Saints Row

Gears of War, Rainbow Six, Halo 2, Test Drive Unlimited, you name it, we play it.

Moderator: Global Moderators

Saints Row

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:50 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Been having a play around with the demo today and Saints Row has quite impressed me. Its no GTA4 by any means, but its in the same groove as the games, certainly good enough for a playthrough.

I'm thinking of getting it, for no other reason than to tide me over until GTA4 hits in the Autumn. Does anyone else have a copy and some thoughts about the game as a whole? Whilst the demo was a lot of fun, it was pretty short and didn't really give a larger picture of the game.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:13 am

Ambush
I've played and beaten Saints Row and I would have to say it was pretty fun, and since you are saying you want it JUST to tide you over till GTA4 than go for it.
I rented it for a month, beat it and brought it back, but maybe you can get it used for real cheap, shouldnt it becoming as a platnium hit some time soon?
"Ambush, You Have deceived us! I'm gonna hunt you and your ship to the ends of the universe!" --SSC-Fahd "Ham Chronicles"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:01 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Amazon has it under 'Xbox Classics' for 20, which is relatively cheap I guess. I am tempted I must admit, is the story any good? I liked the idea of it that I got from the demo, but as Ive said it was a bit short for large impressions :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:54 pm

Inquisitor
I only played the demo. XBL play was supposed to be a hoot though.
No signature

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:01 pm

Ambush
I never tried the XBL part of it.
But I did enjoy the story line, funny at times but for $20 you cant go wrong.
"Ambush, You Have deceived us! I'm gonna hunt you and your ship to the ends of the universe!" --SSC-Fahd "Ham Chronicles"

Return to “Xbox Live”