if I like it.
Come play! The 1.2 patch went in last week and it has seriously smoothed out some of the gameplay issues. I'd love running with you again. Just go to the PS store and download it. That's pretty much it. Don't spend any of your SP until you speak to me or some others in my corp (which of course I'll fast track you into) Once you spend your skills there's no going back so you are actually better off just using the free gear for awhile until you figure out what you like to play with. Also lets you build up a nice pool of SP and ISK while you do it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:20 pm

Theoroshia
Hopefully I wasn't kicked :(

I'm still training!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:49 am

SL33PY
1.3 was released last tuesday afaik

Return to “EvE Online”