Introducing myself. =)

You'll never die alone...

Moderator: Global Moderators

Introducing myself. =)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:55 pm

Kiang
Hello everyone. I met Phayse in in Neocron at the begining of my adventures. He toss me a few bucks and sent me on my way. That was my first contact in Neocron. I was extreemly greatfull. Over the last several days hes helped me out with info on quests and and places to hunt. Hes kind of my ingame contact at the moment. Had a bit of an issue though. He thought my name was kLang not kIang so I wasnt showing up on his buddy list. hehe. We got that worked out.

Anyhow, we started chatting and he mentioned that his clan was recruiting for Neocron and told me to come introduce myself to everyone. So here I am. Ive played several games over the last few years. My first was AC. Good game, just didnt hold my attention very long. After that I moved over to DaoC. Now that game I fell in love with right off the bat. I ended up with two accounts and 7 lvl 50 characters. Great game, but like all great games it changed way to much near my end. Had a hard time leaving it, but there were other games out there I needed to try. Moved over to Horzions for a short stint. Then found CoH. Really liked that game. Had a lvl 50 tank. Problem was after 50 there wasnt anything to do. Tried out WoW for a bit, but it wasnt my game. I played a few beta's and then hit Saga of Ryzom. Good game, but it just seems to take so dang long to chatch up with other people high lvl. Now Im here at Neocron. Its my first sci-fi game. Im diggin the hell out of it. Im gonna stick with this one quite awhile. I do want to try out DDO when it comes out, but Im 99% sure I found what Ive been looking for sinc DaoC with Neocron. Well thats a little of my gameing history.

Ive never been much of a guild leader, but I am a great soldier. I was hopeing maybe you guys could concider me for clan memebership. Im having a blast there and would like to actually get on a team for once. =)

Well thats all for now. Hope to see you soon.

Kiang

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:59 pm

Gryphon
Whaddya think guys?
Gryph

(AKA) Phayse :thumb:
ESO - EU - Ebonheart
Jalfrezi - Khajit DK/Destro
Peeks-Through-Windows - Argonian Templar/Resto

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:06 pm

Kon
Hey Kiang! I think I might have done some Storage Level 1 with you a few days ago? (My character name is Raynou) Anyway, if you need vouching it seems you have had extensive contact with Phayse, so I'm sure you'll be good for the clan. Rules here say you need two vouchers though, but I can do that since I at least played with you for awhile (I think.) See you ingame! :D
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:39 pm

Gryphon
I will say this though.

If you were to clan it would involve the removal of your law enforcer chip. Which would open you to being shot and killed by other players. Which sometimes, can happen with alarming regularity. :eek:
ESO - EU - Ebonheart

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:39 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
You sound like a good guy to me, but I can't just on forum posts alone. Over the next day or two I'll try to contact you ingame via DM (my char name is Lordanubis) and have a chat to you before I vouch for you.

For now, welcome to the forums :thumb:
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:08 pm

Kiang
Right on. Thanks for the vote of confidence guys. Yeah we played in storage for a little bit. I was still to young for that place. Tried it a couple times and got cooked. I think Im ready for it now. =)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:10 pm

Kiang
Right on Anubis. Ill be looking forward to our conversations. Ill be leaving on thrusday to go out of town till sunday. If you dont catch me before then Ill be quite a bit after sunday. Talk to you soon.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:12 pm

M.Steiner
Hey there, Kiang. Welcome to the forums dude. :thumb:
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:11 am

Kiang
Hi there. Glad to be allowed to hang out. =)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:43 am

Reeza
Need some ppu support just shout in clan if i am online, if i aint busy i will help with my ppu

and phayse soz bout earlier for vanishin am 1 symp point short so i logged and had some beer... and a bit more beer and now well ... i dont think my reflex's would be at there prime ;D
Sectioned.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:50 am

SSX-Biggie
Welcome Reeza (because I didn't officially welcome you yet.. MUST be the name....GRRRRRRRR ;) ) and welcome Kiang!

I've seen Kiang chatting on FACTION (I was the guy who told you to go to El Farid for your Epic). Kiang seems cool so far, I trust you guys' judgement.

Word of warning; no LE + SSX tag = attacks from ANY clanned Pro-City. Learn how to use your safeslot and prepare to get your CON levelled ;)

We are cool with Pro-City on a 'respect your enemy' basis, but that also leads them to never underestimate us in a non-safezone.

That being said, welcome to the forums!! :)
I look forward to meeting you inperson ingame.

-bigs
BlackDove wrote:You see this is what happens when you give drugs to Bigs.
He starts to love you.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:29 am

Gryphon
and phayse soz bout earlier for vanishin am 1 symp point short so i logged and had some beer... and a bit more beer and now well ... i dont think my reflex's would be at there prime ;D
It's aight - just as you toddled off the other half rang. For an hour. =/ Glad I wasn't paying for that call

:sweat:
We are cool with Pro-City on a 'respect your enemy' basis, but that also leads them to never underestimate us in a non-safezone.
*Pats speedie*

I like system shock and En4cers... They tend to make a high pitched whine via DM after. :p

:thumb:
ESO - EU - Ebonheart

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:55 am

Kiang
Man I would love nothing more then to get into some heavy clan action. Big PvP fan as long as its done with some respect. Not a big fan of those Kill anything in site guys. At this point I think DaoC had the best PvP. Its the only game that actually gave you a reason to fight. The randomness and ungoal orriented PvP in most games seems to be all about ego. I just wanna kill people and have a reason for it. Random acts of violence never got me anywhere IRL so why should it ingame. =)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:07 am

Gryphon
Kiang wrote:Man I would love nothing more then to get into some heavy clan action. Big PvP fan as long as its done with some respect. Not a big fan of those Kill anything in site guys. At this point I think DaoC had the best PvP. Its the only game that actually gave you a reason to fight. The randomness and ungoal orriented PvP in most games seems to be all about ego. I just wanna kill people and have a reason for it. Random acts of violence never got me anywhere IRL so why should it ingame. =)
Yep - We'll be going to war soon methinks. We have a enough for an Outpost Team, so I'm thinking we try for a lab or a factory at some point. :thumb:
ESO - EU - Ebonheart

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:14 am

SSX-Biggie
Gryphon wrote: Yep - We'll be going to war soon methinks. We have a enough for an Outpost Team, so I'm thinking we try for a lab or a factory at some point. :thumb:
I am ALL for this!!!
BlackDove wrote:You see this is what happens when you give drugs to Bigs.
He starts to love you.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:44 am

Reeza
Gryphon wrote:

I like system shock and En4cers... They tend to make a high pitched whine via DM after. :p

:thumb:
Are they french?

Coz i have a feeling there my old enemies, TSC are definately my ppus enemy i disliked them since Venus :p
Sectioned.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:15 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
SSX-Biggie wrote:
Gryphon wrote: Yep - We'll be going to war soon methinks. We have a enough for an Outpost Team, so I'm thinking we try for a lab or a factory at some point. :thumb:
I am ALL for this!!!
Ditto :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:55 pm

Reeza
and defo down for the op war bit

I live for this sh1t
Sectioned.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:41 pm

Gryphon
Sweet jesus! I said something an people agreed!

*Brain implodes*
ESO - EU - Ebonheart

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:13 pm

Reeza
Army of ppu supported tanks (melee/heavy) > Army of ppur support apus

We need apu for anti buff i spose but imagine like 5/6 tanks with 1/2 ppus at a op war.... i might hyb melee due to reload but damn would own coz tanks resist and ppu = godlike :D :p
Sectioned.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:21 pm

Gryphon
:D
ESO - EU - Ebonheart

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:43 pm

Kiang
I have a few questions if no one minds helpin me out. =)

First as a spy I only get 20 in the skill I was thinking about going with PPU as my psi ability to get the heal so I dont have to buy med kits anymore. Is it worth it for a spy to get that or stick with med kits and dump it all in int psi resist?

Now If I go with med kits Im going to want recycle in order to not have to buy med kits all the time. This is also good for ammo. Whats the highest lvl in recycle I would have to get in order to keep makeing the highest lvl med kits?

Also Is it neccesisary to take my rifle skills up above the basic requirements of the highest weapons in order to get maximum efficincy? For instance First Love and Disruptor both have high requrements. R-C 122 and T-C 89. Does my skill need to be much higher then those to get the max dmg from them. I know I will eventually have implants and whatnot. Should I just take my skills to their base lvl and use implants for the rest? Yes I do plan on getting a character that high. =)

Anyhow Ill just start with these questions for now. Ill surely ask more as I go along. =)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:01 pm

Kiang
I found one more question about resists. Is there a resist cap? Ive been playing with Neoskiller and found that in the STR list is transport and Resist Force. Since Im not doing any melee combat or HC I put 75 into tras and 75 into RF. Then looked at my resist percentage and its up to 44.9% is that way to high or do I need more? Im just curious I would hate to waste all those points if its not needed at all. :p

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:21 pm

BlackDove
Psi resist is a beta DEFUNCT skill - NEVER waste points into it. It doesn't do anything.

What you need to aim for as a spy regarding PSI is shelter with drugs. Fill out the skill points in the way so that when you drug yourself up with (paratemol was it?) a psi drug, you reach the requirmenets for the shelter.

I'll leave the rest of yer questions to be answered by others.

Welcome aboard :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:37 pm

Kiang
Cool didnt know that about Psi Resist. Thanks for the heads up.

Return to “Neocron”