when.

You'll never die alone...

Moderator: Global Moderators

when.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:03 am

[TgR]KILLER
did this forum turn into a flame everything thats nc related forum ? every topic i open has some bs like omg gw omg wow omg its is better nc sucks its a frigging nc bash forum now.

and yes i'm cranky can't sleep because of this idiotic weather.
Recklezz Human Paladin, Professions: Herbalism / Alchemy / First Aid / Fishing / Cooking.
Up to date profile on Allakhazam

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:46 pm

Athon Solo
Maybe it's something to do with the state of NC :weird:

Athon Solo
Eve: Athon Solo - Gallente

Looking forward to:
Supreme Commander
Fallen Earth

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:12 pm

M.Steiner
What Athon said :o

I think we all still love 'cron, just not what KK have let it become.
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:18 pm

Futile Resistance
I still love NC. If there was an actual server population, I'd be more than willing to fire it back up. And as to the GW comments, gotta advertise to potential recruitees :sweat: I'm sure it's the same with MS' WoW ones :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:43 pm

[TgR]KILLER
then still.. nc not being what you want it to be atm gives you the right to just flame anything thats said about nc ?

if you don't like nc or don't even play it because the state its in then just go to the wow forum and give it a damned rest. don't see me going to flame every topic in the wow forum because i don't like the game do you ?

nuff said.
Recklezz Human Paladin, Professions: Herbalism / Alchemy / First Aid / Fishing / Cooking.
Up to date profile on Allakhazam

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:45 pm

M.Steiner
I'd also be willing to come back to NC if there was a bigger population, NC's current pop is shocking for a "Massively Multiplayer". I tried for months to play with it and it just bored me, and since i left the pop has got even worse heh.. - Oh and when they actually have a decent creditcard payment system in like Paypal, i won't ever go back whilst click2pay are handling CC payments. Not after the 2 months of crap i had from them the last time.

Oh and i only keep giving WoW comments because it'd be great to see some more SSX in WoW. We already have a lot of the NC peeps (some ex NC) in our WoW:EU guild, it'd be fantastic to see even more. (Me, QD, Scorp, SS, riccko, Anny, Gryphy, Stew. We even have Iorghe with us. ;D)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:47 pm

M.Steiner
[TgR]KILLER wrote:then still.. nc not being what you want it to be atm gives you the right to just flame anything thats said about nc ?

if you don't like nc or don't even play it because the state its in then just go to the wow forum and give it a damned rest. don't see me going to flame every topic in the wow forum because i don't like the game do you ?

nuff said.
You seen me going over to the official NC forums and flaming KK or the game? No. Your example is something totally different dude.

Why shouldn't we say what we feel here? These are our forums, the SSX's. They're not the Official NC forums, and they're not the Official WoW forums. We should be able to say what we want (within reason) on our own forums.

Let me ask you this killer,

What gives YOU the right to come here and tell us what we can and can't talk about on our forums eh? :o

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:28 pm

Athon Solo
I "flame" NC & KK because I DO like NC - I want KK to get back on track, so I try to point them in that direction.

I'm also a pretty vocal person in general - if someone's doing something that annoys me (like KK announcing featuresets with a frequency equivalent to any of the big MMO's, then not delivering, then proceeding to give the "it was only a plan file" and the "we're not Sony" excuses) I say something.

As a game I do really like Neocron - it's just that the way KK is going about things seems very wrong to me - and to a lot of other people judging by the server populations, and their downward trend.

And I hate fantasy games, so you'll find me over on the WoW forums the same day that you pry my mouse out of my cold dead fingers.

And to be truthful, I'm not a HUGE fan of AO - it's a nice game, and atm it's better than Neocron, but only because:
a) A lot of SSX have moved there - I tried AO before on my own and to be frank I found it boring and reptitive, but it's a lot more interesting when you have an org to help you.

a) appendage: A lot of SSX have also gone to other games such as GW and WoW, further reducing the fun of playing in NC and opportunities for op wars and the like

b) Frustrations with KK's method of announcing new features (see above)

c) Downward trend in NC's server pops and op wars (and IMO the downward trend in op wars started when all the GRs and UGs were shut, but I believe that that's not the biggest problem with op wars atm) makes the game more boring

Athon Solo
Eve: Athon Solo - Gallente

Looking forward to:
Supreme Commander
Fallen Earth

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:25 pm

SSX-Biggie
I gotta say, I feel similarly to what Killa is saying. This board has become an NC bash-a-thon tinged with bitterness lately. I don't mind it because I know you guys are good people, but I do notice it.

There are a lot of legitimate points made about the state of the game, but it seems like in an effort to get more SSX playing WoW, we are trying to snag them from NC.

It's not a case of "Niddhog-ism" and censorship, but more a case of, "just be fair in what you say about the game".

You know I love you all :) I will still be in NC.
BlackDove wrote:You see this is what happens when you give drugs to Bigs.
He starts to love you.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:00 pm

Blue Star
I usually keep out of the affairs of NC nowadays, but TBH I'm in the NCsceptic boat myself.

I don't think much of WoW myself (didn't wet my whistle TBH but more power to the WoW lot), but there is a significant difference between WoW & NC. To me, WoW is a mediocre game (once you get back the novelty) but the few problems it has are mediocre (most of the reported issues I've seen have been given hotfixes). NC on the other hand was a great game but has a lot of significant problems, especially a critical problem with their main payment system which is arguably the most important part of an MMOG to make sure is working.

It's great to see KK reverse an unpopular decision (whether their hands were tied or not), and if they could overhaul or get rid of their C2P service then I would happily rejoin the Angels again. :) But ATM to quote Seymour, it's a case of "too little, too late". :(

Funny thing was that NC1 was alive and kicking this time last year - Could it have been the focus of NC2 that cut the game numbers?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:24 pm

M.Steiner
I apologise if i've offended anyone with any of the comments ive said about KK or the current state of NC on our forums over the past few weeks or so, i did feel it would be better for me to say what i thought on here rather than on the official NC forums but hey.. maybe i should just keep my comments to myself from now on as far as NC goes.....

At the end of the day, the only reason why i do complain about this stuff is because i want NC to do well and become successful. I like to still keep tabs on NC incase things improve. If i really disliked NC would i have played it for over 2 years of my life? No. Its because i care that i complain.. if i disliked the game i wouldn't give a crap what was wrong with it...
SSX-Biggie wrote:but it seems like in an effort to get more SSX playing WoW, we are trying to snag them from NC.
Not at all mate, we already have 110 members in WoW, usually around 20 or more people online every evening. (Have 20 online right now). Its not like we're desperate for members or anything, just would be great to play with some of you guys again thats all. Not trying to "snag" any of you away from NC and didn't mean anything bad by it dude.

My other comment still stands though, and thats that whether he's right or wrong, Killer has absolutely no right to come here and complain about whatever's being said.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:09 am

BlackDove
You are not using the power of being a fascist.

Commendable.

I would fall to the dark side by now.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:02 pm

SSX-Biggie
I for one am NOT offended by anyone's comments here. We are a group of friends here so none of us should take offense at what anyone else says here.

I miss playing with you guys that are no longer in NC. It gets very lonely when playing as the sole eXile on the server overnight. Luckily we are allied with R2K/Rangers and I've made friends with people in other clans, so I am not completely alone, but I would like to see my eXile brothers ingame more often.

I will continue to carry the eXile torch in NC regardless.

-bigs
BlackDove wrote:You see this is what happens when you give drugs to Bigs.
He starts to love you.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 5:52 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
SSX-Biggie wrote:I miss playing with you guys that are no longer in NC. It gets very lonely when playing as the sole eXile on the server overnight. Luckily we are allied with R2K/Rangers and I've made friends with people in other clans, so I am not completely alone, but I would like to see my eXile brothers ingame more often.

I will continue to carry the eXile torch in NC regardless.

-bigs
As I said in the other thead, Im in the same boat really. It does get lonely playing as the sole eXile. When I login and am greeted with nothing but silence on Alliance, Faction, and Clan, I get lonely and thus bored. Makes me want to logout, and I do.

I dont think Im going to be playing much NC apart from at the weekend from now on since thats the only time I stay on late enough to meet up with you, Bigs, or someone else. I'll still pop in during the week, but just repetetively killing low lvl mobs on my APU without having anyone to chat with isn't too much fun.

Im going to keep playing NC, at least until my next payment in August (then I will look at the state of the game at the time), just not as much as I have been. These low populations are killing the game, at least for me. Silence everywhere just isnt fun :(

I plan to be playing later tonight, hopefully I'll catch you then Bigs.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

Return to “Neocron”