Zepol bored/quit?

The Free People of Middle Earth need you in the fight against the Dark Lord Sauron and his minions. Will you answer the call and join the forces of good in the War of the Ring?

Moderators: Global Moderators, LOTRO Moderators

Zepol bored/quit?

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 1:37 pm

Inquisitor
It seems Zep may be done with the game already, in which case we have a we little problem, it appears only the kinship (guild) founder can create officers, so we may need to recreate it.

Since "Shattered Star Exiles" will not be available, we (the 5 of us who are actually in the kinship lin game) thought maybe we could have a little fun with it. One of hte things the guild I joined on Vilya did which I thought was very clever, was use elvish to name themselves. Its cool, it's Tolkien, and it draws attention in a good way.

How about something like:

Gil uin Edledhron

Which translates to "Star of the Exile"

http://www.jrrvf.com/hisweloke/sindar/downloads.html if you want to download a dictionary to play with, but we tossed a few around last night, and this seemed to be the most interesting.

Thoughts?
No signature

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:01 pm

Zepol
i can always log in and quit the kinship i think it will give you the kinship since you are named the successor

ill iinstall the game in my freshly refmoratted pc so ill come in tommorrow to do it
(RIP-You will never be forgotten)Zepol lvl 70 Lock- Afflication and Destruction.
(Reborn)Zepol lvl 80 Mage - Arcane (Akama)
Ive lvl 80 Shamman - Resto/Elemental(Akama)
Faeith lvl 80 DeathKnight - Frost Tank/Blood DPS(Akama)
Never give up before attempting it first.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:40 pm

Lazlo Hollyfeld
i'll start a new char on elendilmir tonight....i'll be playing a human minstrel/tinker and if either "lazlo" or "messiahisadork" are unavailable, then i'm not sure yet what my name will be.

cool idea for the guild name, quiz. the only hesitation i have is that other than the fact that it looks elvish, nobody will know what it means till they ask, and it may be hard to recognize. i guess it depends on what the goals for the guild are. if we want to keep it small and tight-knit than the elvish name is great, if there are ambitions to grow it into a larger guild, we might want to make the name something more catchy and easily recognizable; how about "lords of lorien"? either way, it's all good to me.
"you see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. you're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar. where can you go from there? where?"
-nigel tufnel

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:52 pm

Messiah
I have no preference regarding name. I see no reason why we should be tied to SSX in a game. I think it is a great idea to do something different.

Laz, 'messiahisadork' is sure to be taken. May you should go with something that fits your personality. 'Sir Robin' fits nicely.
"All I was trying to do was get people to want to make their own new ring of light so that it is forever a name with meaning and substance ...." - BlackDove the Beneficent

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:54 pm

Inquisitor
Zep, if you could do that, that will make any transition we decide on easier.

We may still do the elvish thing, but it would be nice to not have to do it tonight :)
No signature

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:29 pm

Inquisitor
Actually, if you could make everyone who is currently in the guild officers before you hand it over to me, they can get the other two guys who need invited while I am gone :)

Then you can hand it over to me :)

Then, when i get back this weekend, we can decide what to call it :)
No signature

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 1:16 pm

Zepol
dang updates take forever....it still installing =|
(RIP-You will never be forgotten)Zepol lvl 70 Lock- Afflication and Destruction.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 1:21 pm

Inquisitor
Its much appreciated though :)
No signature

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 3:02 pm

Zepol
ok it has been done, apparently if i resign it puts the successor as Leader, so your the man ed =D
As far as everybody else I have bumped them up to officer :thumb:

Please Stay

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 4:49 pm

Eli
Zepol:

I know I am a Tolkien fanactic and that probably clouds my judgement about the game, but I think you need to give it another chance. The kinship (guild) is slowly but surely increasing in membership, and the game is much more fun when playing in a team.

Re: Please Stay

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 5:22 pm

Zepol
Ithron wrote:Zepol:

I know I am a Tolkien fanactic and that probably clouds my judgement about the game, but I think you need to give it another chance. The kinship (guild) is slowly but surely increasing in membership, and the game is much more fun when playing in a team.
sorry bud but the game play is not doing it for me, not to mention the clases are mostly melee
Specially those quests they are needles in haystacks.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 12:07 am

Inquisitor
Hmmm, I have not found that to be the case at all :)

Hunter is definitely turning into a ranged affair.

Oh well, thanks for taking care of that. We'll decide the final guild stuff when I get back, we can at least keep track of everyone now.

Thanks!
No signature

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 5:50 am

Lazlo Hollyfeld
I've been playing a human minstrel named "Bo" on Elendilmir. I'll be travelling for most of the next two weeks, so won't be playing much...but I'll be back.
"you see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. you're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar. where can you go from there? where?"
-nigel tufnel

Return to “Lord of the Rings”