NC can be so friggin stupid sometimes...

You'll never die alone...

Moderator: Global Moderators

NC can be so friggin stupid sometimes...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:39 am

M.Steiner
Buy glider 1, spawn it from the garage. It starts driving away, crashes and blows up.

Buy glider 2, spawn it, drive it. It starts to get dark, cant see where the hell i am flying cos of the stupid draw distance. Suddenly the dome comes into view... not enough time to turn. Bang!

Buy glider 3, spawn it, drive it. Get to one of the ops, and i decide to tag the gr, so i pull up somewhere thats flat. Run to the gr, come back.. Now the bloody thing is stuck in the ground and refuses to take off again.

Can't push it...

Cant warp it back to the garage...

So basically its just sittin there waiting for someone to pass by and blow it up.

God damn game, like i can offord to buy a handful of gliders per day :smack: :shake:
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 8:10 pm

Futile Resistance
LOL, I like how you crashed into such a huge object as the dome :sweat:

But yea, that "hook" thing about VHC getting stuck on things is annoying. It's a good thing TH has VHCs, otherwise I would've had to just leave the carrier where it was last time (before the rollback).

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:53 pm

Scorpius
Futile Resistance wrote:LOL, I like how you crashed into such a huge object as the dome :sweat:
He's took the handy SirRah lessons in how to crash, erm I mean to Fly...... :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:55 am

M.Steiner
Nah it was cos i'd had my fog distance on to get better FPS.. with it on i couldn't see sh*** until i was actually right NEXT to it. I can fly and actually see where i am flying to now :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:12 am

Reaps
hehe, i remember testing the gliders with lupus on the testserver. They were pretty easy to fly if you used the vehicle station on the edge of the cliff, although once you land, you didn't usually fly again without respawning.

how are they in NC2?
Still here

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:17 am

M.Steiner
Still easy to fly, and still fragile but they're pretty cheap to buy so thats cool. Have only had a problem with landing and not being able to take off again, once. That was when i landed at Avenger mine where all those broken bones n stuff are on the ground, and my glider seemed to get stuck lol.

Great fun though when u turn the fog off so you can actually see where your going hehe.

Return to “Neocron”