Adding EvE to the Steam game list

Moderators: EvE Moderators, Global Moderators

Adding EvE to the Steam game list

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:35 pm

Thunderbird
Anyone know if this is possible without going through the Steam Store and essentially buying another account?

Re: Adding EvE to the Steam game list

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:43 am

Stracius
You can add non-Steam games to your library. It won't recognize it as the same game as the one you can purchase through Steam. Doing this has two effects: 1) you can now launch the game from inside the steam client (merely a convenience factor). 2) You will appear to friends as playing a game, "In non-Steam game (gamename)".

I'm not sure if this is what you were hoping for, but in case you are here's how to do it:
Launch Steam
Open the Games menu
Choose Add a non-steam game to my library
Click the browse button on the new window that pops up. EVE.exe may show up in the list, but I recommend using the launcher file instead as it handles all the patching. The launcher can be found in the launcher directory in the main EVE folder (EVE\launcher\launcher.exe).
Select the launcher.exe file and click open.
Click Add selected programs.

This will add the game to your library with the name "launcher", and launching it will display your status as
"In non-Steam game launcher"

Right-click on the game in your steam library and change its name from launcher to EVE Online, or whatever you want to call it. You'll now show up as
"In non-Steam game EVE Online"

Profit!

Otherwise you have to purchase the game through Steam.
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:52 am

Thunderbird
Silly me missed the browse button in there.

What's funny is that Play EvE (Safe Mode) shows up on the autogenerated list :p.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:03 am

Stracius
Yeah, I noticed the same thing. Bit odd, that. Didn't even realize there was a safe mode.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:58 am

SL33PY
I actually own eve as a steam game.. i just don't run it trough steam because it takes too long to boot, I have eve pinned on my taskbar :)

Return to “EvE Online”