Penumbra seeking kin alliance -- ATTENTION level 50s !!!!!

The Free People of Middle Earth need you in the fight against the Dark Lord Sauron and his minions. Will you answer the call and join the forces of good in the War of the Ring?

Moderators: Global Moderators, LOTRO Moderators

What are your thoughts about kinship alliances?

I am all for it!
100%
I am not sure.
No votes
I am against it.
No votes

Total votes: 9

Penumbra seeking kin alliance -- ATTENTION level 50s !!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:59 pm

Revonator
I don't have much time to post but...

Penumbra is a decent kin that is excellent to RAID with.

They are seeking to make alliances (and we are invited) for RAID purposes.

They have scheduled RAID opportunites and those that are deemed as "Allies" are welcome to sign up and run with them.

:eek:

Also: Penumbra's website:
http://www.penumbra.dkpsystem.com/news.php

BTW they also set up runs for Deed completions, book runs, and quest lines...
Last edited by Revonator on Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Mains" Revonator- lvl 60 Captain, Thorrz - lvl 60 Guardian, Hushai lvl 60 Champion, Revonater - lvl 60 Minstrel, Melwinn -lvl 49 Hunter
Kinship:~Defenders of the Greyflood~ Creeps: Revnakh- R5 Warg, Squatch - R6 WL, Squatchk - R6 BA, Squatckh - R4 Reaver
"Alter Egos" Revgar: Captian Leader and Founder of the kinship Training Dummies ~ Elrond: Elf Champion and member of Training Dummies

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:03 pm

Syro
Any update on this? We on for tonight (Friday)?

The RIFT...............

:thumb:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:27 pm

Revonator
Well, last night Penumbra had less Penumbra and more of a mix of kins (very pug like). I dont know if they got that one off the ground.

Pale and I went with a kin that was like super organized and serious...we did the first 2 bosses and wiped on #3...calling it a night.

The main Penumbra Rift run is Saturday and Sunday.

Calinis aka Dolgan or Fuschia can be contacted. If anyone particular is interested let me know in this thread and I will try to contact them.

As far as for tonight (Friday) IF I can get out of the wifey's agro range I will try to go in for the 2nd run with the group Pale and I were with last night. I cannot promise a spot with these folks (seriously hard core group...Pale got me in LOL).

Penumbra, even if it is a little rough filling up the RAID in the beginning seems like a great kin for us to run with. Our peeps getting to know theirs will be a very good investment I believe for both kinships.

Their basic rules for rolling are like this:

"Pass" on all yellow items for the tanks to offset repairs...
Roll "need" on any crafting drops that your present toon can use...
Roll "need" on any rift shards and ore.
Roll "Need" on teal and jewel drops from bosses.

...IF you win a jewel, you're to refrain for the rest of the week (essentially everyone has a good chance to get one this way, especially if there are mulitple runs of the same group).

I have now gotten the chestpiece and the boots from the rift YAY!

Lastnight a War Captain's Breastplate dropped from a regular mob..I passed for the other 2 captains present....but man GREAT times!
"Mains" Revonator- lvl 60 Captain, Thorrz - lvl 60 Guardian, Hushai lvl 60 Champion, Revonater - lvl 60 Minstrel, Melwinn -lvl 49 Hunter
Kinship:~Defenders of the Greyflood~ Creeps: Revnakh- R5 Warg, Squatch - R6 WL, Squatchk - R6 BA, Squatckh - R4 Reaver
"Alter Egos" Revgar: Captian Leader and Founder of the kinship Training Dummies ~ Elrond: Elf Champion and member of Training Dummies

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:22 am

Revonator
Bump....

This thread needs a look by our level 50s that want some high end content. Penumbra is a GREAT kinship.

They are totally awesome to run with. if you are interested go to the website in the first post and create an account. Post on their forums the Revonator sent you. :D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:53 am

El Oso
POLL:

How would SSX-LOTRO peeps feel about an in-game alliance with Penumbra, and possibly other Elendilmir kinships, for raiding, instance runs and to expand our pool of friends?

My take: Our numbers are too few to do everything the devs have made available, this can possibly benefit both kinships. To restate a point previously made in the forums, the intent is not to poach players from one kin or another, but to expand our base of friends & run with people who have similar goals & playstyles.

Whaddya think?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:57 pm

Revonator
I updated the first post and added the poll :D

I also signed up for the Rift run on Thusday :thumb:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:52 pm

backpain
I am all for it, and doing some rift/heligrod/book runs would definately get me playing again.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:21 pm

El Oso
Revonator wrote:I also signed up for the Rift run on Thusday
I would do the same but next week is my on-call week & I can't commit.

Revonator wrote:I updated the first post and added the poll
Cool! :thumb:
All- While a yes/no/maybeso will be helpful for a headcount, please feel free to post your reasoning/thoughts/concerns on this as well!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:04 am

Christhalion
Sounds good to me!
Main: Christhalion Lvl 50 Hunter - Cristomir Lvl 50 Champion- Christophin Minstrel - Cristoleon Burgular
Officer of the Defenders of the Greyflood an Elendilmer Kinship - http://dotg.guildlaunch.com

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:53 pm

Syro
Sounds great! I didn't vote :)

Kin Alliance

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:20 am

El Oso
Dolgan & I have made the alliance official :thumb:

What this means for us:
  • * We are invited on Penumbra runs and will be given priority for runs over PUG peeps. (signups will be open to us and, if there is room, will be approved within the last 48 hours before a run is scheduled.)

* Likewise, Penumbra folks will be invited & encouraged to join in on our runs to flesh out groups as needed.

* We will have a joint in-game chat set up between kinships. See here for more info: http://www.shatteredstar.org/forums/vie ... 1f25fc64e3)
SSX peeps- If you're interested in getting in on Penumbra runs & seeing what's new in their kinship, you're encouraged to create accounts on Penumbra's website (http://www.penumbra.dkpsystem.com/) & sign up/join in the discussions!

Return to “Lord of the Rings”