HDMI

Gears of War, Rainbow Six, Halo 2, Test Drive Unlimited, you name it, we play it.

Moderator: Global Moderators

HDMI

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:09 am

Ambush
I was hoping BD was wrong with this, because this "rumour" and the photos have gone around before, but this, this is depressing.

Xbox 360 w/ HDMI

Brings a tear to 10 million people..... :(
"Ambush, You Have deceived us! I'm gonna hunt you and your ship to the ends of the universe!" --SSC-Fahd "Ham Chronicles"

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:18 am

NiTz
Luckily Announced As A Prototype Now....But Im Sure if it picks up enough positive attention they will consider the release of this dooming product :shake:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:44 am

BlackDove
That's sort of just the small point.

There will be two detrimental factors that will scale just how much you're going to get rammed.

The first will be the rumored 60-80-120 gigabyte hard disk.

The second one will be the price.

If it's just the HDMI it's not really THAT big of a deal unless you're planning to get a very big HDTV in the next few years where you'd know the difference. There's also the audio, which is also a slight point if you have a good surround system.

However if a better HDD is put in, and the price is only slightly higher/equal to that of the Premium, you will have gotten royally screwed over, because you were not informed that you were just a glorified beta tester (not to mention the amount of bricking of the thing must've given them needed information on what's wrong with it).

Anyway, it boils down to simple things. If money is no object to you, and you can afford to buy a new one every month, you won't care. If it's something you save three or four months salaries on, you'll be screwed over. At least I'd feel that way.

There are other ways of looking at it obviously. It's not like your 360 you currently own will be worthless. You'll still play your games and you just might have to delete a thing or two to download something else some time down the line.

But as far as I'm concerned, consoles were always about what PC's weren't. Life cycles of fifteen minutes before a new better component is out. And if they really do re-do it just after a year of release, I don't see what's stopping them to redesign it again after the new one comes out.

I'm sure that it's a lucrative business to sell the "newest" and "best" every other week to the sick with enough money to buy it, but as far as you look back from Atari days over the NES' and SNES' and PS', this is the first time that a console is getting re-designed so shortly after its initial release, where it will have a very noticeable impact on performance between the previous and next version.

At any rate, it's bad overall. If people tolerate it from Microsoft, I don't see what's stopping the other assholes; Sony and Nintendo (they're all parasites, they just have different names) saying "Hey look, people are re-buying the thing, let's start doing it on our own consoles every other week too, money is great".

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:25 pm

Inquisitor
Well, IF a new HDD is "put in" its modular, you don't have to replace the whole unit to pur a new HDD in, nor do you need to void the warranty. So the cost will be incremental, not replacement of the whole unit. That's effectively the only difference between the premium and core syustems today. A core system just doesn't come with a HDD, but nothing stops you from going out later and buying one.

The original Xbox shipped with a larger HDD late in its lifecycle, and although I never ran out of space on my first gen, I DID feel a little cheated. I would have had to replace entirely or void my warranty.

This one snaps on and off, replacing it is trivial.
No signature

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:38 pm

NiTz
IMO , If This new xbox is to come out , core will be taken off the market , premium will become the new core , and the new premium is the xenon or whatever its being called these days, obviously there will be a new HDD sometime soon , M$ announced personal tv along with the many other Space hogging ideas , including the the downloading of HD movies and shows (which isnt new news) but there is no way Its all expected to be used on a 20 gig drive.

If A 120 gig drive is to come out like rumoured.. whats the price point. if u pay over $100 for 20 gigs now, by that math 120 will be atleast $250, And I Aint Paying That

Lets Hope For A Big Price Drop Soon :D

Return to “Xbox Live”