My playtime

The Free People of Middle Earth need you in the fight against the Dark Lord Sauron and his minions. Will you answer the call and join the forces of good in the War of the Ring?

Moderators: Global Moderators, LOTRO Moderators

My playtime

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:22 pm

Inquisitor
As you may have noticed, my playtime has been severely limited. Figured a bit of an explanation was in order, since it hasn't improved much.

My wife and I started takign a fencing class abotu a month ago, it keeps me out of the house two nights a week. Now, consider that the last time i did any intentional excercise was 20 years ago, and unintentional excercise was at least 15 (hiking as part of being a field guy), this whole thing has been a bit of a surprise to me, but i am really enjoying it.

It does kill two whole evenings, which then complicates my schedule. I usually have something extracurricular about once a week anyway, drinks with coworkers, game dev meetings, visting neighbors, etc. I am a pretty social guy for a gamer. My wife also likes to spend at least one night a week chilling on the couch watching TV (Dr. Who, etc), and if I have any unexpected plans, that can kill the other night. So that's 5 nights a week right there.

Saturdays are often chore/errand days, last weekend we spent it at Home Depot buying stuff for a bed frame and my new mini-workout area in the basement.

I am pretty much relegated to Sundays for playing pretty much anything, including LOTRO or any of my console games.

This should let up a bit in early September, or at least the class schedule will change so that its not two weeknights, which is really what is killing me now.

Anywho, that's what's up, in case you were wondering why that guy in the top spot only seemed to be on once a week, and was only level 44 :)
No signature

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:41 pm

Syro
Who are you again? :D

Don't worry about it. Sounds like life is good for you! We are all doing well in game, and everyone is happily killing stuff.

Thanks for the update.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:18 pm

Pixistix
Wait a minute... you give me a buddy pass but are barely playing?

(>.<)9 I otta...
Blarghl.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:29 pm

Inquisitor
Once a week, luv, once a week :) I am playing, just not every night :)

The whole social life and excercise thing, ya know. Huge kink in my gaming.

Could be worse, I gave the in laws actual full versions, yet only managed to get one of my mother in laws characters in the kinship.
No signature

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:58 pm

Pixistix
Well I suppose that's acceptable, since it's the reason Convict and I are dropping FFXI.

On that topic...

With LotRO is it possible to log in for a couple of hours and get stuff done? I guess I will find out, I'm just curious if it's more FFXI like or more WoW like in that regard.

Tell the in-laws "howdy!" from Con and I :). They still rank as some of the coolest people we met in FFXI. I would say that they are the coolest in-laws ever, but I have to be careful of that since I'm close to getting my own one of these days ;).
Blarghl.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:14 pm

Buzz
Inquisitor wrote:Once a week, luv, once a week :) I am playing, just not every night :)

Could be worse, I gave the in laws actual full versions, yet only managed to get one of my mother in laws characters in the kinship.
Sorry, but I have to ask: which character is your mother-in-law's?
Fjornin - dorf punching bag

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:32 pm

Syro
Buzz wrote:
Inquisitor wrote:Once a week, luv, once a week :) I am playing, just not every night :)

Sorry, but I have to ask: which character is your mother-in-law's?
Rut-roh! :eek: I think Bink was hitting on her. :shake:

Does she like Hobbits?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:47 pm

Inquisitor
I think its Cyowen, I'll login and check my friends list ;)

As for getting stuff done in an hour or 2, yeah, totally possible, one of the main reasons I am really enjoying the game.
No signature

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:30 pm

Syro
Syro wrote:Rut-roh! :eek: I think Bink was hitting on her. :shake:

Does she like Hobbits?
Mariwen! :nervous:

Return to “Lord of the Rings”