Dust 514

Moderators: EvE Moderators, Global Moderators

Dust 514

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:29 pm

Rock-n-Roll
Anyone going to be playing Dust on the PS3 as a ground arm to the EVE division?

Re: Dust 514

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:04 am

Kon
I wish. No PS3.

Paging non-EVE players with PS3s.
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:45 pm

Rock-n-Roll
That would be me!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:01 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Does it require a subscription? Might pick it up if not as something to play casually, but I'm not looking for a sub-based MMO right now :blank:
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:41 pm

Rock-n-Roll
Everything I have read says F2P.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:01 am

Anubis
Site Admin
Hmmmm...interesting. I will have to cast an investigative net at weekend :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:22 am

M.Steiner
I followed this once upon a time... It's supposed to be free-to-play but it's not a MMORPG, Anny. Tis a MMOFPS like Planetside 2.
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:35 pm

Rock-n-Roll
So I Dl'd the beta for this the other night. Have not really gotten a chance to play yet though. Interface is very much like EVE as is the skills system.

More to come as I have time to try it out.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:41 am

SL33PY
I can recruit you into our corp if you're staying around :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:27 pm

Rock-n-Roll
I'm sure I'll be on at least from time to time

Got to ply a little last night. An instruction manual would be an awesome thing. Controls are basically CoD controls, which is easy to adjust to. I need to figure out what to use. I'm trash as a sniper, did pretty well with an enforcer, though I wish there was a gun with a scope (might be I just have not found it yet) The open iron sights can be tough to use at range.

Not quite sure what skills to go after. Might try to toy around with a vehicle tonight as I spent last night with an assault rifle.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:28 pm

winbrian
Be sure to join the SSX_PUBLIC channel. You can talk to us eve guys too.
You will also be able to apply to join our corp. I haven't played Dust 514 enough to know how to
search up Shattered Star Exiles corporation, but I know KJ has a Dust character in the corp now.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:45 pm

Rock-n-Roll
I'll do that. Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:56 pm

Rock-n-Roll
Played a bit more this morning, just before servers went down. K/D ratio is starting to get better, but still not at a useful place yet. Just working on skilling up bit to get access to some better weapons as everyone else seems to be running around with much better hardware than I am. Strangely, I seem to play my best when I run out of ammo are am using a missle launcher and am forced to go to pistol. I think I have more pistol kills than all other weapons combined. Very odd.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:24 pm

Rock-n-Roll
So apparently you need to pay to use voice chat? That kind of sucks, especially as the PS3 isn't exactly typing friendly.

Enjoying the game so far. I think I have found what guns I am best using and am starting to get a feel for things. I still suck, just not as bad.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:05 pm

Stracius
I was under the impression that voice chat was available for teams and squads, and only corporation voice chat was restricted to those that pay for it.

Our corp's alliance has a voice server, Teamspeak, which you can use upon joining and registering. However, that won't let you talk to others not in the same corp/alliance with you :p (also you'd need a nearby computer or smartphone w/ app)
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:00 pm

SL33PY
small correction, to the above, we use mumble and not teamspeak :)

in the end it does the same :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:43 am

Stracius
Well that would explain why I haven't been able to log onto their voice comms for a while.
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:13 am

SL33PY
I'll link you the comms thread on the monkey forums in the war room later, i'm at work now, sma forums are blocked here :(

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:02 pm

Stracius
No need, already fixed it. I can't say the same for Goonfleet's. Something about Mumble, shoddy programming, and the apostrophe in user names.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:39 pm

Rock-n-Roll
Do may others play Dust and what are your names in game?

I'm finding that running solo is brutal, but when you can hook up with even a couple of other people, the game becomes much easier as you can focus enemies down and have someone watch your back while hacking things. I've gotten into some impromptu groups of people who just decided to clump up and go and it has been pretty effective. I imagine it would be even more so with roles.

Currently saving SP to level up shield skills to try to become a bit more survivable. Also finding that using the generic assault seems to do me the best because I'm not worried about surviving and ISK cost of dying with good equipment. I don't have access to super equipment yet, but it already is costing me 32k per life if I use one of the suits I have built out. Also getting much better at aiming with a normal assault rifle instead of a scoped one.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:40 pm

Rock-n-Roll
Do may others play Dust and what are your names in game?

I'm finding that running solo is brutal, but when you can hook up with even a couple of other people, the game becomes much easier as you can focus enemies down and have someone watch your back while hacking things. I've gotten into some impromptu groups of people who just decided to clump up and go and it has been pretty effective. I imagine it would be even more so with roles.

Currently saving SP to level up shield skills to try to become a bit more survivable. Also finding that using the generic assault seems to do me the best because I'm not worried about surviving and ISK cost of dying with good equipment. I don't have access to super equipment yet, but it already is costing me 32k per life if I use one of the suits I have built out. Also getting much better at aiming with a normal assault rifle instead of a scoped one.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:13 pm

Stracius
I have not a PS3 or I'd be playing it too. I'm sure we've other owners, but whether they have interest in a free MMFPS, or even aware of it, is something I'd be curious to know.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:01 pm

Rock-n-Roll
Is this worth maybe throwing out there in the General Discussion forum? If you didn't know about it or didn't care about EVE, you may not ever even browse down here.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:34 am

SL33PY
You can start a topic in general, since it's ps3 specific and something different. Wouldn't drag this thread around the forum

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:19 am

Thunderbird
I suppose I should give this game a download, since it's free to PS+ users.

Return to “EvE Online”