Curious

Moderators: EvE Moderators, Global Moderators

Curious

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:11 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
http://www.theverge.com/2013/7/28/45655 ... in-history

Were any of us involved in this, and if so how did you find it?

Amazes me to see stuff on this scale going on!
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

Re: Curious

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:27 pm

winbrian
Sadly I wasn't home when the battle started. They actually started to form up the fleets 2 hours before deploying to that system. Would have loved being in that battle.

Sleepy did go and one other corp mate.

Battle went on for 5 hours because of time dilation. (10% of normal speed in this battle)

Battle Report: http://themittani.com/features/6vdt-cfc-battle-report
Battle Blog: http://themittani.com/news/live-reports ... victorious
Battle Summery (Involved Kills): http://dog-net.org/brdoc/?brid=22475

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:38 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Amazing stuff. Thanks for the links mate, I find this really fascinating reading :)

So how was it Sl33py??? :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:24 am

Stracius
Our alliance is part of the <censored> (CFC), which was one side of the battle happening here. We've been deployed in a war vs. the other side, Test (a proxy, we were actually fighting other coalitions on Test's behalf), for the past month or two. There have been many battles leading up to the one you linked, though none quite as big (a few approaching the size).

When battles happen, communications are sent out via an instant messenger application on XMPP, otherwise known as Jabber. This alerts any player that has permissions to receive these broadcasts, or "pings" as players like to call them, that fleets are forming - both Test and the CFC make use of XMPP. We log in or move to the solar system that the fleet forms up in, then are taken by our fleet commanders to the system the battle is, or will, occur in.

sl33py and Khizune were both involved in the battle. I was only able to watch the initial form-up right before I had to go into work.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:51 pm

winbrian
Official CCP Summery and Numbers Blog
http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev ... or-6vdt-h/

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:02 am

SL33PY
The battle was both epic and long strung. Because of TiDi. I kept at it deep into the night. TiDi is short for Time Dialation (or somesuch), it means that CCP slows down the time in a certain system to be sure that the server can process all commands. I went along with a Logistics ship (Logi), which means I didn't get any kills, but I prevented the enemy of killing our guys.

The opposition had a lot of jamming ships and that was annoying, as they target logistic ships the whole time in order to prevent us from repping(healing in wow :p) the right person/ship.

I was actually pretty lucky to get on board, as I thought I couldn't be of any use. Seems that I was.

In the beginning both sides started to pick on each others FC's [Fleet Commanders, the leader in each fleet giving orders and calling the targets]. Test FC's were disposed pretty quickly, all goon FC's lived to see another battle. That fact alone was a big reason of our victory. At one point our FC was primaried by three fleets of TEST and he got repairs from two Logistics squadrons from two CFC fleets.

It seems to me that TEST battle command isn't as well organised as the CFC's. Surprisingly a lot of the pilots were EU based, so I bet there were hundreds employees with little beady eyes in the office on monday, and I was one of them :D

It is by far the biggest fight I had, but not the best.

TiDi also made sure I could inform winbrian of all the stuff that was happening trough facebook :D

Return to “EvE Online”